10+ Year Old Account
    From the BBC website:

Possible reasons why Liverpool keep hitting the woodwork:

1. Because hitting the post looks quite cool.

2. Some sort of magnet system sneakily installed by Everton fans.

3. The goal frame has let itself go and got a bit fat.

4. Their shooting isn't quite accurate enough.

Dunno about you guys, but I'm going for #2
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    De Gea not having a good day it seems...

10+ Year Old Account
    That was shaky, but bloody hell he recovered that well. Inches from being over the line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    That was shaky, but bloody hell he recovered that well. Inches from being over the line.
    Commentators here saying it was over the line, but from the still image they showed it looks to me it is still indeed a few inches on the line, but I'm honestly not sure. Either way he recovered it well, but otherwise he's had a pretty poor match.

10+ Year Old Account
    From every angle I've seen, it's at least an inch or two on the line.

I'll post my thoughts on De Gea post match.

15+ Year Old Account
    From every angle I've seen, it's at least an inch or two on the line.

I'll post my thoughts on De Gea post match.
    Hoping they show it again once the match is done here, otherwise it'll probably be easy to find on the net.

edit: Hah just when I was typing this they showed angle from above, and you can see the ball is not fully past the crossbar, and seeing as it is pretty much a direct shot from above, and the width of the crossbar and goal line are the same, I'd say you are right, it wasn't fully over. Amazing recovery from De Gea, redeemed himself a bit from otherwise having a pretty poor match so far.

edit2: And while typing, Cleverly scores! What a goal! Goal of the weekend imo!

edit3: and that was a good save by De Gea, seems he's having a better half this 2nd half.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-07 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    Messi and Ronaldo...what can you say xD

Both players just perform week in week out for their clubs. Surely 2 of the greatest players of all time it's such a pleasure to see them play every week we might not see players this good for a very long time.

----

Every...single...week he's diving I can't stand him.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-10-07 at 07:22 PM.

If I'm the big number 15 there I'm giving him something to yelp about and landing square on his hand!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Messi 2-2 CRonaldo

Fun game, relatively clean for a recent superclassico

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha that dive, I mean if you're going to dive a lot, at least be good at it... (or stop doing it completely, even better)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts from today.

United still cannot kill games when they have the motivation. You've gone 2-0 up in 12 minutes and run the other side to pieces, that's nice, go for the jugular early. Have them begging for half time, then come out strong and stop them getting any build up and take the game. Remember the 8-2 vs Arsenal? That was the last time United played out and out viscious.

De Gea is still the best shotstopper in the league, and still one of the worst for box management, the issue isn't just with him though. His team mates clusterfuck around him and make it more difficult because they panic thinking he won't be able to handle it and try to do it for him. He needs to start yelling Schmeichel style and telling them to sod off out of his way.

Van Persie is the first man since Beckham who I can trust to take a corner for United.

Tiote needs to go into movies, I'm not sure what the hell that flip out was but it was hilarious.

The ball didn't cross the line, but I think it was 60% amazing reflexes and 40% luck that De Gea kept it out.

I wish I was sat next to a Spurs fan having nightmares of Roy Carroll when that happened.

Cleverley totally meant that... honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leo fucking Messi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts from today.

United still cannot kill games when they have the motivation. You've gone 2-0 up in 12 minutes and run the other side to pieces, that's nice, go for the jugular early. Have them begging for half time, then come out strong and stop them getting any build up and take the game. Remember the 8-2 vs Arsenal? That was the last time United played out and out viscious.

De Gea is still the best shotstopper in the league, and still one of the worst for box management, the issue isn't just with him though. His team mates clusterfuck around him and make it more difficult because they panic thinking he won't be able to handle it and try to do it for him. He needs to start yelling Schmeichel style and telling them to sod off out of his way.

Van Persie is the first man since Beckham who I can trust to take a corner for United.

Tiote needs to go into movies, I'm not sure what the hell that flip out was but it was hilarious.

The ball didn't cross the line, but I think it was 60% amazing reflexes and 40% luck that De Gea kept it out.

I wish I was sat next to a Spurs fan having nightmares of Roy Carroll when that happened.

Cleverley totally meant that... honest.
    haha, nicely put, especially that Tiote bit, that was hilarious ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I missed one.

Doesn't matter how late you bring him into a game. Paul Scholes somehow always finds a way to get booked.

Oh I missed one.

Doesn't matter how late you bring him into a game. Paul Scholes somehow always finds a way to get booked.
    because he's a dirty bastard, always has been, always will be, if he has a choice between getting the ball clean or getting the ball & the man he'll take the ball & man!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's dirty, he's certainly not malicious. He's very much aware however that his timing is terrible, reminds me of the game vs Liverpool last year where he knows as he's committing to a tackle it's going to be late, and you can hear him apologising to Gerrard just before he makes contact.

He has an amazing sense of being able to drop a ball on someone's foot from 40 yards away, but he can't take a ball from someone using his foot from 5.

The guy couldn't tackle a fish supper, he's the kind of guy you want to see on Strictly because his timing is that bad, but he's perfectly capable of being a dirty bastard and he knows it - not quite on the Roy Keane scale of things but he's no angel! As for the passing comment, I'm sure I saw a meme recently of a quote from Ronaldo saying something along the lines of Scholes hitting a tree from 50 yards away first time, Ronaldo himself tried it ten times and couldn't do it (Ronaldo on the other hand probably did manage to wrap his car round it..)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Scholes is dirty, he's just shit at tackling as has been said heh.

Also all I read for the minute is how it's a disgrace how van Persie didn't get red for his "deliberate" (which is debatable) elbow to Cabaye, however I don't see anyone frigging complaining about Tiote's bloody awful 'could have broken a leg' tackle on Cleverly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    The other difference being that Suarez repeatedly used racial slurs while Terry only said it once
    How do you know this? Saurez admitted to saying Negro once. Whether or not he genuinely didnt realize the different meaning of the world on the other side of the atlantic he denied saying it more than once. Not a single video replay, camera or anything found him to even say the word at all. The FA took evras word that Saurez repeatedly said it. Also, Evra originally told the FA he said it 10 times. He later changed his story to 7 times, before settling on 5 times in a 3rd interview. I think it was a disgrace that the FA found a person guilty based on one mans word against another, especially it being Evra, who has had 3 previous accusations of racism turned away for being a compulsive liar.

I just want to state that I am not trying to justify or say Saurez should not have been banned, as he used a word which in our country in racist but is not in South american spanish. It was up to the FA to decide whether Saurez knew what he was saying or not, and they found him guilty so thats that and he should take his ban. My problem comes with the fact that it wasn't taken to court like John Terry, had it been taken to court, there was zero video evidence, zero sound evidence, hell, Terry was found not guilty with video evidence clearly showing him saying the racist term! Its obvious the case against Saurez would have been thrown out. Saurez had to give statements without video replays whilst evra had 3 seperate video replays to watch while he narrated the events. The case was so one sided it was ridiculous. Lets not even mention that the 3 FA judges in charge of the decision were part of the organisation bringing the charges against Saurez so why on earth would they rule against evra.

TLR Terry should have been given 8 matches to match Saurez. Racist abuse is racist abuse, double standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    How do you know this?

It's in the FA report regarding the Suarez case, he denied it, they didn't believe him.

especially it being Evra, who has had 3 previous accusations of racism turned away for being a compulsive liar.
    No he hasn't. Seriously did you actually believe that story? It got debunked within hours of making the LFC website.

I strongly suggest you go back and read the FA report on the incident.