10+ Year Old Account
    This has not been a great day for officiating sadly.

Cech also did amazing to stop Van Persie's shot from creeping over the line.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Rooney is off for Giggs, you can read minds ;D

And FINALLY we're ahead, now fucking defend this bitch like mad and take this win PLEASE
    Kinda want RvP to get a hat trick to rub it in more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

Clatenburg will get punished for this, or he should be. You can say that it was a hard position to see the offside but i doubt that that will ease the pressure on him.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an interesting thought.

Chelsea now have three key suspensions and an injury ahead of Wednesday's League Cup match against United.

United have nearly a full squad to pick from.

15+ Year Old Account

It was an amazing stop, I was on the edge of my chair. And the Torres 2nd yellow is indeed debatable, if I'm honest.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 06:41 PM ----------

Here's an interesting thought.

Chelsea now have three key suspensions and an injury ahead of Wednesday's League Cup match against United.

United have nearly a full squad to pick from.
    Didn't think of that, that's true. I was more thinking "Chelsea will get revenge in the League Cup", but with Torres, Ivanovic and Terry out... They still have Mata, Hazard, Ramirez etc though, all of them very capable of making stunning goals.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-28 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Clatenburg will get punished for this, or he should be. You can say that it was a hard position to see the offside but i doubt that that will ease the pressure on him.
    Clattenburg can't be held accountable for the third goal, that's the linesmen.

With Torres he's got himself in a hard situation, either he books Evans and gives a free kick in a crucial position, or he thinks Torres is playing for it and books him for simulated diving.

Edit: What doesn't help is Torres takes two more steps then does a hop skip and a dive.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-10-28 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clattenburg can't be held accountable for the third goal, that's the linesmen.

With Torres he's got himself in a hard situation, either he books Evans and gives a free kick in a crucial position, or he thinks Torres is playing for it and books him for simulated diving.
    The question is whats the right call on that one it looked like a bit of both

If that woulda been another sending off O my
    Last edited by laffling; 2012-10-28 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of diving, anyone see Phil Neville's post match interview where he admitted he was stupid after being booked in the Liverpool derby for diving?

Refreshing bit of honesty.

15+ Year Old Account
    This has been one crazy match, now yellow for Valencia diving. I don't think I want to be the ref and linesman right now lol.

edit: Damn Valencia normally you finish those chances with style...

red cards and offside goals, makes for interesting viewing I suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Valencia was going to get booked for diving, or Mikel would be off for a second card there.

That was a terrible match to try and officiate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep the diving made it alot harder for the refs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    The question is whats the right call on that one it looked like a bit of both

If that woulda been another sending off O my
    The right call would be to award Chelsea a free kick and Evens gets yellow cause he wasn't the last man at the back. Doesn't matter that Torres drops after a few more steps, if the advantage is gone the play has to stop.

As for the third goal, well he was right there, he could have called it if he saw it, its up to the ones reviewing the game to decide that.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    We robbed Chelsea and we couldn't give a shit!!

Mad game that, I admit that we had the luck of the decisions but they have had their fair few in this fixture over the years, massive 3 points I couldn't be happier. Best moment aside from the goals? the United fans singing ''you should have signed for a big club'' to Hazard as he was substituted. Class!
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-10-28 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    The right call would be to award Chelsea a free kick and Evens gets yellow cause he wasn't the last man at the back. Doesn't matter that Torres drops after a few more steps, if the advantage is gone the play has to stop.
    I completely agree with you, the problem is you're watching with replays, angles and slow motion.

And until football takes on that technology, we're leaving it up to human error with no second looks at a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree with you, the problem is you're watching with replays, angles and slow motion.

And until football takes on that technology, we're leaving it up to human error with no second looks at a situation.
    True, but that still doesn't make the responsibility or the blame any less. I feel that refs have to rely on guesses more then actual seeing stuff, like the Chelsea goal vs Totnem in the FA Cup last season. Whether they punish them for that or not i rely couldn't tell.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

What makes those calls tough is that any sort of contact when running at full speed can cause you to fall rather easily. This is what happened with the Torres call.

I see all sort of conspiracies popping up on various forums right now but really all it is is a bad call. The offside call is worse in my opinion. I thought it was pretty clear offside but I'm not sure how the assistant ref missed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's the argument that Torres shouldn't even have been on the pitch, how he only got booked for a throat high boot on Cleverley is beyond me.

I think its very inconsistent the two sending offs personally. Ivanovich didnt even make a challenge but got sent off, Evans made a challenge, made slight contact, Torres got booked. Ashley Young imo has gone down, he hasnt been taken out. If the ref had booked Evans then fine, its consistent, but they were very similar circumstances but have both gone to Man U.

I feel it was harsh on Chelsea who did really well to get back into the game, and it woulda been such a better game if it'd stayed 11 v 11. Was nice to see two very talented squads really going for each other.

First away win of the season today, granted against Clyde, but 3 points are 3 points!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.