I guess if I were a Man Utd fan I might be embarrased enough to find reasons why those were good decisions or how those decisions somehow made up for what might have happened earlier in the match, or that they didnt make a difference to the result, but as an objective spectator (Man Utd win was best result for my team) I cant sympathise at all.

Torres sending off was harsh to say the least. If I was running full pace and a defender came at me studs up at shin high I would make an effort to avoid that contact which might involve me falling down. It wasnt enough for a red card on Evans in my opinion, but we've seen those given. When you saw the ref go for his pocket I dont think even Man Utd fans were thinking at that point it was for Torres, terrible decision and I dont see it defended by any neutrals or the press.

Noone here mentioning the 3rd goal either ? Hernandez was the forward most player when the ball was played in. Even the Goalkeeper was in front which might have made the decision harder. That was a shocker me and the 4 people I was watching with simultaneously said offside as it was played in, even Hernandez looked surprised as he looked over to the linesman and didnt see a flag (Forwards like goalkeepers whos first glance is to the linesman always makes me feel like they "know" the truth) .

Whoever mentioned consistency is right not just from the single official but accross the board of professional refferees, standards are something all professionals are held accountable to from Doctors and Nurses and Cooks and Train Drivers. Suarez goal disallowed and Hernandez goal allowed is polar opposites in professional standards.

Though I'll not burn the officials completely who are having to opperate in an area where there are cheats (mainly thinking diving here), and getting someone sent off will soon be greeted with similar celebrations as a goal or penalty appeal. Hell I even saw some young everton fan in the crowd at the game on Sunday that had his own red card to wave at the refferee every time someone fell over was tackled or kicked the ball away before a free kick.

Good result for the division bad result for football (again).

As for the raciial abuse I would find that quite the most stupid thing a refferee could do especially in the current climate, I find it hard to believe it happened I cannot even believe the Chelsea players would have carried on playing if this was going on. Similarly I hope that Chelsea are not playing the race card as their ace in the hole that behavior cheapens what is a serious problem and racism shouldnt be used as a pawn when someone is pissed off. Thing is the FA is terrified (oh I did a pun!) of the reprocussions of not dealing with these claims, I wonder what will happen here.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2012-10-29 at 09:42 PM.

Noone here mentioning the 3rd goal either ?
    I think we all just decided it was an offside that was missed.

United playing Arsenal next weekend.

Should be fun watching RVP going against his former employers and Piers Morgan committing social suicide through his twitter account (^_^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I think we all just decided it was an offside that was missed.
    Was watching the post match punditry, the linesman's view of Hernandez being offside as the ball is played is blocked by Cech, when he touches the ball he's onside.

Again, technology. It's really needed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off topic, but I think I just found the best video about one of the greatest in this sport... Check it out please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zidane, one of the best footballers ever.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-t...e-seasons.html
    ^pretty interesting site, club spending the last 5 years.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

Also this is another one of the things where Rugby is so ahead of Football again, being able to hear everything the ref says is really awesome and the ref radios are well worth the £5 or whatever it is they cost these days.
    Not just rugby either, I know they had them at the Olympics (made my life easier figuring out what was going on during the athletics) and they're common place at other events as well, the technology is cheap & it makes the game both accountable & personal for fans, let them hear what the ref has to say to players, much more in depth feel to the game.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    http://transferleague.co.uk/league-t...e-seasons.html
    ^pretty interesting site, club spending the last 5 years.
    Hah, Tottenham have spent nearly a shit ton, but our net is really low due to some great deals that have gone for us (Carrick, Berbatov, Modric all sold at huge profits.)

I have been waiting for this day for what feels like an eternity. Derby day is here! Sunderland V Boro in the League Cup. okay, its not the el classico, or the Bueres-Aires derby! but it still means a lot to all of us involved! After going so close to upsetting the odds last year when we drew them in the FA Cup i honestly think we can go one better tonight, we are the team in form and we are full of confidence, and with us being the under dog no one expects us to progress but anything can happen in Football, especially in the Cups.

Ill be there tonight along with 3,000 other Teessiders. Come on Boro!

El Classico isn't a derby - and to be honest, Sunderland v Boro doesn't really hold much draw outside the North East, especially when you consider the other derbies in English football! (rich coming from me who's had two "derbies" in recent weeks and neither one of them's the one we want!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually forgotten about Boro in recent years, sorry!

North east Derby for me is Sunderland/Newcastle.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

That's what I see it as well to be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO 3-0 inside 20 mins. this gonna be a long night for those Arsenal 11 out there. Didn't notice that Djorou is captain, oh dear i guess he wants to get sacked
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy Jeebus 4-1 for Reading at half time, why am I not watching this match!

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 10:40 PM ----------

holy moly this match has been fantastic, Arsenal come back from a 4-0 to 4-4 in the last frigging seconds. Amazing match, now another 30 minutes!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wat is happening O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    wat is happening O_o
    IDD, i stopped watching at 4-0, and then this happens.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    IDD, i stopped watching at 4-0, and then this happens.
    I came home to 4-1 wasn't really tempted to tune in but then next time I checked it was 4-4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    ok this game O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    what the... i don't even... first Arsenal go ahead 4-5 after being behind 4-0, now Reading equalize to make it 5-5... this is one of the best matches I've seen in ages!