Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    No sane manager will want the Chelsea job. But then again, you'll get a fat paycheck for about 8 months work. Maybe not so bad then.
    honestly, I don't see chelsea being a negative thing on a managers career, it gives quite alot of cash for a short amount of work and you've also worked for Chelsea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Di Mateo must have been smiling after he got the axe. All that money + he won the CL in less then 5 months.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Abramovich is just as stupid as he spends his money.

I see every1 here just talk about epl <.<

new on this part of the forums, fan of man city!! (since I'm argentinian and they have few top argentinians there!)

about chelsea, well I hope rafa help torres somehow.. but well he's doing bad at chelsea, he isn't good for a 4-5-1
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Torres is done. But he does live a charmed life.

I don't think torres is done, but he just doesn't fit in chelsea, never did
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

new on this part of the forums, fan of man city!! (since I'm argentinian and they have few top argentinians there!)

about chelsea, well I hope rafa help torres somehow.. but well he's doing bad at chelsea, he isn't good for a 4-5-1
    well, last season we had a premier league thread, but we don't mind other leagues being spoken about like scottish third division (looking at you Koodle!)
    so this season the thread is open for more leagues but mainly focused on the PL since its the one where my favorite team is :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

A wild Man City fan appears!

Aye we do pretty much only talk about the EPL, probably because some of us are english (or half english in my case) and well, the EPL is the best league in ze world!

Don't talk crap d3v - SFL Division 3 is so fucking awesome they have to cancel games because they sell so many tickets

There's the odd bit about other leagues but it is mostly EPL because they're the big media whores which mean about half the fans of English clubs are from outside England these days! But when it comes down to it if something happens in the world of football that's fun/unique/brilliant it'll likely wind up here.

SPEAKING OF FUN

Poor wee Japanese journalist this weekend gets sent from Japan to cover Elgin v Rangers, apparently we're a big story in Japan at the minute because of the whole third division thing (Shunsuke Nakamura got them started on Scottish football), so this guy flies over here, gets on a train from Glasgow to Elgin (which for those who don't know is away up north of Scotland, I'd probably consider it highlands) and is halfway up there when he gets a phone call to say the game's been called off! Now I figure ESPN would probably have been a little pissed, but imagine how annoyed you'd be if you've flown from JAPAN to cover the game, poor son of a bitch all that way, half way to remotest Scotland and told it's all for nothing!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Another thing is that a lot of the time, games clash, so you can't really follow several leagues at the same time, not close enough to have an indepth oppinion about it at least. Unless you watch replays etc.

How many leagues do you guys follow(as in watching full games on the telly/computer) on a (semi)regular basis?

Being a Swede I follow the national league here, it comes natural having gone to the games since I was litterally a toddler, the quality is poor(the atmosphere can be great though, funny since we never really cheer a lot for the national team lol, but when it comes to local clubs people can be nuts), but that doesn't really matter, too much tradition to leave it be, there have been some glorious moments to though, esp in the 90s when IFK actually was a great team, Beating United, Milan, Barcelona etc, seeing legends like Romario, Stoichkov, Haghi, Koman, etc etc on home turf was spectacular. EPL, it's much the same there, it has been broadcasted here as tipsextra since like the 70s, most people who are into football my age, got a favorite team in EPL, for me Spurs have been the faves since around 1994.

The Spanish league and Italian league, oh and Bundesliga are available at pubs and through tv for those who want it, the French, Dutch and Brazilian league is available through the basic cable package for everyone I think.

Btw, this always cracks me up, AIK(Stockholm) supporters tried to jinx "my" team.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-11-27 at 01:20 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Another thing is that a lot of the time, games clash, so you can't really follow several leagues at the same time, not close enough to have an indepth oppinion about it at least. Unless you watch replays etc.

How many leagues do you guys follow(as in watching full games on the telly/computer) on a (semi)regular basis?

Being a Swede I follow the national league here, it comes natural having gone to the games since I was litterally a toddler, the quality is poor(the atmosphere can be great though, funny since we never really cheer a lot for the national team lol, but when it comes to local clubs people can be nuts), but that doesn't really matter, too much tradition to leave it be, there have been some glorious moments to though, esp in the 90s when IFK actually was a great team, Beating United, Milan, Barcelona etc, seeing legends like Romario, Stoichkov, Haghi, Koman, etc etc on home turf was spectacular. EPL, it's much the same there, it has been broadcasted here as tipsextra since like the 70s, most people who are into football my age, got a favorite team in EPL, for me Spurs have been the faves since around 1994.

The Spanish league and Italian league, oh and Bundesliga are available at pubs and through tv for those who want it, the French, Dutch and Brazilian league is available through the basic cable package for everyone I think.
    You actually follow allsvenskan? :P man wish I could care about it! but I don't, living close to no team at all hasn't really given me much to be happy about (från östersund och då kan man inte hålla på sundsvall heller), but when it comes to leagues that I personally follow its EPL > Serie A > Bundesliga > La Liga > Ligue 1 > rest :P

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    You actually follow allsvenskan? :P
    Religiously! haha
    Nah, but I do follow it closely, it's in my blood, got my first IFK Gothenburg jersey when I was like 1 years old! A friend to my parents gave it to me. They got a photo of me in it on their fridge :P

I don't go to the stadium as often as I used to though, not enough time/different priorities, but it's still a good time whenever I do, when I was younger I went to every home game, was free of charge since I played football at the time as well(besides AIK, wasn't allowed to go to those, too "risky"). My parents took me to all the CL games as well during the "glory days". This season was misserable though!

My "loyalties": IFK-> any other team.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Religiously! haha
    Nah, but I do follow it closely, it's in my blood, got my first IFK Gothenburg jersey when I was like 1 years old! A friend to my parents gave it to me. They got a photo of me in it on their fridge :P

I don't go to the stadium as often as I used to though, not enough time/different priorities, but it's still a good time whenever I do, when I was younger I went to every home game, was free of charge since I played football at the time as well(besides AIK, wasn't allowed to go to those, too "risky"). My parents took me to all the CL games as well during the "glory days". This season was misserable though!

My "loyalties": IFK-> any other team.
    My team in sweden would be my home team BSK (bräcke Sportklubb) but in the highest it would be Djurgården, not sure why but I think its cause of my cousin being AIK fan that I took their rivals or something :P

but arsenal I hold way higher then DIF

10+ Year Old Account
    While the talk tends to get centralised around the EPL, ECL, please do not hesistate to discuss or bring up points from other leagues.

For me at least, while I can't engage in discussion about some of them, it's nice to get a view on the bigger happenings around the world. It also helps locate your go-to guys when you sign someone from a league you never watch and you have to ask "Is he any good?"

Unlike Ashley Young, who hasn't been good in ages. The day he crosses past the first man I will choke on my pint in shock.

Thoughts from the weekend, yeah we won, woohoo, was sodding awful though. 3-1 does not reflect the game, and I'm dreading the City fixture this year. United should and must do better than this.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    My team in sweden would be my home team BSK (bräcke Sportklubb) but in the highest it would be Djurgården, not sure why but I think its cause of my cousin being AIK fan that I took their rivals or something :P

but arsenal I hold way higher then DIF
    lol, apa!
    I kid!!

You got great skiiers from Östersund at least dude!
    Beautiful city as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea we have been terrible so far, we are lucky to be top with the way we keep letting in goals and yea Ashley will never be able to cross a ball in unless Nani can suddenly play better than him

15+ Year Old Account
    I follow the Belgian League, one could say I even slightly support a club here (a friends club, because I only moved here when I was 14 and at that time I'd lost interest in football (other than the Euro and World Cup where I mostly supported England), so I didn't support a team from here when I was a child and have no ties to any team really), but the difference in quality of football here compared to other leagues is quite big, to be honest. I hate Anderlecht (don't ask me why, same reason I hate Chelsea I guess :P), and I "support" Lokeren. I never bring it up here as there really isn't much to talk about, and I'm sure none of you would be interested in the Belgian League anyway.

Aston Villa - Reading tonight, as a former resident of Reading I'm slightly hoping they win, I'd like to see them stay in the EPL after this season, so a win tonight is crucial, like any win would be.

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Yea we have been terrible so far, we are lucky to be top with the way we keep letting in goals and yea Ashley will never be able to cross a ball in unless Nani can suddenly play better than him
    We want more Anderson! He needs to start more to be honest! I'm glad Fletcher is back too. Now we just need to sort out the defense problems, and maybe have the team "wake up" before conceding a goal. United have shown they have the talent and skill to score goals, but lately they only seem to put it into play if they've conceded a goal and are behind.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-11-27 at 06:25 PM.

I just talk about the EPL here since that is what everyone else follows here. But I mainly follow La Liga BBVA (spanish league). My folks are from Sevilla so I support them and then I also follow Barcelona (have several cousins and an uncle from there). I enjoy watching some of the EPL teams as well, especially those that have players that I like such as David Silva of Man City.

10+ Year Old Account
    The closest club to me growing up was Ipswich/Norwich and both were 1 hour 30 mins away , I started supporting United because all of my family supports Liverpool and I liked to be the odd one out so starting watching United when I was able and growing to hate Liverpool along the way.

d3v can Anderson even play on the wings?? our central midfield is packed

10+ Year Old Account
    Anderson has the capability to push out wide, but generally tends to have Valencia sit on his wing edge.

Problem is that you already have Rafael and Evra pushing up that it becomes clustered on the sides, so he tends to cut in.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.