punishment handed out for the Elgin game was pretty harsh in my mind, £25,000 fine (£5,000 of which will go to a charity of Rangers' choice) PLUS they have to pay our expenses for the trip (which could be costly given we travel very well especially when compared with our third division rivals) - problem is these expenses have to be verified & agreed by the SFL. Now had this not been the case I'd have said Rangers would say "oh our expenses were 20p" or at the very most said the expenses would be the statutory mileage amount HMRC allows (which I think is somewhere round the 40-50p mark per mile) - but the fact it has to be league verified means we have to use our actual expenses. I think it's a bit unfair for a 3rd division club to be fined that much along with expenses as it could, realistically hit £35k or more, that's unreasonable for a club that size in my book - problem is our "goon" elements of the support think it's justifiable as "their lives were at risk because they oversold the game", idiots, no one was going to die ffs!

Another oddity over it is the rearranged date is 22nd December, now winter in the Highlands is pretty brutal, cold & a severe risk of snow, even on the coast where Elgin is, I can see that match being postponed due to a frozen pitch or snow - only two grounds in D3 have undersoil heating, only one club can realistically afford to use it! (Queens Park for those who don't know, play at Hampden - Scotland's national stadium) Plus it's Christmas, clubs around that time traditionally play a ton of games, would have been much better & more prudent to arrange it in the new year when there's not as many games & less chance of it being postponed due to weather!!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting tired of these early goals scored in United games..

Oh wait.

(Still don't see us getting a clean sheet here though)
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is Ramsey dating Wengers niece? How is he still getting chances in the first team? I want to apply as Arsenal transfer consultant (or in charge of making some transfers), and i would have 1 busy January. Gonna sell some of the terrible players we have like Santos, Ramsey, Djorou, Chamack, and try to get Baines, Dzeko, Wamayana and a proper DM that won't get injured if a feather landed on him.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-11-28 at 08:44 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Baines won't leave Everton. He's got as good a chance there as he'd have at Arsenal at securing CL football next season, also I don't see Moyes selling him. Arsenal certainly need to think big, but they need to focus on players that are more unsettled.

I think I've found a spot of criticism for United, and it's in their attack not their defence. The pace in the final third slows down where it should speed up, fast play and pouncing on half chances is replaced by a more methodical smooth play, it's controlled but it's too slow. There's too much trying to pass it into the back of the net, or flick it on and find open space, which is hard when teams throw everyone back and crowd the area.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, United and City pulling ahead of the rest of the pack, United with a 7 point lead to third place Chelsea... but only 1 point ahead of City. Can't wait for United vs City, although after last year, and seeing how City have yet to lose a game, I have my doubts...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think United are ready for City this year, I really honestly don't.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Wow is Ramsey dating Wengers niece? How is he still getting chances in the first team? I want to apply as Arsenal transfer consultant (or in charge of making some transfers), and i would have 1 busy January. Gonna sell some of the terrible players we have like Santos, Ramsey, Djorou, Chamack, and try to get Baines, Dzeko, Wamayana and a proper DM that won't get injured if a feather landed on him.
    not really sure how Djourou is getting so much shit from every arsenal fan out there, he is probably the best fourth choice defender for the middle we could possibly have.

and the headhunting for ramsey seems equally retarded, he's not worse then anyone else(the last few games not overall) tbh but only he keeps getting the shit for it.

like I was reading a swedish arsenal forum and after 5 mins of the game when he had assisted to the first goal they still wanted to hang him basically.
    Last edited by Larath; 2012-11-28 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gareth Bale's own goal has to be the funniest thing I've seen in some time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    atleast thats something to be happy about like me beating fengore on predicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    atleast thats something to be happy about like me beating fengore on predicting.
    I've been sodding awful these last few weeks, this weekend was absolutely terrible for me actually. My FF team is getting better but my predictions are getting worse.

Actually, looking at the fantasy football, Michu's listed as a midfielder but Swansea are now playing him as a striker.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I've been sodding awful these last few weeks, this weekend was absolutely terrible for me actually. My FF team is getting better but my predictions are getting worse.

Actually, looking at the fantasy football, Michu's listed as a midfielder but Swansea are now playing him as a striker.

I had a decent enough week but seeing as arsenal didn't play all that well I just dampen the sadness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a decent enough week but seeing as arsenal didn't play all that well I just dampen the sadness.
    Just watch Gareth Bale's own goal several hundred times. It never stops being funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think United are ready for City this year, I really honestly don't.
    Sadly enough, neither do I :/ It's going to take a miracle to win the 2 encounters against them, and will be even more a miracle to stay top of the league.

And indeed, I laughed hard watching that own goal on TV, and now a gif to add to the amusement ^^

that OG is so funny it's wrong - you watch it and you almost hear the Looney Tunes anvil falling on the Coyote's head just as he's about to catch Roadrunner!!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted

He has played there a few times, we are struggling with forwards at the moment. Graham is out some say he has hit the bottle others that he has some weird virus. More is a quality Forward but isn't going to bag goals.

As for Michu tho, he is fucking class. £2 million we paid for him. Mental. If you see the highlights watch his pass in the buildup to our 2nd goal. Outside of the left foot and 1 touch. Don't think play like that counts to anything in fantasy football leagues.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 04:35 AM ----------

To change the subject slightly this weekend its MK DONS (the club that was Wimbeldon FC) v AFC Wimbeldon (the team that was formed after all the fiasco of the MK Dons formation) in the 2nd round of the FA cup. AFC Wimbeldon's rise has been quite remarkable considering that they are now a Football Leagur outfit. It's a shame that this isn't a league fixture as this was always the most likely chance and only chance many would have expected when the fiasco occured.

IMO no football fan should have to endure their club being taken away like those Wimbeldon fans, even if many believe them to be knobheads. A team can go through the mire like those of Boston United where they get relegated to the eastern division south league f sponsored by some dodgy bookies, but the fans still have their club even if it's shit.

Many AGC Wimbeldon fans are considering boycotting the tie, and was some talk about Wimbeldon forefitting the game. The bitterness still exsists and is justified. One of the AFC Directirs has apparently asked that MK Dons dropp Dons from their name.
    Last edited by mmoca8e862da62; 2012-11-29 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    Don't think play like that counts to anything in fantasy football leagues.
    He's counted as a midfielder so he gets more points per goal scored than a striker would.

Even though he's playing up front in a striker position.

Was glad to see us beat Liverpool, always a team Im never sure if we will beat or not (although I think our record isnt bad against them, certainly a lot better than our record against a few teams) and its great to see Bale is really in form, an assist and two goals! He is great with his head.

My FF team looks really wierd to me, but somehow its working, I still need to change a few people and Im thinking maybe I shouldnt have sold Felliani.

Also Spurs above Arsenal and closing in on West Brom! Wait what, that cant be right...

10+ Year Old Account
    not really sure how Djourou is getting so much shit from every arsenal fan out there, he is probably the best fourth choice defender for the middle we could possibly have.

and the headhunting for ramsey seems equally retarded, he's not worse then anyone else(the last few games not overall) tbh but only he keeps getting the shit for it.

like I was reading a swedish arsenal forum and after 5 mins of the game when he had assisted to the first goal they still wanted to hang him basically.
    Heh i knew you would come to their deffense. I'll tell you my arguments if you can't already see them.
    First of all if his 2012 salary is corret (2.6 mil pounds) he earns 50000 p/w for siting on the bench, i would much rather have a sub 19 player for 4th choice deffender, one that will have a much lower salary and can posibly be developed into a quality deffender for the future.

As for Ramsey speaking just for last night (althou this goes for most of his games) aside from the assist he gave away possession almost every time he got the ball. Whether they took it from him or with wrong passes, clumsy touches heck even teribble shots at goal. The way Wenger sometimes plays him is even more scary, he is deployed on the wing yet he has no cross, almost 0 dribling skills and no pace or quickness. I assume that he isn't creative enough to be in our centre midfield so he has to send him on the wing. Put Ox or Gnabry in for god sakes.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Heh i knew you would come to their deffense. I'll tell you my arguments if you can't already see them.
    First of all if his 2012 salary is corret (2.6 mil pounds) he earns 50000 p/w for siting on the bench, i would much rather have a sub 19 player for 4th choice deffender, one that will have a much lower salary and can posibly be developed into a quality deffender for the future.

As for Ramsey speaking just for last night (althou this goes for most of his games) aside from the assist he gave away possession almost every time he got the ball. Whether they took it from him or with wrong passes, clumsy touches heck even teribble shots at goal. The way Wenger sometimes plays him is even more scary, he is deployed on the wing yet he has no cross, almost 0 dribling skills and no pace or quickness. I assume that he isn't creative enough to be in our centre midfield so he has to send him on the wing. Put Ox or Gnabry in for god sakes.
    last games Ox has played has been extremely horrible though like against aston villa for example worst player on the pitch by a landslide yet he didn't get any shit for that at all.

isn't djourous salary a problem with arsenals salary policy rather then him earning to much though, like I can understand why Chamakh has a high salary (free transfer and previous top scorer from Bordeaux) but I think there should be a similar way for clubs to lower players salary when they aren't playing too well like the players have a chance to renegotiate their contracts if they are playing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    My FF team looks really wierd to me, but somehow its working, I still need to change a few people and Im thinking maybe I shouldnt have sold Felliani.
    No you really shouldn't have.

Struggling to shuffle something up with my team. I had a plan but Ruddy being injured for three months has waylayed that.