10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Hence my suggestion if you think he dived just play on and leave it to a review panel. Managers will be fuming with their players if they start getting 1 match bans, clubs will fine wages on players who do, and the practice will die out.
    Unless the dive resulted in a penalty for them and they win the game with it.

From this season in the NBA they started fining flopers, which is same like divers in football. And people still flop, some people even continue to flop after they have been fined.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    anytime you need to look multiple replies and slow mo to see wether he dived or not, I feel for the refs.
    Except no. I don't feel for the ref. He stared straight down the gun barrel at Defoe when he dived and done nothing yet gave Bale a yellow for something much less noticeable. There is something wrong with the quality of referees in England.

Everton did very well first half, but maybe Chelsea are coming back too much, should be a good second half.

Apparently Ba is on his way to Chelsea tonight to talk personal terms, if he agrees to a deal with them he has a £7mil buyout. Thats ridiculously cheap for a goalscorer.

First 30 minutes by Everton was great, pressed Chelsea off the park. Chelsea got back into the game at the end of the half though.

Chech subbed off at halftime, apparently an ankle injury.

How on earth can Chelsea justify letting Frank go? Seriously? I mean wth, in a team that frankly doesnt have a consistent goal scorer he can easily be relied on.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post

Except no. I don't feel for the ref. He stared straight down the gun barrel at Defoe when he dived and done nothing yet gave Bale a yellow for something much less noticeable. There is something wrong with the quality of referees in England.
    The quality of refs in england is probably second highest only beaten by germany, so not really sure what you think is wrong.
    and you linked a slow-mo gif of the challenge and from that said he did it wrong isn't that exactly the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

3-0 within 27minutes, QPR are about to have a really rough afternoon I feel.

The quality of refs in england is probably second highest only beaten by germany, so not really sure what you think is wrong.
    and you linked a slow-mo gif of the challenge and from that said he did it wrong isn't that exactly the point.
    Just really... No. You honestly believe there is nothing wrong with the refereeing in England?

Also the last bit about the tackle on bale to me didn't really fit together as a sentence. So I just won't bother replying to it incase I misinterpret what you meant.

Refereeing in England is as bad as it is everywhere else, I mean not content with Graham Poll there was a ref who declined to send someone off for two yellows in English football this week! Still, could be worse, Scottish referees, jeeeeezus I'd rather have a piranha fish attached to my genitals!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Chelsea will be signing Demba Ba (which I guess most of you already knew), not sure what Newcastle are doing letting him go to be honest... they need all the talent they have right now.

Oh and Sir Alex Ferguson has apparently said he wont be letting Nani go.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Looks like Chelsea will be signing Demba Ba (which I guess most of you already knew), not sure what Newcastle are doing letting him go to be honest... they need all the talent they have right now.

Oh and Sir Alex Ferguson has apparently said he wont be letting Nani go.
    Aren't they paying the buyout clause price? If that's the case then Newcastle has no say in that, it's up to Ba in that instance.

Yeah his buyout is something like £7mil, thats a bargain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    How on earth can Chelsea justify letting Frank go? Seriously? I mean wth, in a team that frankly doesnt have a consistent goal scorer he can easily be relied on.
    I see what you did there.
    But I agree, he's part of the soul of the club, the fans love him, the manager to sell him would be having a public execution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah his buyout is something like £7mil, thats a bargain.
    There may well be a few teams that trigger that then.

Chelsea are crazy to let Lampard and Cole go, especially the latter.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Odds on Frank going to QPR? I bet he'd take a paycut to play under his old man.

I think he'd be more likely to accept a paycut just to escape the drama of Stamford Bridge to be fair, revolving door of management, a new shit storm every month & all of this while essentially being relegated from first team regular to squad player - if I was Lampard I'd want out as well! Even though he's 34 he's still a handy enough footballer to cope with the demands of the premiership, especially if he's got a good engine room around him to do the grunt work.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Just really... No. You honestly believe there is nothing wrong with the refereeing in England?

Also the last bit about the tackle on bale to me didn't really fit together as a sentence. So I just won't bother replying to it incase I misinterpret what you meant.
    no, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the refereeing, I'm just saying its worse elsewhere, spain has the worst refs out of the top 4 leagues by a mile then italy and germany is ahead of england for first place, so they aren't any worse then elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    no, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the refereeing, I'm just saying its worse elsewhere, spain has the worst refs out of the top 4 leagues by a mile then italy and germany is ahead of england for first place, so they aren't any worse then elsewhere.
    Hmm. I watch a lot of Spanish football and don't see as many blatant errors as English football, though this could be down to the fact that they don't make as much of a deal of it.
    The only bit of stupid refereeing seen week in week out is the national rule that EVERY handball is a yellow card. That's just a generally stupid rule, though that's not a ref's interpretation, that's just a straight up, brick wall of a rule.

Deleted
    Hello. I'm watching the Manutd-Wigan match and noticed that the spectators are buuhing on Ashley Young. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Young has a bit of a bad stick for diving across the Premier League, a lot of fans like to rile on the likes of him and Gareth Bale.

He's improved his conduct somewhat recently, but fans don't forget so easily.

Must say, Ivan Gazidis is my favourite person this season.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.