Deleted
    Just got back from Swansea v Villa, OMFG, we drew 2-2. How it is beyond me. We were loosing in the 85th min, from a contraversial pen. It came from a goaline clearance and no clue how it was given and why a foul wasn't given against the villa player who went down. The free kick that was awarded was infact a foul by their player on ours. For anyone who thinks the standard of officials in the EPL is good, take a look at the clowns we had today.

There were countles late tackles all let go a pen that wasn't a pen, a handball that was inside the area and given as a free kick. As bad as the officials were and as bad as Villa may have been. At least their players had a bit of battle in them. Nothing wrong with it if you can get away with it, shame that we always get officials that are not consistent in their interpritation of the rules. Something that pisses me off no end.

Enough of whinning about other parties, how this game was not 8,9 or even 10 nill is a mystery, and we almost lost it. I think by 15min gone we had Scored a 1 on 1, missed another 1v1 and these were the 1v1 where you are pretty much alone from the half way line. We hit the inside of the post 2 times, 2 open goals, and god knows how many other chances. It looked like a potential blood bath. Up untill the 42nd min we completely bossed it and tore villa apart being as wastefull as it gets. Then came a huge sucker punch. Ball over top, and Wiseman or whatever his name is with a great finish.

2nd half was a little bit more even but still think we dominated. Officials have got to do more to apply the law and protect teams that do not apply dirty tactics. Although I have to be honest there is nothing wrong with a bit of fight. I just can't understand how a certain tackle is a foul and a similar tacle is let go because there were 1 or 2 worse tacles in the build up, or more physical tackles the.

Simply, I am pissed, pissed with my team, pissed with the ref, and pissed with the result. Oh and for you Michu fantasy fanboys he was fucking shit today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michu was 50/50 to play this game, dunno why Swansea decided to rush him back, he certainly didn't benefit.

Routledge had a good game though, but seriously? Swansea should have been 5-0 up at the end of the first half.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to MOTD tonight, I didn't get to see the United match but 4-0 win with 2 goals from RvP, looking forward to seeing how good they were ^^

Also wanna see the Swansea highlights to see what you mean in the first part of your post MyrddinGwyllt.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:40 PM ----------

Just saw the foul that got Villa the penalty, personally it looked like a penalty to me, don't know the Swansea players name but he tripped him up and didn't touch the ball at all from what I saw from the various angles.

Swansea should have had that penalty where the Villa player handballed on the line of the box... terrible ref decision there.

Michu hitting the post twice... painful. Swansea should have had that match in the bag given the amount of chances they had in the first 15 minutes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:50 PM ----------

Gotta love RvP ^^ Always delivers nice goals (his first one at least this match)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Looking forward to MOTD tonight, I didn't get to see the United match but 4-0 win with 2 goals from RvP, looking forward to seeing how good they were ^^

Also wanna see the Swansea highlights to see what you mean in the first part of your post MyrddinGwyllt.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:40 PM ----------

Just saw the foul that got Villa the penalty, personally it looked like a penalty to me, don't know the Swansea players name but he tripped him up and didn't touch the ball at all from what I saw from the various angles.

Swansea should have had that penalty where the Villa player handballed on the line of the box... terrible ref decision there.

Michu hitting the post twice... painful. Swansea should have had that match in the bag given the amount of chances they had in the first 15 minutes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 11:50 PM ----------

Gotta love RvP ^^ Always delivers nice goals (his first one at least this match)
    Saw it on MOTD but think it was a bit harsh no need to go into that tackle, but what made me lol is that they let them decisions go all game. I loved the way it showed villa showing a bit more fight, and they show the guy lunging in after the ball had gone from behind. There was no highlights of many of our chances, and questionable decisions, but then its not a "big" team so why would they waste 5 min on us.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Michu was 50/50 to play this game, dunno why Swansea decided to rush him back, he certainly didn't benefit.

Routledge had a good game though, but seriously? Swansea should have been 5-0 up at the end of the first half.
    He wasn't 50/50, he tweeted a few nights ago that he was "ready to answer the call". We should have been out of sight at 20 min let alone 45.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the last two games I'm almost happy Simpson is injured; he lost us a point maybe even three against Man U and then he was god awful against Arsenal too. Debuchy can't come soon enough, hopefully he actually comes this time too. Hopefully with a RB who can actually defend and a new CB we'll start climbing back up the table. I would love to see Remy come over to Newcastle even if it means paying £10 million plus either Obertan or Marveaux.

I'll be glad to see the back of Ba, all he's done this month is unnerve Pardew and the rest of the team. The way he acts every transfer window is just a pain and he still refuses to play on the left even when we're losing almost every match. Cashley better bring his cheque book to this window or we'll be fighting a relegation battle instead of sniffing at the heels of European competition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    After the last two games I'm almost happy Simpson is injured; he lost us a point maybe even three against Man U and then he was god awful against Arsenal too. Debuchy can't come soon enough, hopefully he actually comes this time too. Hopefully with a RB who can actually defend and a new CB we'll start climbing back up the table. I would love to see Remy come over to Newcastle even if it means paying £10 million plus either Obertan or Marveaux.

I'll be glad to see the back of Ba, all he's done this month is unnerve Pardew and the rest of the team. The way he acts every transfer window is just a pain and he still refuses to play on the left even when we're losing almost every match. Cashley better bring his cheque book to this window or we'll be fighting a relegation battle instead of sniffing at the heels of European competition.
    I don't know what to say about Newcastle, simple as its like an enigma. Souness and Ashley fucked up something there no end one after the other, not sure if Pardew is the man did well last year. 8 year contract wtf. There has been a rumour that you wanted Ashley "the killer" Williams, but I honestly can't see this happening, not sure he would want to go to Newcastle, and don't think you would cough up the cash to get him.

With Ba if you get the fee, does he get £2m of it? How the fuck does that work?

Ashley is an idiot, might be a rich guy but he's an idiot & as a result, 8 year contract - mind you, anyone working for him for 8 years needs their head examined!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Spurs sitting real pretty currently, although looks a bit similar to last season, quite close to Man City. I think we've got a better squad this season though so hopefully we wont do the traditional "choke".

Lennon has really put in a couple of great peformances last few games too, its nice to see him showing what he can do, its also great as teams literally cant man-mark Bale out the game because our right-winger can be just as scary!

10+ Year Old Account
    Liverpool make the first move, they signed Sturridge from Chelsea for undisclosed fee, believed to be around 12 mil pounds.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    NUFC have given Demba Ba permission to speak to Chelsea. As a result he won't be included in tonight's squad. From the official NUFC twitter. Hopefully Cisse actually steps up tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Liverpool make the first move, they signed Sturridge from Chelsea for undisclosed fee, believed to be around 12 mil pounds.
    Way, way, way, way too much for him. Another signing that fits the Brendan checkbox, has he played for me before, Yes, o my god me need.

Today's been the first day I've actually "missed" being in the SPL, the first match in January is traditionally an Old Firm game (much as the authorities, both sporting & civil hated it) yet we were off to Annan today rather than playing Celtic - just seemed wrong on so many different levels. It is also the 42nd anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster today as well which kinda draws it into a little more focus, up until now I've largely been non-plussed about it, but I do miss the Old Firm games, the rest of the league I'm not arsed about but the game up he's so much poorer without that showpiece.

Still 3-1 away win today, 17 points clear of second place now (although Queens Park have 2 games in hand & are 21 points behind), things going to plan, now to keep our squad in tact and finish the league off by Easter.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Chelsea - QPR, awful game so far. Mata given some rest today but it really shows in the Chelsea side, they look lost without him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what a goal by Baines.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 10:21 PM ----------

holy shit what a goal by Wright-Phillips... QPR ahead!

Deleted
    deserved win tonight for qpr i reckon, chelsea were poor. hilarious that it would be SWP who gets the winner. i thought our short stint in the premier peaked last year beating them at the loft but this is so much sweeter, so proud of the boys taraabt was amazing COME ON YOU R'S!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    And Chelsea are buying Ba for 7 million, once again Liverpool are paying over the odds...

Not sure if it was a deserved win by QPR but one shot all game and one goal. Still though, Chelsea were dreadful.

Liverpool looking a bit like the team they should be, good refereeing to play the advantage for Suarez's first goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye Liverpool have made a pretty amazing comeback, they started the season terribly but are now 8th, not that bad at all to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else seeing Raheem Sterling's points value for this week a little bit skewed.

I mean I'm not complaining but I doubt he really scored 260 goals this afternoon....