Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    fletcher, one of those united players who'll never really get the credit they deserve and probably won't come back into his prime again since he's not getting younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    isn't he just one of the endless german talents that are still good but just didn't take that last step in developement like pretty much all germans :P
    hehe, well I don't know man! If he comes over to spurs I hope he does take that last step! ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd strongly disagree, any United fan that has watched the last 5-6 years knows just how much Fletcher brings to the side, he's taken the shoes left by Roy Keane and filled them in brilliantly.

While the 07-08 season was dominated by Ronaldo's genius, just about every fan knows it was Fletcher whose workhorse rate and determination took United to that final, and it was an absolute sham that he couldn't play in it, after being booked for a perfect tackle that suspended him, because yellow cards can't be rescinded. Fletcher is in my opinion the best talent to come from United's youth squad since Ferguson's Kids.

Edit: As for his prime, he turns 29 next month... how old's Van Persie? Scholes' best years were probably in the last decade, the 98/99 season turned a corner for him and he hit 28 in 2003. I believe Fletcher has years to give at his best, hoping this surgery fixes everything.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:24 PM ----------

Oh and Arsenal fans rejoice, Walcott has signed a new contract. 3 1/2 years, 100k a week.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2013-01-18 at 04:13 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Fletcher is one of my favourite players because of his work rate, the only person who I thought worked harder when he played was Park Ji-Sung. I just hope he can get back to his old self after this

Edit: Another one bites the dust Saints manager Nigel Adkins sacked, Mauricio Pochettino in
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-01-18 at 06:47 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats going on in newcastle though :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Newcastle seems to be on a downward spiral that really is tricky to pinpoint.

Today was also a low point for the Stoke/Norwich defence club.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking it might be cause they didn't get new players in and they kinda played over their ability last season, but then I figured Juventus did the same two years ago and didn't really bring in new players and they won the league really easy in italy last season and the year before that they came like 7th I think, its intressting anyway to see Newcastle doing all this but Sunderland hasn't been very good this season either.

Fletcher used to be really good before his condition worsened. This season I felt that he didnt really get into match fitness and should maybe not have been played in the A squad. I hope him all the best and that he can come back as strong as he was before all his troubles.

Deleted
    I just wanted to bring to the attention of some, one or two have doubted players as role models and people in general. I am extremely proud of my team and although we are now a premier league side and I'm starting to think established premier league side, I believe many of our players are extremely grounded and decent people. Players like Ashley Williams (the defender who almost murdered RVP) worked in a fair ground whilst playing non league football, Michu dipped in to help his home town club Oviedo to prevent them hitting the wall. They are all approachable friendly here but this week one did something exceptional.

Our Catalan right back Angel Rangel on Friday night with his wife decided that they would go and give some food to homeless people, the guy made a request on twitter and then drove around for an hour and a half finally ending up at a homeless shelter. He didn't do it to be commended, but this is not a gesture for money or fame or public recognition.
    We all waste food we all throw away stuff that others can need, yet very rarely do any of us do anything to aid others with it. I certainly don't and here is a player who has made me think I could do something simple and such a gesture could help a awful lot.

So just for those who think all footballers are selfish, Ferrari driving, cry babies who think they can do what they want. They're not all to be tarnished with the same brush.
    Here is a link to a Beeb report on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21098006

On to the football side good win today, our third goal seems an absolute gem of a goal. Also a local guy got his first ever senior goal today a local lad who was highlighted in the Man City game as he was earning £400 a week an Ya Ya Toure £250,000 a week. Footballs gone mad.

I heard about Rangel, while I do think that's awesome, unfortunately it's hard to have much sympathy for professional footballers sometimes when for every story like that we've got a guy wiping his arse with twenties, we've got some no mark Man City player who lets himself go & eventually makes them pay his contract up & a player bitching about privacy while floating around in a hummer earning £100k a week. They're not all "selfish, Ferrari driving cry babies" but lets be brutally honest, most of them in the Premiership & other big leagues are, there's no two ways about that.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    First ref mistake, and we concede a goal....
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    And now a penalty for Chelsea this game might be over.

1-0 win for Rangers away to Peterhead, scrappy but 3 points I guess, mind you, minor miracle the game went ahead given the location & weather of late, apparently Ross County of the SPL provided ground covers after a chance meeting, I figured we'd sent the Ibrox grounds crew up or something as the match was still on!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coquelin has been the only good Arsenal player today. I hope he gets more chances to play in future games.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs/United may not happen today, frozen pitch.

Chelsea are pretty much doing a number on Arsenal though, I'm surprised, I would have thought with all the positives coming from the contracts being signed, Arsenal would kick on from here.

Mata my captain, Walcott in my team, my amazing insight confirmed!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Arsenal to win this after 2 terrible calls from the ref on the first 2 goals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I'm surprised, I would have thought with all the positives coming from the contracts being signed, Arsenal would kick on from here.
    I guess Theo read your comment

How is Ramires not booked yet?
    Last edited by mirodin; 2013-01-20 at 03:03 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Spurs vs United game is gonna happen.

Why is it Spurs vs Man U on my birthday? Couldn't we have someone we thrash 5-0, so nervous going into this one.