Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    is this the point where I can say arsenal lost to the winners if they win it? :P
    Thank you for reminding me that Arsenal lost to Bradford My day is now very happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Have they had any mention of how good he is? At least he probably had one of the best tutors in the world! If he has his dads vision I'm sure he will have learnt the technique.
    No idea, but he's been playing at Galaxy's academy while they lived there.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I want Bradford to win it, just so we can see them in the europa league
    Yeah I think that would be awesome too, but I'd rather they face Swansea than Chelsea (not because Chelsea is better, but because I just prefer Swansea and I think they really deserve a shot in the final). Either way I'll be rooting for Bradford!

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:06 PM ----------

heh just read a rumor that Bayern are thinking about offering 250 million euros for Messi and also want to get Ozil back to Germany... fat chance of either of them happening I guess lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 10:29 PM ----------

I'm so glad Hazard plays for Chelsea, now you've seen the real side of him. What a complete twat.

Half reports say he kicked the ball, the other half says he kicked the boy in the ribs. Either way he shoudn't be kicking in the first place. Sure the ballboy shouldn't be holding on and wasting time but you don't kick a freaking kid...
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-01-23 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    When you see the whole incident, the ball boy goes to pick up the ball, Hazard pushes him to the ground and then he's got his hands on him so he can't move at all, then kicks him / the ball, but it seems like a bit of an aggressive poke at him. Should've definitely been sent off, I would expect quite a long ban for something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    When you see the whole incident, the ball boy goes to pick up the ball, Hazard pushes him to the ground and then he's got his hands on him so he can't move at all, then kicks him / the ball, but it seems like a bit of an aggressive poke at him. Should've definitely been sent off, I would expect quite a long ban for something like that.
    yeah unfortunately the gif only shows a little bit of the incident, will be interesting to see what happens in the next coming days.

Deleted

Funniest moment in football history. I can't stop pissing myself laughing. I almost want him to appear at a press conference tomorrow with a neck brace on stood next to Max Clifford.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were both wrong to do what they did imo. I would have done the same thing has Hazard tbh.
    Last edited by Kabuks; 2013-01-23 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    He was completely right to kick the doughy little shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    He was completely right to kick the doughy little shit.
    Im a bad person maybe but that gif and this comment had me proper laughing. The ball boy needs to lose his job too realistically, you cant interfere with a football game by smothering the ball. Yes Hazard is a dick and deserves a ban/fine too, but kids cant be doing this shit in the middle of a football game, if they attempted that shit in a rugby game they'd have a full grown man attempting to tackle them (if the ball boy touches the ball in rugby you have to form a line-out.)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Thank you for reminding me that Arsenal lost to Bradford My day is now very happy!
    I aim to please, after beating west ham I could give you that happiness :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Right or wrong to hold onto the ball is an argument that could rage on for ages, but looking at it simply, a grown man just kicked a kid in the ribs - that's not right and he'll rightly be banned for a few weeks, let the referee deal with the ballboy there's absolutely no way you can justify that action.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Right or wrong to hold onto the ball is an argument that could rage on for ages, but looking at it simply, a grown man just kicked a kid in the ribs - that's not right and he'll rightly be banned for a few weeks, let the referee deal with the ballboy there's absolutely no way you can justify that action.
    Hazard is 22. The "kid" is 17.

Charlie Morgan™ ‏@CHARLIEM0RGAN
    The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

Straight from the ball boys twitter.

Hazard is a legend should have kicked him harder.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Hazard is 22. The "kid" is 17.

That's fuckin 17?!?!? Yeah, he's not getting served any time soon is he - looks about 12!

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see a replay of the whole incident again tbh, I thought hazard pushed him onto the ground but i can't remember exactly.

Either way come on, you don't kick a ball boy even if he is wasting time. You let the ref deal with it.

oh and yeah, 17? he doesn't look 17 o_O.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-01-24 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Back from the game tonight, a bit of a strange one. We needed to do nothing they needed to score, I think overall tonight we had the better chances and naturally Chelsea needed to do more.

On to the ball boy incident, and this is a mental thing. The kid goes to pick the ball up, does so, he doesn't have time to time waste or what not because Hazard is on him. Now it's not Hazards right to take the ball off him, I do think that in this situation the ball boy should have let him have the ball. Hazard tho goes to take it and remember this is a child not an adult. The kid grabs it and hazard wrestles him to the ground, then Hazard kicks out at the ball boy. No question. It appeared where I was sitting that he also stamped the Kid, but thats him stepping over him.

Now, previously the said ball boy did some showboating with the ball about 15 min before he was getting some grief I think from the away fans. This bigheadedness may have given him the confidence to do this. As it is quite a thing to do. With regards to the time wasting quote, well its a "clever" thing to do. After all it's at our ground, home advantage and what have you. It goes on everywhere, and is nothing new.

They were all at Time wasting but what do you expect, we don't have multiball no more. That is a massive disadvantage to us! Back when we were in League 1 our then Manager had the ball boys trained to get the ball to our players as fast as possible so that we could continue to maintain momentum. I've noticed in the past the Stoke ball boys wiping the ball with a towell before the Delap throw in.

I think we will recieve a fine for this, what hasn't been noticed by any of you is that this is the son of one of the main Directors at the club. I don't think it made any difference and this IMO had little in terms of an affect on the outcome. I don't think the tie would have been changed at all, maybe a bit more nervy. As soon as this happened tho it was game over, but it's his own stupidity.

The two have appologised to each other apparently, now I think the matter should be ended there. Naturally Hazard will be banned, but hopefully it's a nominal one. Danger is of course that this get's blown out of proportion and he gets a lengthy ban.

I think the kid is 13/14ish, no way is he 17.

On a more positive note it's a a trip to Wembley, a place that I have been to a few times with very mixed results. I cannot see how we cannot win, Bradford on that pitch will have to play the game of their lives to beat us. They have done exceptional to get there but in honesty they have ridden their luck, for me the victor of the game tonight has the final to loose.

FYI 10 Years ago to the dat we were 24th in the bottom division with 18 points, that's 7 points less than Rovers have now and we just managed to stay up. What has happened in that time is remarcable, to think what has happened is mindblowing. After the game we spoke about what we would have said 10 years ago, no one could have thought this to happen this is crazy folk talk.

Don't get all romantic about a Premier League team playing a lower league side btw, this is our first final (English) in our history. I'm just chuffed to bits right now.

Even if the kid was wasting time Hazard should have been the bigger man. Kicking towards anyone on the football pitch is not accepted. Tell the linesman or ask for another ball if the ball boy dont want to let go of the one he is holding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-21176049

The boy is 17 and the police won't be pursuing Hazard over the incident, so it's up to the FA to apply a penalty I'd guess. I like the fact that Gareth Bale tweeted that he felt it was ridiculous that Hazard got a red

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:31 PM ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21178501

I agree with Owen too.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...100512955.html

The ball boy deserves it after reading this. The ball boys should be neutral in these games.

This for me shows the problem with Football coverage in this country. We focus on very minor incidents like this and blow them up out of all proportion. Nobody is writing articles looking at how Swansea were able to stop chelsea scoring over two legs. Were focusing on player behaviour instead of looking at a great tactical acheivement by Swansea.

The ball boy was such a muppet! Limping off like one of the players, get some magic spray on that lad!

I'm sorry but the only people in a football game with an obligation to remain neutral are the officials, ballboys are the host club's choosing and there is no requirement for neutrality - after all for years we've seen ballboys be swift when returning the ball to the home team & significantly slower when returning it to visitors, that's a part of the game & has been for years. You don't think that happens at every premiership game going - sure the team will never officially say to them "hey kid, where you can kill a couple of seconds for us would ya" but it's understood that if they can give a slight advantage to the home team they'll do it. It can be small, like drying the ball and handing it to a player, rolling the ball to the player to ensure it gets some moisture, making players bend over to pick the ball up - it all happens and while it doesn't seem like much, it's not an accident.

The guy last night was a bit of a tit - as much as Hazard was aiming for the ball it's a situation where he knew he'd get the guy as well, that's where it became unjustifiable - if anything he should have turned, appealed to the referee & allowed him to deal with it, instead he allowed his frustration to take control which you can't have on a football field.