Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Celtic out after a 2-0 loss to Juve in Turin - respectable job getting to that stage in the Champions League especially given the lack of quality games at home to keep them sharp for big nights!
    Yup, not bad.

So what teams are gonna make it to the quarter finals? Real, Juve, PSG, Dortmund are confirmed. I'm pretty sure Bayern and Porto will make it as well, Bayern certainly, Porto just my gut feeling. Milan got a shot at it, but Barca away is gonna be tough, Schalke and Galatasaray no idea.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I'd be tempted to say Bayern & Milan who seemed to have figured Barca's game out & countered it effectively but other than that I'm not making any predictions!

Was halfway tempted last night to message all my Celtic supporting friends saying "Race you to the league trophy", remarkably we're still in a situation whereby there could be 3 league champions in Glasgow & only reason it can't be 4 is the fact there are no Glaswegian teams in the second division.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

So at first I forgot Spurs were playing tonight, then I couldn't watch it. But we're currently 3-0 up. Inter who?

yeah, spurs playing well

Inter though, ugh, I don't think I've seen a worse Inter team in my lifetime (not to take anything away from Spurs, they've been great)

10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs absolutely destroying Inter. Watched the first half and Inter could barely do anything, always been closed down by Spurs and not being able to move. Good play.

Well thats about the best result you can really wish for against Inter at home I think. Apparently we could have scored more, but I'd say that 3-0 is enough of a margin to go into the second leg pretty happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to him and hope he recovers well.

That still doesn't explain this scoreline... who are these imposters and what have they done to Wigan?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Rangers suffering embarrassing home defeat to Annan Athletic today 2-1, I know that teams have off days and stuff like that, but with respects this is not acceptable, dropping points was always inevitable, but defeats at home are something which shouldn't be tolerated especially given the basic fact that SEVEN of our starting 11 have played in the SPL & several have played in European matches (including a final). Not exactly debunking the story put out in the press through the week whereby Charles Green called this the worst Rangers side ever - if anything this truly backs up what some of us already in our hearts knew. The result leaves Rangers 17 points clear having played one game more than 2nd place Queens Park with 8 games left.

In the SPL the leaders also suffered defeat, Ross County coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at County, Celtic currently lead the SPL by 15, the win putting Ross County into third, a brilliant position for the Highland side however with only 3 points separating 2nd place Motherwell & 5th place St. Johnstone that's more than likely to chop & change before the year's out. At the other end Dundee with only 19 points look destined for a sharp return to SFL1 - although in their defence they were the beneficiaries of the situation with Rangers last year and had virtually no time to prepare or get players in for SPL competition, Hearts sit second bottom on 33pts, however with their financial woes might be a target as they try desperately to avoid administration. (Or worse - as their position is I'd suggest worse than that of Rangers last year)

Man City is on the TV here, currently up 5-0. I love watching David Silva play, so silky smooth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    You wouldn't even want to know the amount of red cards Madrid have gotten in a Clasico and subsequently lost.

I'm not a frequent United watcher because I don't like the EPL, but I hear a lot about Fergie time, the goal from Chicharito against Chelsea and other things.
    1. I watch every Clasico and most Real Madrid / Barcelona games in La Liga, and I'd say a solid 75 percent of the reds Real have received in Clasicos have been the right call, your players get pissy and just end up trying to hurt Barca players, Pepe being the worst offender, naturally. But recently your players have kept their heads and you haven't gone and tried to break people's legs or done stupid cynical fouls, and you do better.
    The myth of Fergie Time is just simply mental fatigue of playing a large club and being on the brink of winning, then after United grab one goal, if they need one more the opponents tend to just take their mind off the task and more on the reputation of United, and the Chicharito goal was a VERY tough call, he was behind three players and the Chelsea players were moving towards the goal, with Hernandez moving away, I would've been impressed to see the linesman make that call. And regarding that game, United could have scored more if that goal had been disallowed, it was 11v9 and we didn't throw people forward after getting the third goal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 11:00 PM ----------

Anyway, it's the first time I've come on here since the Real Madrid match purely due to my anger at that ref, it was an incredible game, the atmosphere was unbelievable and he ruined it. But that's done now.

Wigan's last 10 game of the season form is showing again, why put effort into a whole season when you can enjoy the thrill of a relegation battle with 10 games to go...
    United-Chelsea tomorrow should be a cracker, I fully expect United to come away with the win, though.

and in La Liga, Messi scores for the 17th game in a row, bearing in mind the old record was 10... That's not half bad.

Deleted
    So, for anybody considering going to the Etihad can I suggest the following:

Don't.

It's in an absolutely shit location away from an away friendly pubs, and is a considerable trek from the city centre. Thoroughly disappointed by the horrible access, something approaching a four mile round trip to get there and back.

I wouldn't likely go to the Etihad anyway - Manchester Police would more than likely try to arrest me, fuck it up & say I caused a bloody riot! Isn't there tram access to both the Etihad & Old Trafford from the city centre though? Pretty sure there should be, besides, I'm used to that sort of stuff, for all Ibrox is on the subway it's easier for me to walk the 1.6m from the Exhibition Centre in Glasgow (not to mention cheaper), half the fun of going to games is the pre-match hike to the stadium! I know the other mob walk from the city centre to Parkhead which is about 2 miles as well, the only one we generally avoid doing it with is Hampden, but that's properly out the way on the south side of the Clyde!

Deleted
    In other news, I just watched Match of the Day and saw my French teacher / Form teacher at the West Brom game! Oh the things you see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    1. I watch every Clasico and most Real Madrid / Barcelona games in La Liga, and I'd say a solid 75 percent of the reds Real have received in Clasicos have been the right call, your players get pissy and just end up trying to hurt Barca players, Pepe being the worst offender, naturally. But recently your players have kept their heads and you haven't gone and tried to break people's legs or done stupid cynical fouls, and you do better.
    How about Pepe's red card in the UCL semi finals? Or Sergio Ramos' red card in the Copa del Rey quarter finals? Barcelona's diving and asking for cards is so out of control they should be suspended from all competitions, but alas.

On an unrelated Barcelona note, here's Messi's goal from today, an absolute masterpiece: www . youtube . com/watch?v=GLSJ-EdX-PI
    Oh, you EPL watchers miss the best of football.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 mins till United match, kinda hoping they've recovered from Tuesday and are ready to kick some butt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how he loves to score against Chelsea.

I hope they keep up this momentum, it's quite theraputic.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 04:42 PM ----------

Well, this could have started worse....

2-0 Man Utd already

the commentator for this game (on fox soccer) is so pro united, it's a bit nauseating to listen to it
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-03-10 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    2-0 Man Utd already

the commentator for this game (on fox soccer) is so pro united, it's a bit nauseating to listen to it
    I've noticed that myself, there's some bias on the English coverage (the absolute worst is listening to Alan Green on 606) but it's no where near as bad. Even Martin Tyler's love for City is barely noticable compared to the United love in that FOX has.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wanted to watch the end of the rugby game and come to find out we are already 2-0 up