10+ Year Old Account
    Messi and Ronaldo
    Anyway, FIFA has posted a picture that shows that Pandev didn't vote for Mourinho after all, but Pandev responded by saying that it's not his autograph. Marca conveniently included a photograph showing an autograph of Pandev.
    Will this change anything? Not at all. As long as that old fool called Blatter is there the FIFA will be (most likely) corrupt. But it's nice to see people calling them out.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    then there's no point of arguing about it

Ronaldo dives, Messi doesn't

Period
    That is pure fabrication, he does dive, this is one of my favourite all time ones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjEZd7JMaaY and there are tons more. Its not a stick to beat him with, everyone seems to do it, but really....never dives lol.

Both are great I dont really have a preference, I have more exposure to CR sa Im from the uk so I would favour him over messi but Id love to see both in the UK :P

Madrid fan here. I would pick Ronaldo at his very best but that doesn't happen often. On average, Messi is just a better scorer and facilitator of goals. Ronaldo has headers but Messi is much better with his passes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Messi and Ronaldo
    Anyway, FIFA has posted a picture that shows that Pandev didn't vote for Mourinho after all, but Pandev responded by saying that it's not his autograph. Marca conveniently included a photograph showing an autograph of Pandev.
    Will this change anything? Not at all. As long as that old fool called Blatter is there the FIFA will be (most likely) corrupt. But it's nice to see people calling them out.
    It's hard to imagine Pandev, who keeps contact's with Murinho almost regularly wouldn't even give him 1 of his 3 votes. I don't think it's FIFA's fault thou, it's our federation, they are the ones forging his signature and doing a pretty laughable job at it.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldinho at his peak still better then messi or ronaldo will ever be, they are good though, by far the best two since ronaldinho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Messi and Ronaldo
    make a video of alllllll messi things, (bad ones) u get like 5 min max? now do one of ronaldo.. diving and claiming for the fault and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1DdvyAH6A messi freekick vs atletico

I remember.. cr7 fanboys using the excuse that messi was shit with argentina and ronaldo carried portugal.. now look argentina first in the qualify for the world cup, and portugal almost out
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-24 at 11:26 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate I don't know if you actually watch Barcelona but Messi constantly complains to the ref while Ronaldo never does. Now cut it out, this discussion is getting us nowhere. Maybe it's also better if you stop speculating about these things. In other news, Mourinho has been speculating about his future and has now been spotted in London. He might return to Chelsea. I hope not, please stay Jose!
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-25 at 01:20 AM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

lol he only complains when he know it's a fault and he can't keep going.. usually.. and ronaldo never does? rofl

Ronaldo always complain

and remember that rm-barca 2-1? (the last clasico), first thing when he get in the 2nd half first thing he does in a 1v1 vs pique.. dives.. yellow card to pique..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stop it.

I was watching some premiership replays and I was wondering, what's the big deal? There's too much defending for my tastes. I mean, they fight like lions for goals but there's no beautiful flowing football.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-25 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Edited for less provocing language.
    Ohio State Buckeye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSKLv4ZUzI

the 2nd (the penalty) wasn't really a dive.. but the other two, rofl. (I was talking about the 3rd one in my last post)

and please there's no comparison, like you said messi has a talent since he was born. he's the best by far.

what I can see in your video is. Real madrid park the buss (yeah pretty hard messi can do something), Ronaldo and di maria counter attacks vs 2-3 defenders. so they are always 1v1,2v2 etc..

so please don't compare cr7 to messi
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-25 at 05:27 AM.
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Sent PM, this arguing is childish.

Let's talk about the EPL and their defending tactics.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-25 at 06:01 AM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

You're just embarassing yourself dude. Just cut it out before it gets even worse. Click my sig btw, you'll see how good Ronaldo is compared to Messi. Besides, Pique always deserves a yellow. Most overestimated defender in the world.

I was watching some premiership replays and I was wondering, what do people find oh so good about it? There's just defending and kicking. Even in the Dutch league we play better football. It's a giant snoozefest.
    You were probably watching Stoke City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Peter Crouch play for Stoke? I've always hated him, except when he scored that stunner last year. Anyway, isn't Stoke the incredibly physical team no one wants to play against? They would be exactly the kind of team I mean. No real technical players, just kick the ball to the other end and hope a goal is scored.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Doesn't Peter Crouch play for Stoke? I've always hated him, except when he scored that stunner last year. Anyway, isn't Stoke the incredibly physical team no one wants to play against? They would be exactly the kind of team I mean. No real technical players, just kick the ball to the other end and hope a goal is scored.
    Yeah. They rely on long balls mostly but they press very hard. It's usually difficult to break them down and The Britannia is one of the hardest away grounds in the PL. Very boring football, but with the players he's got, Tony Pulis does a reasonable job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much.

I think the issue is English football isn't the smooth passplay continental style, it's always been a traditional hard tackling game. Arsenal were playing beautiful football a few years ago and people pointed out that it looks nice, but it wins you nothing.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Spain really needs to win against France or they will be in a really bad spot after that shocking result against Finland, actually they are in a pretty bad spot tbh, considering their group only got 5 teams which means the only thing that counts is the 1st spot, no second chances for teams in that group.

Imagine the world cup without Spain ;P
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-03-25 at 01:12 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true, beautifull footbal never wins. Look at the Dutch from 1974.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    World Cup holders should automatically qualify. You need to have a chance to defend your title.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    Ronaldinho at his peak still better then messi or ronaldo will ever be, they are good though, by far the best two since ronaldinho.
    More spectacular - yes, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is better than these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Spain really needs to win against France or they will be in a really bad spot after that shocking result against Finland, actually they are in a pretty bad spot tbh, considering their group only got 5 teams which means the only thing that counts is the 1st spot, no second chances for teams in that group.

Dunno how accurate is wikipedia in this case, but:

Ranking of second-placed teams

Because one group has one team fewer than the others, matches against the Last-placed team in each group are not included in this ranking. As a result, eight matches played by each team will count for the purposes of the second-placed table.

The eight best runners-up will be determined by the following parameters in this order:

Highest number of points
    Goal difference
    Highest number of goals scored
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FI...d-placed_teams

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Dunno how accurate is wikipedia in this case, but:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FI...d-placed_teams
    You are correct, that makes much more sense. And damn thats gonna be tight, makes our draw with Ireland even worse. Gotta win those games!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Tbh I had always thought world cup holders did automatically qualify, has it never been like that? Is it like that for the Euro's too?

Also Spurs on a good day probably play a type of football that is quite similar to the norm in Europe, VdV woulda been great right now because he fits that style so well, but at the end of the day you have to put the ball in the back of the net (something Spurs have struggled with recently.) If you can defend with 9 and win 1-0, thats 3 points and the stats from that game will be forgotten at the end of the season while the 3 points could mean everything.