10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Modric changed the game, it wasn't a defender United lost but a left winger. Let's move on to other subjects, such as Chelsea's tie with Rubin Kazan today. Kazan knocked out Atleti so I wouldn't underestimate them.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I'd say Modric changed the game, it wasn't a defender United lost but a left winger. Let's move on to other subjects, such as Chelsea's tie with Rubin Kazan today. Kazan knocked out Atleti so I wouldn't underestimate them.
    You probably wouldn't have brought Modric on if it wasn't for the card though

We can do this all day, your a Madrid fan im a United fan we wont agree but to try and deny the red card had no baring on the result is kinda dumb, we were easily in control of the game at that point.

Man Utd lost that game due to a bad 10 minutes in which they were shell shocked clueless. That has to go on in part to the manager. I mean Man Utd didn't have a youth team out there, they were experienced but sure didn't look like it for those 10 minutes or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Man Utd lost that game due to a bad 10 minutes in which they were shell shocked clueless. That has to go on in part to the manager. I mean Man Utd didn't have a youth team out there, they were experienced but sure didn't look like it for those 10 minutes or so.
    Ho yeah I agree but that was still down to the red card decision wasn't it.

Look im over the result and wish Madrid all the best in winning the Champions League, it's just a bit bitter when you see similar things done on a weekly basis without any action being taken by the referee that's all.

Deleted
    We could get one foot into the Semi-Finals of the Europa League tonight. Dreaming of a Chelsea vs Spurs final in Amsterdam.

C'mon Chels!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    "United lost due to that decision" is not reasonable, that's just looking pathetically for any scrap of reasoning which absolves United from blame when anyone who watches football knows that United LOST the game that night.
    Well, ok ill give you that, it was just an off the cuff comment with no real thought behind, United lost the game due to more than that, but I didnt say it to whine about it. Ill rescind the whole thats why we lost comment, I still believe that comparing the 2 a massive 3 weeks (I know seems like an age) apart is absolutely fine and to have someone start swearing and cursing you, like some drunk at the pub, for doing so really isn't on.
    There also shouldnt be such a disparity or lack of clarity in the laws that allow such a huge variance in decisions to be made, even with referees being human, the disparity and inconsistency seen week in week out across the whole of europe is getting a little out of whack. This is why I enjoy going to watch league one, I dont get to see replays and moan about bad decisions :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Ho yeah I agree but that was still down to the red card decision wasn't it.

Look im over the result and wish Madrid all the best in winning the Champions League, it's just a bit bitter when you see similar things done on a weekly basis without any action being taken by the referee that's all.
    My sentiments exactly, I actually want RM to win it purely because of CR and jose.

I want chelsea to do well, I hate Rafa with a passion, however his treatment at Chelsea has been farcical, I want him to win something and stick his fingers up at those areshole supporters.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-04-04 at 05:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, while I'm a United fan and too find the red card changed the game completely and was a harsh decision, no one has any idea what would have happened if the red card hadn't been given, Real Madrid could have still gone on to win the game. None of us can look into an alternate past. We just need to move on. Different referee decisions have been made forever and they will keep being made. What koodle says is true as well, while one would hope there would be consistency between ref decisions, there never will be as they are humans and have to make split second decisions on the spot. There is no point arguing about it just as there is no point arguing who is better, Messi or Ronaldo. It's a pointless discussion that will only have peoples opinions, which aren't always facts.

So I'd say, let's just drop it and continue discussing current results and try to forget what's already gone and done. Nothing is going to change the red card decision, nothing is going to bring back United into the CL this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    The red card didn't make the game impossible for United, but it set off the shift in momentum where United lost the game themselves.

All up till that point United were in complete dominating control and looked the more likely to score again.

Edit: As to the Benzema challenge, you're always going to have people compare and contrast, 3 weeks is nothing when people will take incidents that are from different seasons. I agree there should be a status quo to the standard of refereeing, and it needs to be a higher bar than where it is now.

Incidents like this stick in the mind of fans for a long time, I know Spurs fans who still go on about the phantom goal against United for example. Telling people to get over it is going to cause more trouble than it's worth, you have the right to just ignore their posts and move on.

Now let's keep this civil, banter is one thing, disagreeing another, but this is starting to turn pointlessly hostile.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2013-04-04 at 07:19 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ajax - NEC 4-1. I wanted to link this earlier but I couldn't be arsed, but here it is. Some brilliant football by Ajax. They're really playing well these last few weeks.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Benfica 3-1 Newcastle
    Chelsea 3-1 Rubin Kazan
    Tottenham 2-2 FC Basel
    Fenerbahce 2-0 Lazio

Poor Newcastle.

Deleted
    One foot in the semis.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could see Chelsea going on to win the Europa League, they definitely have the talent for it. A Chelsea - Tottenham final would be awesome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that Bale was injured. Any news? Is it bad? Also, how did he play against Basel today? Going 0-2 down against, with all due respect, a pretty mediocre team, shouldn't happen. They're gonna have fun away.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Basel was all over spurs as well, they should have won the game. Overconfident tottenham maybe?

I'm a barca fan but I really wanted to rm to win so we can dream to a semi final of barca rm :3 let's hope this time barca wins . and well man u defended all the games with good counter attacks (a la real madrid xD) and rm played really bad that game, well they had the ball etc but they didn't know what to do with it, till the red card.. then modric joined and changed the game... so yeah the red card ruined the match.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 11:10 PM ----------

I saw bale injure idk how bad it is, but seriously it looks bad as fuck imo
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were gonna stop the red card discussion?

I'm thinking Chelsea's gonna win the Euro League. They have the best players and seem to do a decent job playing football. 2 European prizes in 2 years for them wouldn't be too shabby either.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I thought we were gonna stop the red card discussion?

I'm thinking Chelsea's gonna win the Euro League. They have the best players and seem to do a decent job playing football. 2 European prizes in 2 years for them wouldn't be too shabby either.
    Technically no one said as such, equals speaks the truth but lets let it rest now :S

Chelsea will win the europa league, totenham could be out now, I dont see them winning without bale, however latest reports state 2-4 games so we'll see, it just seems to be swelling on a twisted ankle.

I'll say Benfica will win it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22037418

Dont understand what they hope to achieve by complaining about decisions, Footballing authorities seem to back referees every time, be it Uefa, Fifa, FA or whoever, seems like proper sour grapes that.

Benfica wont win im afraid dooze, admittedly I only saw them once this season against a terrible newcastle side :S

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22037418

Dont understand what they hope to achieve by complaining about decisions, Footballing authorities seem to back referees every time, be it Uefa, Fifa, FA or whoever, seems like proper sour grapes that.

Benfica wont win im afraid dooze, admittedly I only saw them once this season against a terrible newcastle side :S
    I think its good that they back their refs tbh, even if its just a public face and they'll usually deal with it internally its not good to undermine your refs, not like they aren't under enough pressure as it is already and the players aren't exactly helping them with all the diving and complaining either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."