Pretty terrible not to have punishment for that. I just can't understand why they wouldn't have some sort of ban for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Imagine if that tackle had been on a Manchester United player. That guy would have banned for life, and probably in prison aswell...
    Wild accusation I'd say, doesn't matter what team the player and the victim play for, that was a horrendous tackle and the fact the FA aren't going to do anything about it is ridiculous. Contrary to popular belief, Man United don't get special treatment like people seem to like to claim they do.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-19 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    You've got to be kidding me, the FA will not be taking action on the McManaman challenge??

I give up.
    ''Gai Assulin was stretchered off in injury time with his right leg in a brace, following a wild challenge by Callum McManaman, which caused some friction between the two benches.’
    ‘Just as the clock ticked into the 90th minute, Gai Assulin picked the ball up just inside Wigan’s half and Callum McManaman ran from City’s half and dived in very late and caught Gai on his right leg with the studs showing.”

That was taken from a reserve game last season so he's done it before. Dirty little ****.

If he has done it before then he deserves to be banned permanently from football.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's done it before?? This is ludicrous. Are the FA blind?

So wait, let's take a look at logic here. Nani gets red for a high tackle when he didn't see the player coming. That Bayern Munich player gets yellow for a high tackle when he did see the player, and this dude walks off scott free with no repercussions for nearly breaking someone's knee/leg?

As I said, I give up.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-03-19 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like we said when Nani was given a red card, far worse goes by week in week out in the EPL.

The different levels of refereeing are easily noticable.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh stop it, La Liga has far worse referees than any other league. Besides, the LFP doesn't even dare to touch RM or Barca. EPL is fine.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    EPL is fine.
    If they aren't punishing those kinds of tackles that occurred then I would say it isn't fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If they aren't punishing those kinds of tackles that occurred then I would say it isn't fine.
    That's a very good point, but that's just once. There's terrible mistakes in La Liga every other minute.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't complaining about the state of the refereeing, more the differences between leagues. Some leagues you can be far more physical than others.

I believe there is more of an issue that the FA is not doing anything rather than what the ref did. The refs don't see everything and if he was screened on this then yeah I can see how he missed it (although the assistant ref seemed like he was in a good spot to see it all). But seeing it on video should be a clear cut case for the FA to hand out punishment for this. You cannot allow this kind of behavior to happen in a game, especially in a player that appears to have done it more than once.

I guess I'm used to the sports leagues here in the US in which the the league can review everything from the video and hand out punishments for it even if the referees did not on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can all agree that this tackle should have been punished, but if an official saw it the FA cannot punish the player anymore. Whoever saw it didn't consider it a foul (lolwut) and if the FA were to punish the player anyway it would show they have no faith in their officials. It sounds crazy and stupid, and it is, but that's the rules.

Also, speaking of physical play, if you want a laugh as an English fan, go watch the Dutch league. If you frown at someone you're off. In fact, it has gotten so bad multiple clubs have complained.
    Ohio State Buckeye

The reason the FA aren't doing anything about it is because it was in the refs report, they're taking the stance they don't want to retroactively referee something the ref saw at the time, if the FA aren't touching that shit then I suggest the cops get involved, because that was assault plain & simple!

Incidentally if you want to see shit refereeing, come to Scotland, our guys are dire and well, given what I've seen half of the tackles in SFL3 could land you in a courtroom I'm not kidding they're grim!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I think we can all agree that this tackle should have been punished, but if an official saw it the FA cannot punish the player anymore. Whoever saw it didn't consider it a foul (lolwut) and if the FA were to punish the player anyway it would show they have no faith in their officials. It sounds crazy and stupid, and it is, but that's the rules.
    That's a good point to be honest, punishing someone after the referees have decided to take no action could indeed show a lack of faith in the referees, but to be honest, referees are only human and a challenge like that should and can't ever go unpunished, even if the referees decided at the time not to take any action. I couldn't care less if it makes the referees look bad. It's not the first time McManaman has made a tackle like this and if it just goes off unpunished, it probably wont be the last time he does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rule of "If the referee saw it and didn't think it was a foul" tying the FA's hands in doing nothing needs to go. Because he doesn't make a split second call there and then, a reckless challenge can be completely avoided and ignored?

Bollocks to the concern of undermining referees, player safety should come first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, international breaks should be canceled. It only causes injuries and nobody ever broadcasts it.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    This one's a world cup qualifier weekend though, it's not your usual friendly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    gonna beat some italian coaches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    And guess what? Khedira injured in training. Go jump off a cliff, international football.
    Ohio State Buckeye

real madrid fanboy!! sup

and international football are the best thing ever if your country is good..

Argentina <3
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.