Lor'themar Theron being grossly ignored

I notice since the little troll patch, Lor has not been seen or heard from again. He didn't get a new short story, he's not even mentioned in passing anywhere in MoP, nor is he expected to be.

I think at this point, this is not funny anymore. This character is so grossly underdeveloped and vague, the majority of players don't even know his full name.

When will they give this character some minor recognition? Every faction leader in Cataclysm and onward had some role or new story to flesh them out, but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who? I kid I kid but seriously, I don't know. He hasn't gotten any development then say the Short Story and even then it was barely anything. The Blood Elves are along with the Draenei kind of without any lore. It really sucks for them. If anything the Blood Elves in Pandaria should be looking for anything about powerful artifacts. Give those Reliquary guys some spotlight, even if it is for selfish reasons it's lore for the Blood Elves. I don't know about Lor'themar, he seems to just be a step in for the throne.

If he doesn't take his role seriously, neither should the Blood Elves in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is probably being saved for a future expansion, probably one that involves the burning legion where he will pick up the mantle as a major lore character.

I'm sure at some point people were like Thrall, who is Thrall? Why isnt his story being told?! All good things come eventually.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Lor'themar is in a sticky position at the moment, he is trapped between his alliance to the Horde and his ties to Sylvanas (which he can't afford to break, when she could easily wipe them out while expending very little effort) and trying to keep together a shattered people who are still trying to rebuild and regroup after betrayals that have decimated the Sin'dorei. He didn't even want to be regent when he thought Kael'thas would come back at some point to take up leadership, now that that hope is gone he's stuck in a position he never wanted to be in, but his sense of duty would never let him abandon it. He doesn't have the time or resources to deal with outside conflicts, he's just trying to keep the people together.

If you are interested in more information about Lor'themar, I suggest reading this article by wow insider, it does a very good job of explaining who exactly Lor'themar is, why he does what he does, and what kind of position he's in.

10+ Year Old Account
    lor'themar Theron? who the hell is that? I thought the name of the Blood elf leaders was......
    BOB!!!!!

but yea Elovan is very correct. unlike all the leaders of the alliance and the horde. This guy never choose to be it.
    Last edited by ghostblade; 2012-08-12 at 05:50 PM.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    He is probably being saved for a future expansion, probably one that involves the burning legion where he will pick up the mantle as a major lore character.

I'm sure at some point people were like Thrall, who is Thrall? Why isnt his story being told?! All good things come eventually.
    Well, having played since mid Vanilla, I know I never once asked who Thrall was, I always knew he was warchief and what he did prior to that, but I blame the Warcraft series for all that. Lor'themar didn't have the luxury of being anybody before WoW. You're opinion on him being a major character in future expac are a but optimistic for me, considering the half a decade trend we have of him being, literally, a nobody, but I'll keep hoping he becomes useful in some way. He looks way too cool to be forgotten =(

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Both the blood elves and the draenei are forgotten lore-wise since BC. As so many other awesome characters Blizzard forgot along the way.

Deleted
    How do you think draeneis feel?

Yeah, I would wish that Lor'themar did something. Last time he did anything "major" was the Quel'dalar (or whatever the sword is called) quests in Wrath. Goes for all racial leaders really, wish we saw more of them and not just the big ones like Varian, Garrosh and Sylvanas. But Lor'themar in particular I'd love to see something for, he's been around for a while and not done much, which is pretty sad.

It's not "He's done much", it's he hasn't done anything lol. Look at Velen, he's tutoring Anduin as a sub father, and had a new short story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's not "He's done much", it's he hasn't done anything lol. Look at Velen, he's tutoring Anduin as a sub father, and had a new short story.

He did do stuff but...not exactly in the...comics I think? That's all though, still he needs something. Poor Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hope is either they have something bigger planned for Lor'themar but further down the road so it will just be a matter of time. Lore-wise I like to think he prefers the council of his own nation versus becoming involved with the Horde at large, focusing on rebuilding Quel'thalas and the Blood Elf people that he simply doesn't have the time to fight on the front lines.

That or whatever he's doing, he's doing so well we just aren't sure he's doing anything at all. Still I would like to see him have a bigger role in the grand scheme of things. I think he could become one the most interesting characters if Blizzard would just invest more in him, keeping close to the persona that was written for him Shadow of the Sun as a tragic hero whom reluctantly leads his people through their dark age into a brighter future whilst carrying the burden he does amidst betrayal and other hardships.

Oh... hello Salandrin!

... and I've been wondering about where you've been!!

Let's not derail this with jabs.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-08-12 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    His in-game accomplishments range from being a stand-in replacement for the real leader, throwing an offscreen fit at Halduron, and being knocked about by a flying sword.

It's in stark contrast to the otherwise interesting and sympathetic Theron in the short story/Sunwell manga chapter. Tides of Darkness even portrayed him as a Second War hero rubbing shoulders with Turalyon; it's a wonder why he's such a joke in WoW itself. I'd rather he get killed off at this point, really...

Deleted
    It's not only Lor'Themar, is also Silvermoon City which probably took a while to design because it's a beautiful city with lots of details...but no one is ever there.

I completely agree.
    They gave him a new look, and even his own voice in Cataclysm... And what did they do with it? nothing. They used Halduron instead to go into the Ghostlands to deal with the Amani threat.. And just had some messenger say what Lor'themar wanted to say.

And Draenei loves, do the quests in Swamp of Sorrows, Velen shows up towards the end of it (not going to spoil what he does, but he at least shows up and does something).

Really, besides Thrall, Garrosh, Sylvanas, Varian, and Jaina... They don't seem to give a shit about the other leaders.

Vol'jin: Probably the most 'loved' of the neglected leaders. He gets a new place to live, shows up in a patch video, and helps you in Zul'Aman (ish)... But that's all he really does.
    Baine: Becomes the leader because his father was killed. Shows up in End Time as a boss. That's all.
    Lor'themar: Nothing. Moving on.
    Gallywix: Where is he out of the Goblin starting area? No where.
    Dwarven Counicl: Don't do anything... (though I could be wrong, as I have not done the Allience side of Twilight Highlands, they might do something there?)
    Mekkatorque: Outside of the Gnome starting area, not too much...
    Tyrande: FINALLY she gets some love in 4.3. With her new look, and being in two dungeons. But before that, she had done absolutely nothing, and any night elf could have looked like her.
    Velen: Not much outside the one Swamp of Sorrows quest line... But still, more than some.
    Greymane: Outside of Gilneas, not too much. Varian's little guard dog at most.

What i hope for the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, is that all the leaders show up, and each leader helps you with one of the bosses up to Garrosh. Like, they each have some sort of mechanic that helps with the fight. Gallywix/Mekkatorque give you robots to fight off adds, Tyrande/Sylvanas use some of the magic they have to make a protective bubble or something. Graymane/Baine hold off a huge ass add or something (I'm no raid boss designer, and just thinking of these off the top of my head).
    just make the leaders do something!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    His in-game accomplishments range from being a stand-in replacement for the real leader, throwing an offscreen fit at Halduron, and being knocked about by a flying sword.

It's in stark contrast to the otherwise interesting and sympathetic Theron in the short story/Sunwell manga chapter. Tides of Darkness even portrayed him as a Second War hero rubbing shoulders with Turalyon; it's a wonder why he's such a joke in WoW itself. I'd rather he get killed off at this point, really...
    It isn't too late for him to do something meaningful, just look at Vol'jin since the bonus campaign he pretty much did nothing in Wow until Cata. Killing him of would be a waste of great potential, he is after all one of the few faction leaders that is a normal guy not empowered like the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormiz View Post
    How do you think draeneis feel?
    Velen tore off a part of Tempest Keep and used it as a trans-dimensional spaceship to save his people. At least that's awesome. I'm not so sure what Lor'themar has done that can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Velen tore off a part of Tempest Keep and used it as a trans-dimensional spaceship to save his people. At least that's awesome. I'm not so sure what Lor'themar has done that can compare.
    He fought with Turalyion during the second war against the Horde, he lead the resistance against the Scourge and retook half of Quel'thalas with Rommath and his magisters and he decided to oppose his Prince in order to save his people and fought on Quel'danas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
    What i hope for the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, is that all the leaders show up, and each leader helps you with one of the bosses up to Garrosh. Like, they each have some sort of mechanic that helps with the fight. Gallywix/Mekkatorque give you robots to fight off adds, Tyrande/Sylvanas use some of the magic they have to make a protective bubble or something. Graymane/Baine hold off a huge ass add or something (I'm no raid boss designer, and just thinking of these off the top of my head).
    just make the leaders do something!
    I like this idea a lot! Man the lore possibilities are endless, let's hope Blizz does something interesting with it.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.