Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been one for upper body strength. I played Soccer and ran track, so upper body was never a focus of mine when I was younger. Now at 38 after 2 decades of not doing any sports or really any sort of physical training, I just started going to the gym 4 days a week.

I can do 3 reps of 135, and I weigh 170. Been at it since July 15th.

Bench Press
    Started at 65x9 - 7 Sets
    Current Sets: 95x12, 115x6, 135x3, 115x6, 95x8

Deadlift
    Started at 75x9 - 7 Sets
    Current Sets: 115x12, 135x9, 155x6, 135x9, 115x12

Squat
    Started at 45x9 - 7 Sets
    Current Sets: 115x12, 135x9, 155x6, 155x6, 135x6

I know it isn't a lot, but this has been huge progress in 3-4 months time in my opinion. I'd like to get closer to benching my own weight by the end of the year, but it might take a little longer than that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i weight about 230LB and can bench press that about 16-20 times my max ive ever benched is 410LB 4 times for 3 sets but I've been lifting for about 20 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i weight about 230LB and can bench press that about 16-20 times my max ive ever benched is 410LB 4 times for 3 sets but I've been lifting for about 20 years
    That's awesome! Can't say i'm looking to weight 230 (i'm only 5'8", i'd look like a dwarf), but I do hope to be able to bench how much you weigh in a few years lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm pretty sure I could now, but haven't tried. I don't have a lifting partner and normally go to the gym at odd hours.

The thing is, I haven't stepped on a scale since I started going to the gym about 5 months ago. My plan has been to build muscle and strength (i can tell both are increasing) until the end of the year, then finally start working on my diet/cutting fat.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Could barely press half of my weight lol but its one of my favorite exercise to do

No I can't. Its odd, I have a big chest and been working out for awhile but bench is my weak spot. The most I've done is 175 for 4 reps. I weigh 215 at the moment.

A lot of people I know cannot bench their own body weight, I am currently weighing around 220lbs and can bench over 320 lbs, but this has taken a while and I am not strong by any means.

I'm moving close to 2x bodyweight, but I'm having difficulty with wrist problems now.

I would guess no. I can do maybe a few push ups cause I don't really strength train or exercise for that matter. Being that a push up is like 64% of the weight, then I can lift 64ish KG. Max probably 70? Never tried nor do I really care. Seems a lot of people who bench a lot messed up their shoulders.

I can however lift my baby high up in the air and that's all I really need.

From about 25 years ago, yeah. I was a pretty average toddler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can Standing Overhead press 90kg for 3 (Push Press 100+), i weight 90kgs. I can Deadlift 260kg x1 (Done it) and squat 170kg... but cant bench for shit because MECHANICALLY im not built for it (Massive wingspan). This lift never progresses so i gave up and just train chest for size now.

FYI Flat bench is possibly the worst lift to build chest. its a press (Show of strength), if you want better pec development do Dips/Incline Press/Flys
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

No, I struggle with just the bar. Do you think I'm some kind of god?

I don't think anyone can...

But seriously - rotator cuff injury ended any significant upper body weight work 5 years ago.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    The bar? You're seriously out of shape.

- - - Updated - - -

What? People can easily do that. I've done it.
    You bench like 75 kg?

Not right now. I weight 160ish and i haven't worked out in over a decade. When i was 15 one of my friends was able to lift 180, and he was maybe 120-130 pounds. I know most should be able to lift their own body weight unless they're severely overweight, but i sure as hell can't given my sedentary life style.

I can still bench my own body weight but it's not easy like it was. Used to be 175-180 and 185lbs was my warm up weight. Now I'm 250 and 3 years out from any serious training and I can still put up 250 for a few reps. The issue I find is I dont lose too much overall strength, but my stamina, especially with heavy weights, is completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    What? People can easily do that. I've done it.
    You probably missed the joke ... I don't anyone could bench press my body weight

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I've not tried but I've been standing on my hands doing push-ups. Might not be the full 80kg weight but should be rather close, also having cloths on. Pure bench pressing might be something else, at least different muscles.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Can't bench press or anything to save my life,

But I can leg press 3x my own body weight.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate