Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Victus01 View Post
    it is sounding like you are having a bash at gw2 for 'being gw2'. if these features are what you are really looking for, gw2 might not be for you.

"when i queue up for bg I WANT... *which gw dont have*"

there are a lot of gw2 videos and reviews even streaming discussions out there to reduce the gap between expectations and what is going to be there at launch. if you dont know what is going to be in the game yet and WHY they are not going with massive 10v10 pvp then you need to do more research. all the information is out there.
    I am happy with about every facet in the game but one. BGs. Why is that so hard to understand? Why am I not allowed to dislike how BGs are designed but love the rest of the game? I am not asking for them to remove the BGs that YOU like. I am simply asking to add 1 or 2 that I like also.

Every video I have seen of the 'BGs' usually appears to be mostly 1v1 or 2v2s. Thats not a BG to me. Thats a duel.

A basic capture the flag feels like a devolution to me.
    It's not like Anet aren't aware of the concept. They're just going for something different...they have multiple objectives over different BGs...capture the flag is just....well to me a bit tired now.
    if they do it.....they'll add an interesting twist onto it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shore a map with more people would be interesting but in a smaller scale like fang of regulus would just turn into a aoe zergfest
    maps on that scale seem to work well for rift but i actually thing something the size of battle of khylo is fine
    with the existing 3 nodes there is always going to be a guaranteed fight
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    One warning. Stop calling people trolls, stop attacking the OP for voicing his opinion, and stop calling people fanboys.
    I never cast first stone. I only reply in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    I am happy with about every facet in the game but one. BGs. Why is that so hard to understand? Why am I not allowed to dislike how BGs are designed but love the rest of the game? I am not asking for them to remove the BGs that YOU like. I am simply asking to add 1 or 2 that I like also.
    Maybe you need to realize that what you're asking for isn't the type of gameplay Anet is going for with GW2. No sense raging about it in a forum the devs probably aren't even reading.

Every video I have seen of the 'BGs' usually appears to be mostly 1v1 or 2v2s. Thats not a BG to me. Thats a duel.

Funny how most of the fights I entered during my time in beta were like 6v6 or more most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    A basic capture the flag feels like a devolution to me.
    It's not like Anet aren't aware of the concept. They're just going for something different...they have multiple objectives over different BGs...capture the flag is just....well to me a bit tired now.
    if they do it.....they'll add an interesting twist onto it.

But thats just it, who does it hurt by adding it in? Where is it written that YOU have to participate in it? By adding more types of bgs they can only help the game appeal to more people.

For the record, I thought the Black Garden was the best BG ive ever played in.

OP i understand what you are asking for, and i have no problem with it. you do, however, need to work on your communication skills. you have managed to derail your own thread with your defense of your ideas.

i will admit that the rampant use of "entitlement" is pretty aggravating. learn a new word people, or at least use the ones you have correctly

Because their large scale pvp is WvW...................that has so many objectives mixed in it caters for almost every need.........except for single duels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Talk about entitlement, sheesh.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Because their large scale pvp is WvW...................that has so many objectives mixed in it caters for almost every need.........except for single duels.
    why wont they do duels? ive seen this come up before, and im not really clear on it. duels arent my thing, but it seems like a reasonable request to me

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with about every facet in the game but one. BGs. Why is that so hard to understand? Why am I not allowed to dislike how BGs are designed but love the rest of the game?

I for one applaud ANet for spreading people out with their current maps in place. What you call duels, I call fair fights.

I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of being globaled by the entire opposing team while I'm trying to complete the battle grounds objectives. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ran WSG and didn't afk out 3 minutes in out of sheer frustration.

As Squirrel mentioned, I doubt ANet overlooked capture the flag. They're smart people. If they could have made a capture the flag type battleground work while holding true to their flexible profession system and grief proof gameplay, I believe they would have made one far better than wows.

This is their current pvp system, if you dislike it that's fine, and if you want to play capture the flag, you already have options available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    why wont they do duels? ive seen this come up before, and im not really clear on it. duels arent my thing, but it seems like a reasonable request to me
    I believe they've said they will add dueling eventually, it's just not a priority right now.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I believe they've said they will add dueling eventually, it's just not a priority right now.
    ah, kk, thank you. even though im not into duels, it does have a legit place imo

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that this decision came down to them wanting to foster a spirit of cooperation, not competition, but if it was a popular enough request it's something they'd consider adding. Not sure if that was an official ANet response or someone paraphrasing an ANet response or someone talking out of their ass. I hope it's true, though, I would like to be able to duel my friends for giggles.

But thats just it, who does it hurt by adding it in? Where is it written that YOU have to participate in it? By adding more types of bgs they can only help the game appeal to more people.

For the record, I thought the Black Garden was the best BG ive ever played in.
    As of now, there are no plans I've read where they're going to add it. BG's were a bit fun here and there, but in general (IMO), they were more of a time waster and zerg rush (even WSG, hardly strategy aside from "GET THE FLAG CARRIER"). There's the idea of Rated BGs, and although I've never participated, I'm sure they provide a good amount of strategy and fun. I don't know what they'd call it or do for it, but it's possible. However, their philosophy of doing things would mean they'd have to put a lot of effort into it and have it be different in as many ways as they can; otherwise, it's just adding something for adding's sake. I personally don't care for BGs, but if they can spin it and make it their own and put it in line with the rest of the [awesomeness] of the game, I'm for it. Here's a little snippet; doesn't apply too much, but still hints at future endeavors in terms of [s]PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by GW2Guru
    There is a large player base that wonders why you think 5v5 Conquest format is better than a 3v3 Death Match, or traditional Guild Wars GvG format. Could you discuss your position on these issues? Is there a possibility we might see them at a later point?

We tried a number of formats for GW2 and decided to go with one that scaled well for different numbers of players and was familiar to a wide audience. We want to build an open and inclusive PvP community, and finding a game format that fostered both friendly play as well as highly competitive play was a challenge.

We have seen the Conquest format work well on our open play servers with 10v10 as well as competitive 5v5 tournaments. It is important to us that people have an avenue to move from less competitive to more competitive play. Our hope is to see a player new to the game start off by hitting “Play Now” on the server browser, getting to know the game, making some friends, and building some confidence. Once they have a firm grounding in how the game works, how the maps work, and how their builds work, we hope to see them move into tournament play with our automated tournament system and eventually to our scheduled tournaments where they can contend for a spot in our yearly tournament. Our dream is to see someone go from newb to world champion. We just want to provide a path for them to follow to get there.

Having said that, we may try new formats in the future, but we want to be sure that we don’t split up our competitive player base and that any new additions are good for the game overall.
    See: GW2Guru

I've underlined the part that's most applicable. Cheers!
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-13 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that this decision came down to them wanting to foster a spirit of cooperation, not competition, but if it was a popular enough request it's something they'd consider adding. Not sure if that was an official ANet response or someone paraphrasing an ANet response or someone talking out of their ass. I hope it's true, though, I would like to be able to duel my friends for giggles.
    They could just limit duels to the mists where the spirit already is about competition so it wouldnt poison the cooperation atmosphere in PvE.

I think they have stated that they are working on duels for post launch since its something a lot of people have expressed their opinion about. No source so could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you are entitled to make a post telling the devs what YOU dont like about a feature of the game. Just like I am
    You realize that no devs read this forum, right?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    For the love of holy charr fur, listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6GWx...tailpage#t=86s
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-08-13 at 01:38 AM.

I like the new concept of PvP being introduced in GW2 and the WvW system. I've PvPed on and off in WoW since late vanilla/early TBC and although I still love it today, to see something entirely similar in a new game would be a huge turn off / let down. I enjoyed the BGs in Rift, they were a bit different, not exactly the same as WoW, they put their own spin on it. Arenanet is going all out with PvP and I will really enjoy it at release.

10v10 already feels like it comes down to zerg vs zerg, personally I never liked it in WoW. 8v8 feels good for casual BG and 5v5 is good for competitive.

On the PvE mobs I totally agree, they really do not belong in BGs, like Forest of Niflhel is just frustrating when you're trying to kill svanir/chieftain and some guy out of nowhere attempts to killsteal and it comes down to luck for those 25 points.