Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot put into words how much I hate this song, unfortunately it has now pretty much gone viral so I have a feeling I am not going to be able to escape it for a while!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    I cannot put into words how much I hate this song, unfortunately it has now pretty much gone viral so I have a feeling I am not going to be able to escape it for a while!
    Is that a good or bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't like it one bit, will not listen to it 2nd time.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    That's interesting, seeing as it's only been out for a month and a half.
    and yet already so done to death I'm sick of hearing about it...

Deleted
    This song is actually in my latest promo releases pack for DJing, its the first time in over five years of subscribing to it that I've ever received K-Pop (I assume that's what this is). On first listen I was just shaking my head, ready to delete it. Now it has about 50 plays in iTunes and I only received it on Friday. I love it, and might even play it this weekend (maybe quite early for fear of getting attacked in the booth). But anyway, the moral of that little story is that this track is now actively being pushed to UK DJs, for better or worse.

Waiting for some one to "auto tune fix" this like they did with "Rap Chop" and "Dayum" (2nd one is a guy reviewing a 5guys cheese burger- kinda funny)

I think it's awesome that English people are interested in a (mostly) non-English song and artist. Heck, apparently he will be appearing on MTV on Thursday. I can't think of another non-english song gaining this level of popularity. Ricky Martin is the closest I can think of as I think he did one or two songs in part Spanish.

For those English who want to know more about the context of the song here is an article:

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...sation/261462/

Wow? People actually like this? I just thought it was popular because it's so stupid.

Love it, so damn catchy and crazy. Plus the dance rocks.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    What the fuck is that?! O.O
    Their music industry is more fucked than the Western.
    While I agree that it's fucked and over-the-top and very wierd - musically, it's still better than any western pop-song I've heard since.... Well ever. At least this is just a chubby asian guy bouncing about, and not some brain-dead auto-tune skank.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is the shit tbh, Just gotta learn how to sing it somehow :P

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Wow? People actually like this? I just thought it was popular because it's so stupid.
    That was my original reaction to viewing it but the more I listen to it the more I like it. It's the #1 song on youtube which is insane when you think about it. It's being played in Ballparks. I even saw ABC News interview him. He is appearing on MTV Award show . Even T-Pain has tweeted he loves the song. And I think this just released a month ago.

It will be interesting to see where the song goes. Does it get played on English radio stations? Do Music Stores stock his record? North America Concert Tour? All highly unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility if it continues to be popular especially if his next song is as popular.

Deleted

Found this when browsing the webs Pure gold.

while i dont have any kind of grasp of the korean language, each verse he seems to rhyme with the same word over and over again.

also you are now aware how much the first line sounds like "open condom style"
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    while i dont have any kind of grasp of the korean language, each verse he seems to rhyme with the same word over and over again.

also you are now aware how much the first line sounds like "open condom style"
    When hearing people talk about this, at first I thought they were saying "Gundam style".
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like dubstep with lyrics. What is this crap and why is it so great?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

This song and this video are so incredibly awful that words can't describe it.... Yet I find myself raping the replay button and it just serves to make me more angry at myself.... However if anything good came of this.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I honestly doubt much is going to happen. I mean, he released a full album along with Gangnam Style (well, only part 1 so far) and none of his other songs are getting any attention. People like this song for some reason, but eventually it will die out like all other viral videos and he'll go back to Korea.

That's my guess anyway, he did just sign a contract with Island Records so I guess it's still possible for him to stick around for a while.
    But his other songs are actually pretty descent, and he's been around for a while.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    This sounds like dubstep with lyrics. What is this crap and why is it so great?
    Then you don’t know what dub step is :P why is every other person thinking everything with bass is dub step?

Deleted
    Just watched the video.

I don't understand the obsession.....like, at all....

But the redhead was hot.

Deleted
    Quoting Anasko from the Players vs Mods thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    "Psy to attend MTV Video Music Awards as a VIP guest + Presenter "

OH HELL YEA.
    This might make me watch them.
    I've never seen Psy speak English, hope he's good at it lol.

His english sounds pretty fine. :I
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Just watched the video.

I don't understand the obsession.....like, at all....

But the redhead was hot.
    Yeah that chick was nice.