Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Somebody texted in to Radio 1 yesterday and said that they had Gangnam Style as the first dance at their wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm a little surprised. Both I think get more attention because they're bad or quirky and don't really succeed on merit. I could personally do without both.
    I actually really enjoy Gangnam style....I have no idea why, but I do...It's strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psy has broken at least three records. Most likes (Over three times the number of likes the previous one had) most views, and most views in the shortest amount of time

Love it! At the rate it's acquiring views I think it'll probably stay the most viewed video for quite some time. I do wish more people took the time to see what Psy is all about, listen to some of his other songs maybe, he's not just some goofy guy with a random gimmick song.

That song I just linked is probably my favourite psy song. Gangnam styles alright but definitely not my favourite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I actually really enjoy Gangnam style....I have no idea why, but I do...It's strange.
    It's not strange.

A lot of Kpop music is generally very happy with a lot of electronic music which makes you feel happy, that's how I get when listening to all the Kpop I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Yay shit replaced shit! Such an amazing day for music! Oh wait i am not even going to call it music. Such a amazing day for shit!.

While stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsLcqIVRdw only have 12k views
    I actually expected that to be some shitty metal song :P left me surprised it was actually an indie pop song.
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-11-25 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I actually expected that to be some shitty metal song :P left me surprised it was actually an indie pop song.
    Nostalgia attack, I used to love everything that Drive-Thru records put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I think the most entertaining value of it all is the music video. So silly. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lucofthewind View Post
    Beat me too it.

(Off Topic: *waves at fellow suikoden fan*)
    Watch where you wave that True Rune...!

I personally don't like the song, although it's better than anything Justin Bieber can come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    I personally don't like the song, although it's better than anything Justin Bieber can come up with.
    Even if what Justin Beiber releases is Gangnam Style?!?

Can't find article but it was reported a while ago Justin beiber would be doing gangnam style with psy...don't know any more details than that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Tell me if you like it
    Not in the least.

Deleted
    Amazing how many views this song has! I wonder if it will break the magic limit before new year

This song does lend itself to some serious fun

http://static.echonest.com/InfiniteGangnamStyle/

Might not work well with Firefox... but its a great demo
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Musically, not my cup of tea. At all.
    However, the video is quite funny.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its the most viewed video of all time on youtube.

Is that one of the seven signs of the apocalypse?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

terrible song, sick of hearing it the video isnt that funny either, i really dont understand what the fuss is about. I kinda feel sorry for Psy cause no matter what he releases people wont like it and he will always be known for this crap and when he releases something new people will realise how bad it really is.

Gangnam Style isn't a song, it's a phenomenon.

I mean, other than on the Korean peninsula, next to nobody understands what he's singing, and it still goes viral like none other.

Respect!

The video is averaging a bit over 6 million views per day since it was uploaded 133 days ago (if I counted right... close enough).
    But, in the past 2 days, at has received about 24 million--12 million per day.
    I wonder when it actually took off.

Now...if it stays at 12mil per day it should reach 1 billion around Dec 11.
    Let's call it Dec 12.
    12/12/12

i remember watching gangnam style back when it only had a couple hundred thousand views then as if overnight psy was everywhere O-O

i love k-pop and i hope that if anything this song will show a couple of people how horrible american music is

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i always put it down to jelousy, i dont like his music but nothing against him really. he just does what he enjoys, has more fans and money than any of the haters ever will. good job by him i suppose.

no flame me all you want.
    the hate has alot less to do with beiber himself but rather his fans. theres millions of beiber esque artists who do near identical songs with varying degrees of popularity but few fanbases are as annoying or in your face as beliebers or rushers or directioners. which is why those bands get so much hate.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i remember watching gangnam style back when it only had a couple hundred thousand views then as if overnight psy was everywhere O-O
    You and me are both hipsters when it comes to this, despite our differing opinions of K-Pop.

It was linked in the Fun Stuff forums when it was released in Korea, and I was beleaguered into watching it. Didn't think much of it until many months later I hear it playing on Radio 1 and my bf comes home all excited about this hilarious music video he's found. -_-'

Since then, after vast amounts of exposure it has wormed its way into my brain, and if I can't quite find myself loving it, I can't hate it either.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Even if what Justin Beiber releases is Gangnam Style?!?

Yes, it's still gonna be worse because everybody hates justin bieber

he's got an unlucky reputation, sad for him ^^