Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

are we all slaves of the government

ok so heres what i think.

i think we are all slaves to the government/rich bankers in this world.
    we all are born and go through life the same. we all get a job and then pay our taxes and the government
    builds us roads, infastructure and gives us entertainment to keep us happy.

if you think the world is overpopulated the government doesnt care. they want more babies being born
    because they will eventually grow up to be drones for the government.

think about it. we all work for the bigger man. every business these days are owned by a big company that pretty much owns everything. and if you have your own business your paying taxes anyways so we are all slaves to the government.

I live in a democracy where higher education is free together with healthcare and students get monetary aid. I can get any education i want and i could go into politics if i wanted. I dont really feel much like a slave to said government.

Nope
    The only thing you're a slave to is your own greed, because you're letting it keep you from seeing that there are things in the world besides money.

Might wanna google the word "slave" and get back to us.

I think I'm sick of people diminishing the plight of actual slaves with "man, paying taxes is just like slavery".

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think I'm sick of people diminishing the plight of actual slaves with "man, paying taxes is just like slavery".
    They should just be put on a cruise on an Amistad replica

$$$$$$$$$LAVE$$$$$$$$$ to the numbers created out of thin air.....
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    Might wanna google the word "slave" and get back to us.
    Seriously, this. So many whiny people who don't have the self control to make themselves financially independant use the term "slave" ---- it's disgusting. You should do some research into what slavery was really like. Slavery is not "I'm in debt because I just had to have a car and cell phone and cable tv".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    We kind of are slaves to an extend. It depends on the country you live in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I live in a democracy where higher education is free together with healthcare and students get monetary aid. I can get any education i want and i could go into politics if i wanted. I dont really feel much like a slave to said government.
    Yeah, I bet your education is free. When the government comes in and tapes your eyes open, insert electrodes into your arms, and straps you down in a seat in front of a demagogue, I'm sure it's to give you a varied and informed education.

Ah, there it is! Finally found my tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Yeah, I bet your education is free. When the government comes in and tapes your eyes open, insert electrodes into your arms, and straps you down in a seat in front of a demagogue, I'm sure it's to give you a varied and informed education.

Eh, ill take my chances

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Sounds like a regular math lesson really. Well they sure felt like it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

Only if you choose to not enjoy school and the education process. Or ya know. . . you picked the wrong major. You could always become a fashionista.

actually education isnt free.
    you have to pay school fees.

think about it like this. lets just say i wanted to live this world in my own way without getting a job. ill survive by hunting and sleeping where i want.
    but thats not possible because you need lisence to hunt. and if i wanted to fish to catch my food i cant, why? because i need a fishing lisence.
    so there you are two examples of why we are slaves. we cant live the way we want only how the government wants.

they keep you happy by giving you a job and entertainment and you all think that you control your lives. but in reality you dont.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    World needs people that work and pay taxes this keeps balance where there is demand and supply, if everyone would have been rich then no one would work on farms, factories and the demand would be greater while supply wouldnt exist at all. Paying taxes is in a way keeping people working and supplying the demand, forcing people to go to work and make money, and make things so others can buy them and keep everything rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    actually education isnt free.
    you have to pay school fees.

think about it like this. lets just say i wanted to live this world in my own way without getting a job. ill survive by hunting and sleeping where i want.
    but thats not possible because you need lisence to hunt. and if i wanted to fish to catch my food i cant, why? because i need a fishing lisence.
    so there you are two examples of why we are slaves. we cant live the way we want only how the government wants.

they keep you happy by giving you a job and entertainment and you all think that you control your lives. but in reality you dont.
    Needing a fishing license - just like slavery.

I'll keep this in mind as I go to my job that I chose, then come home to the apartment I chose, while eating the foods I choose, sitting in my comfy chair with a big ass LCD TV and messing around on a computer. I can't fish without a license, so I'm basically a slave.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2012-08-13 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Part of the problem is all the insane big corporations, they might be the downfall of democracies.

Deleted
    without tax the country doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Needing a fishing license - just like slavery.

I'll keep this in mind as I go to my job that I chose, then come home to the apartment I chose, while eating the foods I choose, sitting in my comfy chair with a big ass LCD TV and messing around a computer. I can't fish without a license, so I'm basically a slave.
    You need a proficiency license to play golf on certain courses, where's MY concert?!?!?
    /sarcasm.

To the OP, if you haven't heard of Noam Chomsky you may want to check out some of his videos on youtube or elsewhere you may find it very interesting.