Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rate my fantasy football team!

Long time nfl watcher, first time fantasy footballer. I drafted 7th in a snake style draft.

Rd 1: Chris Johnson, RB TEN; After a dissapointing season last year, I'm hoping CJ can rebound and reestablish himself as an elite rusher. The only other real options at this pick would have been Ryan Mathews, but i wanted to avoid him because of the recent collarbone injury, or megatron.

Rd 2: Larry Fitzgerald, Wr ARI; Not much to say here, solid fantasy wr, he should produce as well this year as he has in the past.

Rd 3: Fred Jackson, RB BUF; After having a monster start last year, Jackson's season was cut short by an injury. Although he'll likely share carries with team mate CJ Spiller, he should still provide a few 100 yd games and hopefully 10 td

Rd 4: Eli Manning, QB NYG; Solid 2nd tier fantasy qb. He should put up equal or better numbers than last year.

Rd 5: Vernon Davis, TE SF; Hopefully he picks up where he left off at the end of last year. His monster post-season was encouraging that he will have another good year.

Rd 6: Eric Decker, WR DEN; With Peyton now in Denver, Decker's good numbers from last year should improve.

Rd 7: Anquan Boldin, WR BAL; Boldin had a down year last year, I'm hoping he can rediscover his former self and produce as a solid no. 3 fantasy wr.

Rd 8: Sebastian Janikowski, K OAK; Accidently missed this pick and the Polish cannon was auto-drafted. I wouldn't call it a huge blunder, he is about as good a fantasy kicker as you can get.

Rd 9: Ravens DEF; Being a novice fantasy footballer I didn't realize that because my previous pick was an auto-draft, the auto-draft feature was turned on. As a result i got the Ravens D.

Rd 10: Justin Blackmon, WR JAC; Although currently holding out, I'm hoping this rookie can find his role by midseason and provide some decent bye week replacements.

Rd 11: Mark Ingram, RB NO; He'll be sharing carries but not a bad reserve back.

Rd 12: Matt Flynn, QB SEA: After watching him throw for 500 yds and 5 TD in a garbage game for GB last year, i got excited about this guy. Being mentored by Aaron Rodgers must have worked out well.

Rd 13: Dustin Keller, TE NYJ: I would say Keller is a decent reserve TE.

Rd 14: CJ Spiller, RB BUF: If Spiller ends up getting more carries than Jackson in Buffalo, i can always throw him in as the starter.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man your RB's are kinda scary with the injury's and age both young and old. Eli Manning will win you games and he will lose you games that's just how he is I try and stay away from him if I can unless I can pick him up in the 5th round if he is still there.

I'd say you were a bit weak at reciever but decker could pay off with a healthy manning. How many players in your league?

12 person league, Decker had decent numbers last year in Denver, so I'm hoping his numbers will improve with Manning. Boldin will likely be more of a gamble, although previously a top WR, his numbers have been declining in recent years. There's always a chance that the rookie Justin Blackmon will do well in JAC.

Feel free to post your own fantasy lineups for a continued discusion!

You drafted K and D too soon

10+ Year Old Account
    You got extremely lucky with your auto drafts.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    KK so here is my list.

QB: Tom Brady
    QB: Andy Dalton
    WR: Wes Welker
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    WR: Nate Washington
    WR: James Jones
    RB: Matt Forte
    RB: Michael Turner
    RB: Brandon Jacobs
    RB: Shonn Jones
    TE: Tony Gonzalez
    TE: Jared Cook
    K: David Akers
    Defense: Chicago

Drafted 6th pick: First pick was Tom Brady (Aaron Rodgers was already taken).Second pick was Matt Forte Third pick was Wes Welker
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-08-26 at 08:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubixz View Post
    Long time nfl watcher, first time fantasy footballer. I drafted 7th in a snake style draft.

Rd 1: Chris Johnson, RB TEN
    Rd 2: Larry Fitzgerald, Wr ARI;
    Rd 3: Fred Jackson, RB BUF;
    Rd 4: Eli Manning, QB NYG;
    Rd 5: Vernon Davis, TE SF;
    Rd 6: Eric Decker, WR DEN;
    Rd 7: Anquan Boldin, WR BAL;
    Rd 8: Sebastian Janikowski, K OAK;
    Rd 9: Ravens DEF;
    Rd 10: Justin Blackmon, WR JAC;
    Rd 11: Mark Ingram, RB NO;
    Rd 12: Matt Flynn, QB SEA:
    Rd 13: Dustin Keller, TE NYJ:
    Rd 14: CJ Spiller, RB BUF:
    Little late to the party on the OP's list, but:
    1. Solid pick
    2. Solid pick
    3. Probably a round too high, but that is league dependant. I picked 7th and 8th in my two leagues and got Jamaal Charles in this spot who is ranked 4-5 spots higher in projections for RBs.
    4: Way, way too early. Eli is the 7th-9th projected QB. That should drop him to round 6-7 in most leagues. At that spot you have a couple guys who are better fantasy QBs on the board usually like Vick (if healthy) and Ryan.
    5: Solid pick
    6: Solid pick should have a great year
    7: Way too high. Like way, way too high. Boldin is a double digit round pick. The Ravens offense is not passing oriented and his QB sucks. This is usually the round you can get Antonio Brown (leading receiver in Pitt), Stevie Johnson (leading receiver in Buffalo), etc. that play in offense that throw the ball more and don't just throw it to TEs like Baltimore.
    8: Too high but nothing you could do really. Never a fan of drafting a kicker before the last round since their production is usually always close. Excluding Akers, last year K's 2-11 were within 16 points of each other.
    9: Solid pick
    10: Could be a good pick if Gabbert doesn't flame out. 10-12th is the right range
    11: Undrafted and 15th round in my two drafts so far. NO spreads out the carrying so much it destroys his value. Not much else you can hope for here except for potential or an injury to a starter (Redman, Gerhart)
    12: Definitely way too early for him and now isn't even the starter but you couldn't know that part
    13: Solid TE depth pick
    14: Solid pick. Always good to back up your potential injury risk RB.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    RB: Michael Turner
    Go pick up Jaquiz Rodgers. The fuel is just about out on the Burner. He has looked awful all preseason. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job midseason to Rodgers.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-28 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Little late to the party on the OP's list, but:
    1. Solid pick
    2. Solid pick
    3. Probably a round too high, but that is league dependant. I picked 7th and 8th in my two leagues and got Jamaal Charles in this spot who is ranked 4-5 spots higher in projections for RBs.
    4: Way, way too early. Eli is the 7th-9th projected QB. That should drop him to round 6-7 in most leagues. At that spot you have a couple guys who are better fantasy QBs on the board usually like Vick (if healthy) and Ryan.
    5: Solid pick
    6: Solid pick should have a great year
    7: Way too high. Like way, way too high. Boldin is a double digit round pick. The Ravens offense is not passing oriented and his QB sucks. This is usually the round you can get Antonio Brown (leading receiver in Pitt), Stevie Johnson (leading receiver in Buffalo), etc. that play in offense that throw the ball more and don't just throw it to TEs like Baltimore.
    8: Too high but nothing you could do really. Never a fan of drafting a kicker before the last round since their production is usually always close. Excluding Akers, last year K's 2-11 were within 16 points of each other.
    9: Solid pick
    10: Could be a good pick if Gabbert doesn't flame out. 10-12th is the right range
    11: Undrafted and 15th round in my two drafts so far. NO spreads out the carrying so much it destroys his value. Not much else you can hope for here except for potential or an injury to a starter (Redman, Gerhart)
    12: Definitely way too early for him and now isn't even the starter but you couldn't know that part
    13: Solid TE depth pick
    14: Solid pick. Always good to back up your potential injury risk RB.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 03:59 PM ----------

Go pick up Jaquiz Rodgers. The fuel is just about out on the Burner. He has looked awful all preseason. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job midseason to Rodgers.
    Yea I picked up Turner pretty late like 10th round or so I was like WTH I can probably trade him or just pick somebody else up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I picked up Turner pretty late like 10th round or so I was like WTH I can probably trade him or just pick somebody else up.
    Ya if you got him that late, totally worth the risk. He is been 2-3rd round in every draft I did which just seems totally out of whack with how he has looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    My WR's are ok not great but this year they was getting picked up earlier then usual.

Ok now rate mine. I picked 7th in a snake in a 12 team league. I know I picked K/D too early but I wanted the best.

Round 1 - MJD - RB - Jac
    Round 2 - Rob Gronkowski - TE - NE
    Round 3 - Eli Manning - QB - NYG
    Round 4 - Jamaal Charles - RB - KC
    Round 5 - 49ers D
    Round 6 - Stephen Gostkowski - K - NE
    Round 7 - JEremy Maclin - WR - Phi
    Round 8 - Rashan Jennings - RB - Jac
    Round 9 - Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Oak
    Round 10 - Anquan Boldin - WR - Bal
    Round 11 - Kendell Wright - WR - Ten
    Round 12 - Kevin Smith - RB - Det
    Round 13 - Carson Palmer - QB - Oak
    Round 14 - Brian Quick - WR - Stl

I figured with such a bad draft position I would leave WR's towards the end since they are easiest to go on weekly matchups. Very happy with Brain Quick in the 14th and Kevin Smith (RB) in the 12th. Thoughts?

As an aside, the first pick of our draft was Cam Newton which made me laugh and laugh. Anyway, I picked up Rob Gronk in the second because all the top flight RBs and QBs were gone, as were Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald.

10+ Year Old Account
    MJD in the first is worrisome but at least you handcuffed with Jennings in 8
    Gronk and Eli and Charles are all good value, I took Charles last in the 3rd in a 10 team, so 4th in a 12 ain't bad at all (and Eli went in the 1st ahead of Brees which was crazy to me)

but then some serious reaching on the D, and huge reach on the K is, well, you know that ain't good

you got good value on the WRs but the RB group looks a bit thin assuming you're playing a standard flex, but thats to be expected when you pass over so much talent going for D and K that early. In my draft, for instance the 49ers D went 86th and Gostkowski went 126th and you've got them around 55 and 65, and if guys like Kevin Smith slipped to 12 I have to imagine there might've been other good values there in 5 and 6 as well

if anybody is curious how mine went, I drafted 10th in a 10 team league, which was a new spot for me, being last so I had to reach here and there knowing I would have to watch 18 picks go by before I got another crack

1-10th Drew Brees QB
    2-11th Chris Johnson RB
    3-30th Jamaal Charles RB
    4-31st Antonio Gates TE
    5-50th Percy Harvin WR
    6-51st BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
    7-70th Demarius Thomas WR
    8-71st Jason Witten TE
    9-90th Texans D
    10-91st Santonio Holmes WR
    11-110th David Wilson RB
    12-111th Reggie Wayne WR
    13-130th Ryan Williams RB
    14-131st Sam Bradford QB
    15-150th Mike Goodson RB
    16-151st Matt Prater K

I guess I'm counting on a lot of rebound years, and I pretty much grabbed Bradford only because he plays the Dolphins on Brees' bye and the Dolphins look even worse in the secondary than last year, hopefully he isn't already injured by then...lol

fun thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Draynay I think you picked Antonio Gates a bit early and then picked up Jason Witten 4 more picks later is a bit of a chin rubber. Santonio Holmes as a 91st pick is pretty good. Overall your QB is great of course your WR's are good your RB's or okay to good and TE's are great I just think they were picked to early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draynay I think you picked Antonio Gates a bit early and then picked up Jason Witten 4 more picks later is a bit of a chin rubber. Santonio Holmes as a 91st pick is pretty good. Overall your QB is great of course your WR's are good your RB's or okay to good and TE's are great I just think they were picked to early.
    that's my assessment as well, not knowing how the TE market would play out I reached knowing a lot of names were gonna come off the board before I got another chance, Witten ended up being the best value in round 8, I got so close to picking up Decker and Thomas at 70/71 that woulda been spiffy, but then I've probably taken Gates a little early every draft for the last 5 years, its tradition!

ofc if I had known Cooley was gonna get dropped I would've just waited on Fred Davis later, but thats how these things go

Hi
    Drafted last night, also in 7th spot, 12 teams, PPR, 16 rounds, must start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 Def, 1 TE, PK

1-McFadden -RB
    2-Forte -RB
    3-Doug Martin-RB
    4-Harvin -WR
    5-Gates- TE
    6-Wayne - WR
    7-Meacham - WR
    8- Heyward-Bey -WR
    9- CJ Spiller - RB
    10- M. Williams - WR
    11-Cutler- QB
    12-J. Rodgers- RB
    13- R. Cobb- WR
    14- Packers Def
    15- Wilson - QB
    16- Zuerlien

Thoughts? Rank my team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again Gates so early idk I'm just not a fan of picking up a TE that early but your RBs are great WR's are good, Cutler is very good as long as he is healthy, Packers D that late is awesome. I would say you got a decent team for sure and other then the Gates pick in the 5th round its not a bad draft at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfreetrader View Post
    Hi
    Drafted last night, also in 7th spot, 12 teams, PPR, 16 rounds, must start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 Def, 1 TE, PK

1-McFadden -RB
    2-Forte -RB
    3-Doug Martin-RB
    4-Harvin -WR
    5-Gates- TE
    6-Wayne - WR
    7-Meacham - WR
    8- Heyward-Bey -WR
    9- CJ Spiller - RB
    10- M. Williams - WR
    11-Cutler- QB
    12-J. Rodgers- RB
    13- R. Cobb- WR
    14- Packers Def
    15- Wilson - QB
    16- Zuerlien

Thoughts? Rank my team?
    Ya that team is pretty great. You don't really have a top WR1, but you have very good WR depth overall which should make up that gap with their matchups each week. QB choices are both very solid. Russell has real boom quality and can probably fill in quite nicely if Cutler goes down to injury again. RBs are super. Great points defense if you are in a league that gives you decent points for forcing TOs and doesn't penalize you too harshly for points allowed. Overall pretty great team and getting Cutler that late is a total steal.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 03:15 PM ----------

Again Gates so early idk I'm just not a fan of picking up a TE that early but your RBs are great WR's are good, Cutler is very good as long as he is healthy, Packers D that late is awesome. I would say you got a decent team for sure and other then the Gates pick in the 5th round its not a bad draft at all.
    Its a tough call on TEs this year. You have the top two who are probably slightly overvalued in Gronk and Graham going in round 2. Then round 5 you have the next big three of Davis, Hernandez, and Gates. The question becomes are they going to score enough to put themselves ahead of guys you can get in later rounds like Witten, Fred Davis, Finley, Gonzalez who usually go before the double digit rounds and then guys like Celek, Keller, Pettigrew, etc. that you can get rounds 10-15. One of my teams I went with Hernandez in the 5th. The other I did the late round gamble planning to get Fleener but ended up getting Celek after Fleener went one round earlier than I figured he would. I really, really want to gamble on picking up Kyle Rudolph in that league, but I don't want to drop Russell Wilson, despite my starter being Brees, and I don't want to give up one of my defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    like you said, it depends how big a gap there is, I've gotten stuck with Dustin Keller or freaking Owen Daniels enough that I tend to overvalue the position since there haven't been too many reliable producers in the past, if I wanted some TE thats going to get 4 points a week there will be plenty on the waiver wire all season and so I reach for one of the reliable ones sometimes

Ok my turn to get some constructive criticism for my first draft this year. Picked 6th in a 12 team 15 rd snake draft. I missed my first pick, which got me shady autodrafted (with Brady still on the board!!). Other than that gaff, I really like my team. WR depth is good, but could be a liability. I think I have the RBs to be able to make a solid trade down the road. Let me know what you think!

P.S. Was dumb and did not know about New Orleans kickers. Will be picking up either Heartly or another serviceable kicker once waivers open.

1. (6) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
    2. (19) Cam Newton (Car - QB)
    3. (30) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
    4. (43) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
    5. (54) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
    6. (67) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
    7. (78) Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
    8. (91) Jermaine Gresham (Cin - TE)
    9. (102) Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)
    10. (115) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
    11. (126) Jacob Tamme (Den - TE)
    12. (139) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)