Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best Monk gear to use at level 80 if you level granted?

Obviously cata greens but which? and 2hander? or 2 1 handers? trinkets? etc

anyone have a cheat sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Royaldruid View Post
    Obviously cata greens but which? and 2hander? or 2 1 handers? trinkets? etc

anyone have a cheat sheet?
    Dual wielding seems to be ahead at the moment.

I guess Darkmoon Cards would be nice trinkets to have at 80. Like http://www.wowhead.com/item=44253 for example.

If you grant to 80 with 99% experience I would say get the Obsidium Bladespear and put something like +130 Agility on it. It's the best crafted item you get can I believe for level 78-81.

Also, look for some of the Darkbrand gear that is 80-81. which is the gloves, boots, bracers, and belt, according to wowhead. I would think ideally, whatever gear you get, you want "Of the Windflurry" which is stamina, agility, crit, and haste. I dunno what stats we need but I would imagine those are the best for leveling?

Other than the crafted gear just keep checking the AH for greens. I've found that shoulders are the hardest to find.

I'd recommend a set of "of the galeburst" items. Its agi, stam, hit and expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    I guess Darkmoon Cards would be nice trinkets to have at 80. Like http://www.wowhead.com/item=44253 for example.
    I wouldn't waste the cash on one honestly. There's an agility trinket from a quest about 20-30 minutes into Hyjal. http://www.wowhead.com/item=57325

I plan to use that and try for the trinket from BRC. If not using the BOA trinket for the health restore is still not a bad option.

I also spent a little time soloing BRC on my druid for http://www.wowhead.com/item=55789

For level 81, i'm duel wielding these...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76433

Really easy to make mat-wise, and i threw landslide on both of them for extra lawls XD should last at least 84-85

15+ Year Old Account
    If you grant levels and get your monk close to lvl 81 then already linked Obsidium Bladespear is a solid choice. Also the only BoE 2h weapon you can prepare before the release for pre 85. Costs 24 Obsidium Bars, 10 Earth and 4 Fire so cheap to make.

For dual wielding there's Carnellian Spikes. Interestingly they are green and they got ilvl 317 (all other crafts are ilvl 316 and rare quality). So if you want to go DW from the start these are the best choice.

No matter which one you took you should craft/buy and prepare a pair of The Perforators. Requires lvl 83 and ilvl 333. With a red socket. So you money mans can go nuts with epic gems here.

Other than weapons I don't plan to prepare anything else except basic armor set so I don't have to start butt naked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    If you grant levels and get your monk close to lvl 81 then already linked Obsidium Bladespear is a solid choice. Also the only BoE 2h weapon you can prepare before the release for pre 85. Costs 24 Obsidium Bars, 10 Earth and 4 Fire so cheap to make.

For dual wielding there's Carnellian Spikes. Interestingly they are green and they got ilvl 317 (all other crafts are ilvl 316 and rare quality). So if you want to go DW from the start these are the best choice.

No matter which one you took you should craft/buy and prepare a pair of The Perforators. Requires lvl 83 and ilvl 333. With a red socket. So you money mans can go nuts with epic gems here.

Other than weapons I don't plan to prepare anything else except basic armor set so I don't have to start butt naked.
    Neat. I hadn't even thought of those. If you can, throw a couple of Enchant Weapon - Windwalk on them and you're golden. The proc'd dodge actually will stack, and the movement speed is always nice. I would venture to say that the Windwalk enchant on 2 one handed weapons would probably be better than the Obsidium Bladespear with any enchant. The only issue is that Windwalk costs a lot to make if you buy the mats. +130 agility on a 2 hander is WAY cheaper.

The best weps is the lvl 81 fist weps from JC, and at 83 the fist from JC. Carnilian spikes and preadator (or something) In a thread long long time ago some guy had counted this out.

At 83 you can use mop greens if im right, at least i read it somewhere on the 1-90 race thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerteey View Post
    At 83 you can use mop greens if im right, at least i read it somewhere on the 1-90 race thread.
    You won't really have time, at least at the midnight mark to buy BoE MoP Greens haha.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    Neat. I hadn't even thought of those. If you can, throw a couple of Enchant Weapon - Windwalk on them and you're golden. The proc'd dodge actually will stack, and the movement speed is always nice. I would venture to say that the Windwalk enchant on 2 one handed weapons would probably be better than the Obsidium Bladespear with any enchant. The only issue is that Windwalk costs a lot to make if you buy the mats. +130 agility on a 2 hander is WAY cheaper.
    Is windwalker really better than say.. double Landslide? o_o I feel like the raw extra killing power would trump slight movment speed, considering between roll and serpent kick we are pretty mobile. We can also enchant BoE boots with movement speed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerteey View Post
    Yeah what Vayra said. It's really not worth it to buy them. With all the xp buffs and level requirement lowering you will be flying through 80-85 so fast I don't see a point buying heavily overpriced twink weapons for 2 levels. All good if you can get guildie to send one if they find but really no point wasting time checking AH so early or even worse wasting time by camping Trade channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    Yeah what Vayra said. It's really not worth it to buy them. With all the xp buffs and level requirement lowering you will be flying through 80-85 so fast I don't see a point buying heavily overpriced twink weapons for 2 levels. All good if you can get guildie to send one if they find but really no point wasting time checking AH so early or even worse wasting time by camping Trade channel.
    I plan on having my friends/guildies send me 83 greens in my mail. The green MoP 1h weapons have 250 more dps than The Perforator. If I need to check the AH, I would likely be doing so on my RaF account and sending them via mail to my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    You won't really have time, at least at the midnight mark to buy BoE MoP Greens haha.
    I have guild mates haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post

Is windwalker really better than say.. double Landslide? o_o I feel like the raw extra killing power would trump slight movment speed, considering between roll and serpent kick we are pretty mobile. We can also enchant BoE boots with movement speed
    I would imagine Windwalker would be more for the dodge than the movement speed. With 1200 dodge when it stacks you won't get hit nearly as much, so less downtime between kills and stuff. I would imagine dual wielding Enchant Weapon Mending would pretty pretty good for less down time too, assuming it doesn't have an internal cooldown preventing it from happening again on a different weapon. I will test this on my Enhancement shaman tonight.

I'm thinking with stuff like Flask of the Winds, Potion of the Tol'vir, food buffs, etc. you won't need anymore killing power. More just survival tactics. Though I plan on running Brewmaster for leveling, so I'll be pulling as many mobs at once as I can, so I'm thinking more survival tactics.

I would imagine Windwalker would be more for the dodge than the movement speed. With 1200 dodge when it stacks you won't get hit nearly as much, so less downtime between kills and stuff. I would imagine dual wielding Enchant Weapon Mending would pretty pretty good for less down time too, assuming it doesn't have an internal cooldown preventing it from happening again on a different weapon. I will test this on my Enhancement shaman tonight.

I'm thinking with stuff like Flask of the Winds, Potion of the Tol'vir, food buffs, etc. you won't need anymore killing power. More just survival tactics. Though I plan on running Brewmaster for leveling, so I'll be pulling as many mobs at once as I can, so I'm thinking more survival tactics.
    Brewmaster doesn't need anything to boost its survivability. It's very self-sustainable already, so I would suggest going with 2xLandslide for 2,000 Attack Power @ 80 over 1,200 dodge which will most likely be unneeded in the first place. If you're AoEing, then more killing power is always something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Brewmaster doesn't need anything to boost its survivability. It's very self-sustainable already, so I would suggest going with 2xLandslide for 2,000 Attack Power @ 80 over 1,200 dodge which will most likely be unneeded in the first place. If you're AoEing, then more killing power is always something to be desired.
    Hmm. I think I will buy LOTS of weapons and have LOTS of enchants on each and see what the best combo is when it all comes down to it. It's just gold, right?

Tankard of Terror at 85? Useful to buy you think?

Hmm. I think I will buy LOTS of weapons and have LOTS of enchants on each and see what the best combo is when it all comes down to it. It's just gold, right?

Tankard of Terror at 85? Useful to buy you think?
    I think your best bet would to just try and get your hands on a set of BoE greens from MoP. They're 1 ilevel less than said Tankards, and you can use them 2 levels eariler.

Your first quest(s) from MoP gives you weapon(s) that are ilvl 372.
    Last edited by JRule; 2012-08-13 at 06:01 PM.

Good deal. Too bad there aren't any good raiding maces endgame that I've seen. Tankard O'Terror would be an awesome transmog weapon for Brewmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, I have darkbrand leather gear saved for 81, as well as 2x http://www.wowhead.com/item=55822 which I got cheap a couple months back off the AH. I will use the heirloom gear that I had planned for 1-80 at 80 for the whole 1% I will be there. (hopefully that just entails the first few quests in hyjal) This thread reminded me that I need to find some rings and a neck for 81 as well :X, those are so fricking expensive on the AH now that people are in full MoP prep mode.

Since VP is basically useless to me currently I am getting the 397 boots and bracers, as well as getting the BoE 397 belt if I can twist the arm of my GM. Beyond that I am not worrying about 83-85 gear as they will be replaced by MoP quest greens.