View Poll Results: Having read this article: How do you feel about 'Titan' now?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Excited

25 25.25%
  • Indifferent

59 59.60%
  • Disappointed

15 15.15%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I just don't see how Blizzard can possibly top early WoW. However, I don't recall anyone expecting WoW to be as wildly popular as it was. Maybe Blizzard will surprise us.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Why can't they just attempt an MMO not so casually based. I mean a lot of WoW end game has just become to easy for top guilds and that's why I think a few disbanded.

If i remember correctly.. several years back.. there was this game called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It was supposed to be THE game for the hardcore i want everything difficult and non forgiving. lose experience when i die and potentially lose levels.. the even more un solo un casual friendly version of everquest... how is that game doing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    If i remember correctly.. several years back.. there was this game called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It was supposed to be THE game for the hardcore i want everything difficult and non forgiving. lose experience when i die and potentially lose levels.. the even more un solo un casual friendly version of everquest... how is that game doing these days?
    That bombed for entirely different reasons. The game was released in a BARELY playable state, like, things just didn't work. It was basically like playing a super early beta/late alpha build.

If the game HAD been functional, I bet we would have seen a pretty decent size playerbase as it would have filled a niche that's pretty empty in the market right now. But we'll never know since the game was so unplayable at launch that most people quit and didn't bother to look back (myself included), partially because they didn't have a proper team working on it for very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    6 years tops. They scrapped a model of the game in 2005 when the Blizzard North guys left and had to start development over again. So at the most it's been in development for 6 years, and we don't know what kind of resources it had throughout that time.
    I understand that there are 6 years in to development of the version we know, but that doesn't mean they get a "reset" and we forget about the 4 years of wasted development time which coincidentally is around the same time they scrapped the Blizz North team... Technically they had 3 variations from the beginning to end of development, but regardless the Diablo 3 development began in 2001, not 2005.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 02:57 PM ----------

That bombed for entirely different reasons. The game was released in a BARELY playable state, like, things just didn't work. It was basically like playing a super early beta/late alpha build.

If the game HAD been functional, I bet we would have seen a pretty decent size playerbase as it would have filled a niche that's pretty empty in the market right now. But we'll never know since the game was so unplayable at launch that most people quit and didn't bother to look back (myself included), partially because they didn't have a proper team working on it for very long.
    Not much changed even post launch. I bought a CE version of that game for $20 no more than 2 months after release, maybe 3. I played it for about a day because as EdgeCrusher said it was barely playable.

Deleted
    i think they will add a battle net sub fee which will change your account into some sort of a premium which allows you to play WoW and the new mmo, forum reactions enabled and some other minor but useful features. Albeit, i think they will add a couple bucks for this. like 15-20 bucks/month.

This sounds like their plan.

What would be nice if they leave the WoW-only sub for an alternative for people who would like to play only wow.

I am deducing this, based on their ideas about premiums.

Are all the good devs like Tigole working on this one?

Well, they are supposedly having issues with player retention in D3 as well. The problem is that there's not guarantee that they'll go back to WoW either, especially with the annual pass ending soon. And there are plenty of reasons to play once you've hit 60. The same types of reasons that keep D2 players playing the game 12 years later (although we can debate whether or not those reasons apply given the different design choices they've made with D3 compared to D2).
    The types of reasons to play d2 past level 80 was to drive to hit 99 with max level reachable in under 3 days in diablo 3 where is the drive, end level gear is so fucked atm and being changed so much that again no reason to play, once you can farm inferno which doesnt take long there is no reason and nothing to farm for, no runes no epic ass uniques nothing. It gets even more monotone and borring than diablo 2 did once you started MF farming and doing xp runs even though most didnt think that was possible. Now they are making the game faceroll easyer like removing difficulty multiplyer from when more people are in game and more.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 10:25 PM ----------

6 years tops. They scrapped a model of the game in 2005 when the Blizzard North guys left and had to start development over again. So at the most it's been in development for 6 years, and we don't know what kind of resources it had throughout that time.
    That was a major problem them loosing that dev team has shone ALOT, imagine hellgate london under blizzard name with blizzard support, my god. They should have tried thier damnedest to get them back.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Not much changed even post launch. I bought a CE version of that game for $20 no more than 2 months after release, maybe 3. I played it for about a day because as EdgeCrusher said it was barely playable.
    Heh, yeah. Sigil collapsed when it launched so it was left to SoE to fix it, and as far as I remember they had a skeleton crew working on it as they weren't expecting that to happen. It got some bug fix patches for about 6 months (2-3 decently large patches) then after that pretty much stagnated. It's in pretty decent shape from what I've played since the freemium relaunch, haven't had a lot of time to devote to it though.

Deleted
    Sorry to disappoint you all, but Titan is just a malware analysis tool

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you all, but Titan is just a malware analysis tool

I wonder how long it will take blizzard to try and sue them for copyright infringement? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I must be some kind of super-gamer anomaly. I have active subs for SWTOR and TERA, a pre-order in for GW2, and I'm actively beta testing Planetside 2 which I'll probably also pick up. And those are just the MMOs that I'm playing. I thought lots of gamers did that...
    No they really don't. I played Runescape-WoW-Gw2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well considering they destroyed Diablo after 10 years of development, StarCraft 2 was a complete disappointment, I don't necessarily think much of Titan or any future titles save the MoP expansion. I think the WoW team is probably the only talent Blizzard actually has left after Blizzard North.
    doubtful. most of the original wow dev team no longer works on WoW, shortly after tbc was finished the lead dev went to work on Titan, which would explain why the game has more or less sucked since then, lol. and blizz north closed in 2005, because 30 of the top employee's left to create other studio's, and the people they were replaced with absolutely ruined D3 because they had no fuckin clue what they were doing, lol

dont think im alone on this one either, i havent seen a single thing in MoP that got me excited or interested in buying it. and i have over 800 days /played on my account, and i quit back in december of last year, lol if that tells you anything, i was a hardcore wow addict for 7 years, and this expansions premise, storyline, and everything else about it are shit, lol imo.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-14 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    i think they will add a battle net sub fee which will change your account into some sort of a premium which allows you to play WoW and the new mmo, forum reactions enabled and some other minor but useful features. Albeit, i think they will add a couple bucks for this. like 15-20 bucks/month.

This sounds like their plan.

What would be nice if they leave the WoW-only sub for an alternative for people who would like to play only wow.

I think titan will be pay 2b pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

This is Activision we are talking about...with their CoD premium services. I think you are spot on. I am calling it now, project can be summed up in one mathematical phrase:

future battle.net = skynet

Deleted
    So, basically they wrote an article saying "we didn't know anything about Titan, and we still don't, so let's make some more assumptions about it".

What is new here, really?

i though titan would replace wow spots but how things going now days i dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is Activision we are talking about...with their CoD premium services. I think you are spot on. I am calling it now, project can be summed up in one mathematical phrase:

future battle.net = skynet

....you do realize Activision is unloading ALL of its shares in blizzard, right? by the time Titan comes out, blizzard will be owned by an entirely different company, lol

Not happy about the in game advertisements, If Blizzard is trying to boost their reputation, this isn't going to help...

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post

Official Wallpaper!
    Ahahahaha... AMAZING!

(Don't take me wrong, I can't wait for Titan!)

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Could this somehow be related to an annual pass?
    Why do you say that; because it says "complimentary"? It doesn't mean "this game will be free as a complimentary bonus to paying for WoW", but rather "this game will be synergistic with (or "compliments") WoW".

Though it could be both

Also if they mean it will compliment WoW, then my subscription fee to WoW should pay for both, right?

If it doesn't, there's no way in hell Blizzard's taking a second sub fee from me, especially when they can barely manage one sub MMO. (Let alone a broken down mess of two other games, but that's for another thread )
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-08-14 at 07:33 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.