Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    That video isn't showing problems with the game. It's showing that the player playing is very good at playing..... with his foot on the mouse.
    It's showing a mouse issue that seems to only happen with some mice in some games. If this is the first time the poster has noticed it in a game, it will seem like a game issue.

Deleted
    If u could points us a more <<newer>> video and not from the the first BWE1 (28 april) we would be very happy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    If u could points us a more <<newer>> video and not from the the first BWE1 (28 april) we would be very happy :P
    .. it doesn't matter what BWE it is from, in this case. The 'issue' he is pointing out is not something that has changed from BWE to BWE. May not be something that CAN be changed due to being more on the user side than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's showing a mouse issue that seems to only happen with some mice in some games. If this is the first time the poster has noticed it in a game, it will seem like a game issue.
    I'm not actually talking about the random looking up he does, as I figured something was happening there, but his general control over the camera. It is very poor throughout the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    I'm not actually talking about the random looking up he does, as I figured something was happening there, but his general control over the camera. It is very poor throughout the video.
    He is referring to the random looking up, however. It's kind of like someone showing you a picture of a bear that came into their backyard and you pointing out that his grass isn't cut. Not really relevant to what he is showing you.

I am using the normal camera settings in the game, with adjusted rotation speed and I have never had the problem shown in the video. I'm not sure but it's probably because I always have the right mouse button held down while playing to have total control of the camera at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by PropayneLOL View Post
    I am using the normal camera settings in the game, with adjusted rotation speed and I have never had the problem shown in the video. I'm not sure but it's probably because I always have the right mouse button held down while playing to have total control of the camera at all times.
    The problem is one that only occurs when the right mouse button is held down. Again, it's not a game issue. It's an issue on the users side, that doesn't happen to all people. If it's more common than once every play session, you (referring to the person with the issue) should probably replace your mouse.

Deleted
    Hmm i havn't experienced any problems that are being outlined, must be a player issue instead of a game related one.
    You might also want to look into the free camera setting.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy1 View Post
    Hmm i havn't experienced any problems that are being outlined, must be a player issue instead of a game related one.
    You might also want to look into the free camera setting.
    Just cause you don't experience it, doesn't mean it isn't there. People are different in so many ways. FoV is a good example of that. Some can handle a certain amount fov in their games, others will puke after a few minutes of it. People are different. So dismissing all concerns as a player issue rather than a game issue is ignorant.

Its not a few people having the issue, I would say the majority of solid PvPers are seeing the issue. The guy in the video has actually PvPed a lot from what I was seeing and here's why I say that: He strafes 90% of the time ( I actually think the strafe is 75% of the problem) and he uses cover ( or tries to) and by Cover I mean he tries to stay close to shielding objects to " strafe behind" when animations of other players warn him of impending spell. He understands positioning ( trys to be on high ground a lot) or get the upper hand using Archways/Big boulders/Bridge support posts/ anything to help in a LOS situation.

So those saying he's a crappy player and all the camera problems are his fault probably don't do any of the things he TRIES to do, he even stops at one point soon in the match and tries to fix his camera in the options and the reason he does this is because he tried to place a marker spell properly but he's close to a wall perfectly centered on the walkway mid corner of the building and the camera Zooms him in and tries to rotate on the corner of the building, he clearly landed the spell at a perfect 45 off the corner of the building thanks to the GAME placing it upon the Games zoom. He's perfectly positioned for strafe/counter attacking and the games camera is zooming in and out and turning, not his mouse. I have found dozens of areas in the game where you stop in a certain place and the Game will rotate your camera and zoom into FPS mode and back out again taking 2-3 seconds before it decides what is best. This has nothing to do with the player, it's all about the games camera and its general problem with zooming and rotating on objects. From my experience the objects don't even have to be close, even as far as 10 yards/meters away.

Multiple times, as he runs through doorways, the camera zooms into the back of his head then back out again, the game has a fetish with objects almost to the point of wanting you to auto zoom in on objects to observe them but not always, it depends on your position and orientation to the object. According to some of you it's not the cameras fault it zooms, it's the person or his Mouse Zooming and panning to an object. The camera should NEVER, EVER zoom unless I zoom it.........period and it does, frequently in their tight PvP maps.

The other problem that directly relates to the crappy zoom is the FOV of the player, if the game allowed 2x the zoom it allows, it still wouldn't be considered good IMHO. on my 27" monitor my character is 3" tall, probably 1/5 the total screen which enhances the auto zoom/turn when in relation to objects that pop into your view. The camera doesn't even keep you centered on its zoom, it usually tries to push up above your head so you automatically try and adjust but your adjustment is based on mid stroke camera zoom. This is why the player in the video is always looking like he's looking at his feet/walls/ground because he's trying to adjust to something he didn't have any natural effect on.

I should be able to set my character to 1" tall centered on my screen and stay put, if I pan up/down and an object gets in the way it should block my view, this isn't rocket science.

I will take all your advise and proclaim I'm just a bad player who doesn't stand in wide open areas hoping the enemies stand still, I will have to learn the ways of good players that don't strafe, run in tight places, use cover, run up stairways with walls on one side, or turn 180 degrees to stun someone chasing me. The game is great, the camera is awesome......every other camera like Warhammer, Aion, SWToR, STO, WoW, DoaC, 1996s Underlight etc. etc. were obviously broke

So what mouse does this game require, I have several but prefer my one of my 2 Nagas, maybe my Steelseries, Logitech, Microsoft, It doesn't appear i need 20-30 keybinds like you do with SWToR and its terrible camera.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    Just cause you don't experience it, doesn't mean it isn't there. People are different in so many ways. FoV is a good example of that. Some can handle a certain amount fov in their games, others will puke after a few minutes of it. People are different. So dismissing all concerns as a player issue rather than a game issue is ignorant.
    And that is a problem with this whole camera thing, I don't want to argue about FOV and Peripheral vision but GW2 does have an issue with zoom and natural positioning of the FOV. Next it's going to be the players fault they get sick while playing the game because it has a 3rd person character stuck in a FPS view.

Deleted
    I am sorry Miah ....

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    The camera should NEVER, EVER zoom unless I zoom it.........period and it does, frequently in their tight PvP maps.
    Nope, the camera should be focused on the player and react to the terrain (as it does). I don't know about you, but I'd rather see what's going on around me than not seeing anything because a box/tree/wall/other obstruction was in my way.

But then, I adapt to the changes easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    I am sorry Miah ....
    You never said people didn't know how to play and that's why their camera goes Berserker all the time and since you were so nice, here's your recent video you asked for, granted he has learned to fight in wide open spaces but when he's a bad player and decides to fight in tight spaces he obviously doesnt use his mouse properly and starts zooming/rotating unnaturally. That's not actually all together true though, near the end, he does pick a fight in the open but unfortunately there's 4 light posts causing zoom in/out as he tries to circle his oppponent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XeTD...ayer_embedded#!
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-08-14 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    First of all , when i said that hes a bad player ...
    I told u , before i delete my post and apologise , that Zoom in camera was always there 4 months now . While we having only 3 bgs and thousand of videos ....
    At the first video the camera goes bersek (looking up) . That problem i thought u are refering
    What is ur problem ?
    Zoom in of Bersek ?

Deleted
    The camera should NEVER, EVER zoom unless I zoom it.........period and it does, frequently in their tight PvP maps.
    Whats the alternative then? I am 100% serious.

You say that the camera should never dummy in (not zoom, that is different but similar, just so that we all know what we are talking about), but what do you want the camera to do when there's an object in the way?

Deleted
    5:43
    I see and understand ur problem
    Make an official thread at 25 august

But we are facing 2 options here
    1) Leave as it is > ppl will quit
    2) Disable it > forcing ur camera to see throught walls + ppl will have problems with the clock tower (ajusting every time the zoom in and out ) . And in the end demanting from the company , not even once again to make an <<indoor>> map

Again make a thread in the officials

Edit: Ah ...
    U mean the lights-trees interecting with ur camera , while i thought u hated the auto-ajust when u enter <<inddors>>
    Need some sleep ....
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-14 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Whats the alternative then? I am 100% serious.

You say that the camera should never dummy in (not zoom, that is different but similar, just so that we all know what we are talking about), but what do you want the camera to do when there's an object in the way?
    When an object is in my way then I need to move to get it out of the way, the camera shouldn't Rotate or Zoom for me. If I fight in the middle of an open area and I rotate 360 degrees the camera has not need to zoom in on 4 skinny light posts in a wide open area. If my foe is 180 degrees in front of me with a skinny little light post 180 behind and 20 yards away from me, why should the camera zoom into the back of my head.

If I'm in a large area, I don't feel I should have to move because the games camera is infatuated with a lightpost that has nothing to do with whats 20 yards around me

Free Camera option, check it, problem solved (for the OP that is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Nope, the camera should be focused on the player and react to the terrain (as it does). I don't know about you, but I'd rather see what's going on around me than not seeing anything because a box/tree/wall/other obstruction was in my way.
    ^this

It's worth noting that the WoW camera acts almost exactly the same. The only time it "zooms when it shouldn't" is when you rotate the camera a certain distance at a certain speed, and it's so very slight that it really doesn't cause any gameplay issues.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 01:11 PM ----------

-snip-
    and the games camera is zooming in and out and turning, not his mouse
    -snip-
    Fact: my camera only turned when I told it to. The only zooming it does automatically is when I'm already turning the camera with the mouse very rapidly, and then it's a temporary thing to help the camera position where I want it to more quickly, and thus does not actually affect my gameplay.

I don't know what settings or actions are causing other people's cameras to act on their own. I have no idea how to replicate what I am seeing in videos from other people, and I have no idea how to prevent it. But I know what *I* saw on *my* screen, and it did not match what's been shown in videos, not once.

Clearly, whatever you people are doing... is not what I'm doing. And I didn't really do anything that special. I increased my camera turn speed, turned off free camera, and that's it. So it's nothing complicated, but from what I hear doing this doesn't fix it for you. So I have no idea what else you could do.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-14 at 06:13 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.