Deleted

EU pre-purchase query

I've spent a lot of time looking but can't seem to find a definitive answer, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

If I buy a digital pre-purchase copy of the game from the GW2 website with my country marked as 'Hungary', will this have any affect on me playing in the UK or elsewhere in the EU or will there be no difference as long as they are both situated within the EU?

Cheers.

Deleted
    As far as I know, no, there should be no difference. You ought to be able to play from anywhere just fine.

I think that the only difference is EU/US, and I believe they might even be working on a fix for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrazor View Post
    I've spent a lot of time looking but can't seem to find a definitive answer, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

If I buy a digital pre-purchase copy of the game from the GW2 website with my country marked as 'Hungary', will this have any affect on me playing in the UK or elsewhere in the EU or will there be no difference as long as they are both situated within the EU?

Cheers.
    Within EU, very unlikely. EU copy is geolocked to Europe, which should include entire continental Europe. You will not be able to play outside Europe at all due to region lock, but you're good to go as long as you stay inside.

I have a EU copy and so far have been able to play US quite easily. Each BWE I have had main server as Sorrows Furnace. Going to settle in EU simply due to a better ping at the German Servers but I was seriously considering Sorrows Furnace until recently now its Desolation. Put my Country as UK.

Quote Originally Posted by niblic3rd View Post
    I have a EU copy and so far have been able to play US quite easily. Each BWE I have had main server as Sorrows Furnace. Going to settle in EU simply due to a better ping at the German Servers but I was seriously considering Sorrows Furnace until recently now its Desolation. Put my Country as UK.
    You can play on US servers as long as you're using an EU copy playing from EU location and vice versa. The lock-in is not on servers but on your geographical location. I.e. if you move from EU to US with your EU copy, you will not be able to log in at all. Same for someone going from US to EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    You can play on US servers as long as you're using an EU copy playing from EU location and vice versa. The lock-in is not on servers but on your geographical location. I.e. if you move from EU to US with your EU copy, you will not be able to log in at all. Same for someone going from US to EU.
    Ah oki I got wrong end of the stick. Thanks for clearing it up.

you can be "guest" at servers at US the only friend I have that plays Guild wars 2 are at USA.