Beta-> retail, or seperate download?

Will I have to completely redownload the client and update or can I update through the beta client? Also, if I can't update to retail version via beta client, any idea when the retail is made available?

Ignore this response.
    Last edited by shaw0050; 2012-08-14 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Wrong forum

Beta client can be updated to retail, you don't need to re-download the entire client. The client is being updated regularly even now, every couple of days or so. You can continue updating it now in small chunks instead of having a huge amount of data to download on launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw0050 View Post
    In general, you'll have to redownload for the launch of any Blizzard game.
    Wrong game forum.

Whoops. My bad. I saw this from the Recent Posts on the main page. Ignore my response.

Deleted
    I've read that we will only have to update it to retail version. Shaw, you're probably talking about a wrong game. This is Guild Wars 2 forum, and the game is developed by ArenaNet, not Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had them confirm it back in July that you will not need to redownload the whole game.
    https://twitter.com/newman_justin40/...86754410831873

10+ Year Old Account
    Like mofo said, there's no need to redownload it. Simply keep checking for game updates every few days, you'll be able to use the same client from beta for retail.

they didn't link some new client for us to download and we're now 10days to pre-release so it's fair to assume it's the same.
    im gonna start updating this weekend but some just updated their client since few days after last beta.

Closing.

--Fencers