Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supports are amazing to have, If they are played correctly and know how to prioritize who to keep alive first ect they can be game changing. I've played so many games where we were being shat on then when it came to teamfights with Sorakas triple heal (Heal spell also) we just wiped the floor with the enemy who were dominating us during lane phase.

If they are played right, with a team strategically picked and decent players you will almost always win. Unless your vsing a Diana then your fucked

Deleted
    nope supports suck, and by that i mean the ward bitches ones with only gold gain items. when i go support i mostly buy ap items and taking it more aggressive, like sona/nunu/lux. I dont take the farm of the ad , but i will grab kills ofc, warding not as much as full ward bitch, but i think it should be more the job of the whole team to ward. Because if I have zero items and only max spells which help my carry, then carry gets caught out of position or insta gibbed in team fights and the support cant do anything useful and look what the nice farmed carry brought to the table for your sacrifice, nothing duhhh. Really think assists should be given a huge gold buff in the support tree maybe as ult, to let the supporters get some items too and not just, ward ward, destroy ward, silence, run... and like said before its such an unrewarding job, carrys is doing shit well gratz your going down with him because you are useless, and guess whos fault it is, of course yours, if he does good he will just go into super douche mode thinking he is the king of the universe.

I for myself would favor longer games because they are so intense, longer games would be achieved by duo lanes where farm and exp are shared, but most of the hight elo game and tournaments merly last 30 minutes. but in the current meta which i dont like this will never happen.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Supports are amazing to have, If they are played correctly and know how to prioritize who to keep alive first ect they can be game changing. I've played so many games where we were being shat on then when it came to teamfights with Sorakas triple heal (Heal spell also) we just wiped the floor with the enemy who were dominating us during lane phase.

If they are played right, with a team strategically picked and decent players you will almost always win. Unless your vsing a Diana then your fucked
    IoI who to keep alive first, you picture it like supporters are wow healers, with heals who actually do something or multi heals or shields plz, in most cases i find myself withethe following situation: duh i put xyz on that low ally but he died anyways, i am so useful!!!! cant count the times ad got killed under the tower with me throwing everything on him but the enemy wasnt impressed at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    nope supports suck, and by that i mean the ward bitches ones with only gold gain items. when i go support i mostly buy ap items and taking it more aggressive, like sona/nunu/lux. I dont take the farm of the ad , but i will grab kills ofc, warding not as much as full ward bitch, but i think it should be more the job of the whole team to ward. Because if I have zero items and only max spells which help my carry, then carry gets caught out of position or insta gibbed in team fights and the support cant do anything useful and look what the nice farmed carry brought to the table for your sacrifice, nothing duhhh. Really think assists should be given a huge gold buff in the support tree maybe as ult, to let the supporters get some items too and not just, ward ward, destroy ward, silence, run... and like said before its such an unrewarding job, carrys is doing shit well gratz your going down with him because you are useless, and guess whos fault it is, of course yours, if he does good he will just go into super douche mode thinking he is the king of the universe.

I for myself would favor longer games because they are so intense, longer games would be achieved by duo lanes where farm and exp are shared, but most of the hight elo game and tournaments merly last 30 minutes. but in the current meta which i dont like this will never happen.

IoI who to keep alive first, you picture it like supporters are wow healers, with heals who actually do something or multi heals or shields plz, in most cases i find myself withethe following situation: duh i put xyz on that low ally but he died anyways, i am so useful!!!! cant count the times ad got killed under the tower with me throwing everything on him but the enemy wasnt impressed at all
    I have to say, this is the WORST possible information you can possibly get.

So my Janna who gave all gold to the carry, saved my team by pressing R, gives a free BF sword by pressing E, has massive CC in the form of a slow and knockup (which interupts various of important shit), provides a team speedbuff with Shurelia, possible mitigation + damage from Aegis for the entire team, a Zekes or Wota whichever of my carries is fed beyond fuck, hell another shield from Locket which can save your asses hard ..

Yes, that's being absolutely useless. I rather have a Janna who acts as a semi carry, and brings absolutely nothing to the team (which supporting is the point).

Please, never ever support my pretty ass.

Deleted
    A lot of people are mixing up supports being bad and them being bad at supports. Support is the role people are the worst at since they never want to play them. Then when they do have to play them they don´t even try to learn to be good with them.

Supports are some of the best champions in the game because they don´t need items to be useful. If you actually think a underfarmed AP lux that steals kills from her carry is more useful than a 0 CS Leona or Janna you must be really bad at support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supports are wonderful but it depends on your ELO which support you should play.
    My friends and I have found that in our ELO 1200-1500 that Brusier, AD Carry or even Double Bruiser is really strong!

Pantheon and Jarvan are one of the best supports for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    nope supports suck, and by that i mean the ward bitches ones with only gold gain items. when i go support i mostly buy ap items and taking it more aggressive, like sona/nunu/lux. I dont take the farm of the ad , but i will grab kills ofc, warding not as much as full ward bitch, but i think it should be more the job of the whole team to ward. Because if I have zero items and only max spells which help my carry, then carry gets caught out of position or insta gibbed in team fights and the support cant do anything useful and look what the nice farmed carry brought to the table for your sacrifice, nothing duhhh. Relly think assists should be given a huge gold buff in the support tree maybe as ult, to let the supporters get some items too and not just, ward ward, destroy ward, silence, run... and like said before its such an unrewarding job, carrys is doing shit well gratz your going down with him because you are useless, and guess whos fault it is, of course yours, if he does good he will just go into super douche mode thinking he is the king of the universe.

I'm sure it works below level 10 or 900 ELO, but in a real serious game you'd be even more useless than a support with good auras and proper warding, because you'd get caught and yournmediocre spells still couldn't win a 1v1.

Also, Sona, Lux and Nunu all have great peeling power in teamfights and under tower, so I don't know how your carry died so much in those cases.

There is a reason Xpecial from TSM beats every other Player of his team 1on1. Being a great support requires a lot of knowledge and is quite hard.

What most people don't understand is that bot lane is won by the support..not the ad carry! The Ad carry is too busy farming (and occasional traditrying to prevent the enemy carry from farming (harassing when he goes for a lasthit or just plain zoning) and allowing his carry to farm (proper warding / sustain or shield / zoning the enemy / setting up kills).

It's easy to be a bad support, still fairly easy to be a good support but very hard to be anamazing support.