Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Season end honor conversion 35 silver or copper?

At the end of the last few seasons it has been silver, now i read today it says copper. Is this a typo or a way to fuck the pvpers that do not raid out of their gold? This conversion is the way a lot of pvpers get their gold when they do not raid and are able to sell epic gems, gear, shards, and such for gold. Just curious on thoughts. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcbogey View Post
    At the end of the last few seasons it has been silver, now i read today it says copper. Is this a typo or a way to fuck the pvpers that do not raid out of their gold? This conversion is the way a lot of pvpers get their gold when they do not raid and are able to sell epic gems, gear, shards, and such for gold. Just curious on thoughts. Thanks
    So the only time a pvper gets any gold is at the end of a patch cycle. Calling bullshit on this one.

Hell also had you actually read the blue post it does say silver, so you're whining over nothing.

PvP Season 11 Ending Soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Arena and Rated Battleground Season 11 is scheduled to end on Wednesday, August 29. At that point, we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Cataclysmic Gladiator’s Twilight Drake to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 11 ends. The awarding of Season 11 titles and mounts will occur approximately 1 week after the season ends.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. There will be no cap on Honor until Mists of Pandaria is released on September 25. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.

All Season 11 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-90 players approximately one week after Mists of Pandaria launches. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable. Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings will all be wiped when Season 12 begins.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-08-15 at 12:11 AM.

there won't be an honor cap till MoP, so if you get 10k honor points you get 3.5k of gold.

sounds good enough to me. PvPers don't need a whole lot of gold because player damage doesn't break your gear. if you want more gold for luxuries, go after more gold like everybody.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So the only time a pvper gets any gold is at the end of an patch cycle. Calling bullshit on this one.
    Yea, the gold you get from winning BGs and arenas really picks up. Oh, and the 35 silver you loot from a body when you actually stop to click them instead of moving onto the next target.

But seriously, since when does this conversion ever give more than a laughable handful of gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found out that blizzard mistyped copper on the notes and corrected it to silver. It will grant me about 40k gold between my toons when it converts so would have been a big deal if it was copper. Also the first responder to this post makes me remeber why they had a short bus in school.

Quote Originally Posted by pcbogey View Post
    Found out that blizzard mistyped copper on the notes and corrected it to silver. It will grant me about 40k gold between my toons when it converts so would have been a big deal if it was copper. Also the first responder to this post makes me remeber why they had a short bus in school.
    I call shenanigans. 40k gold? That would mean you currently have 28.6 characters with the current cap of 4000 honor points.

(40,000 / .35 ) / 4000

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I call shenanigans. 40k gold? That would mean you currently have 28.6 characters with the current cap of 4000 honor points.

(40,000 / .35 ) / 4000
    Conquest points get transfered to honor points when the season ends. That alone helps alot. If you PVP'd for the whole season at semi-high rating you should have a HUGE amount of excess conquest points.

(40,000 / .35 ) / 4000
    Or he has THAT many conquest points. If you bothered to read the blue post AT ALL which you didn't, you would realize that Conquest goes to Honor, and all points over the honor cap goes to Gold at a rate of 35 silver per honor.

Please, learn to read before making accusations :/

Ummm, yeah I do know how to read. I would just assume that he has been purchasing wands and selling them for 38 silver a point instead of sitting on them to get 35 silver per point....

And with his excess honor buying shards, cloth, ore, whatever sells the best on his realm and converting it directly into gold via auction house.

It did say copper at first. It was a typo they fixed within the hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there won't be an honor cap till MoP, so if you get 10k honor points you get 3.5k of gold.

sounds good enough to me. PvPers don't need a whole lot of gold because player damage doesn't break your gear. if you want more gold for luxuries, go after more gold like everybody.

your gear gets damaged from pvping,but it does not when you die from another player.i can run some bgs for an hour or so.then go repair and the bill is easy 30g.is that alot,nope,but it still adds up.

High-level enchants and gems cost the same in PVP gear as PVE gear. Every high-level PVP caster has power torrent for example, @ a cost of 2,000g.

And yes, it makes a significant difference. I currently have 20,000 Conquest on my lock, and 18,000 (ish) on my priest. This is the difference between 13,300g to 133 g. I am glad it was a typo.

Plus, it makes more of a difference because I know I will be doing more and more BG's after the arena season ends, and the pre-mop patch hits in order to adjust to the changes. I wouldnt doubt if I had 50,000 conquest on my lock alone by the conversion.

Think about it this way, 500 honor for your first CTA or random victory * .35 = 175g, and 1/2 of that for every subsequent victory.

Did I read correctly that there will not be a cap after the season end? So before the conversion I can save up as much as I want?

Did I read correctly that there will not be a cap after the season end? So before the conversion I can save up as much as I want?
    That's how I understood it as well.

This sounds like the best way (not most profitable, but most fun/easy) to grind gold since you could buy epic gems with honor towards the end of Wrath.

Yeah, I remember BGing the end of wrath and selling the gems. I think I will just take the time when I play until MoP to go through all my alts and do the one random win each time I log in. Should be a nice chunk of gold. Probably make 15k gold for doing what I am already doing now, pvp.

I wish I had thought about this before I spent all my extra conquest buying a "prot" set for my DK though. I flag carry soooo much it has gotten so much use...