Personal Loot "Opt-in" Explanation

Hey everyone, first time posting here with a question: During the Blizzcon WoW Q&A panel, they said that loot for flex would work the same way as Master Loot with an Opt-in option for Personal Loot. I'm sure someone's asked about this before and I apologize, but could someone explain what was meant by this? Did they mean the group leader could set loot to "Personal Loot" or each individual player could opt-in individually? I haven't been able to find anymore information about this, many thanks!

It is my understanding that when you kill a boss on any difficulty level pre-mythic, you will get the option as to whether you want loot or not, as all formats pre-mythic have a shared loot lockout per boss.
    Now as to what happens in Master loot I am not sure, since at least in organised runs the ML shouldn't be forcing loot upon someone who does not want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am asking myself exactly the same and did some research. I couldn't find anything.

I am also a bit concerned because at the moment I 'flex' with oqueue and people I don't know. Personal loot is the best when you play in a pug.

I understood it as "the raid leader has the same menu as today, where he can set the lootmode. One of them is now personal loot"
    So friends can use master looter for sensible loot distribution and pugs can use personal loot to avoid drama, ninjalooting and ragequits.

Might be wrong though
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is my understanding that when you kill a boss on any difficulty level pre-mythic, you will get the option as to whether you want loot or not, as all formats pre-mythic have a shared loot lockout per boss.
    Do you mean that if you choose to loot boss #1 in LFR (Immerseus or whoever), you can't loot that boss on flex or heroic? That would be a big change from the present, where you can loot the boss once on each difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Do you mean that if you choose to loot boss #1 in LFR (Immerseus or whoever), you can't loot that boss on flex or heroic? That would be a big change from the present, where you can loot the boss once on each difficulty.
    That would be a bad idea, too.

"Hey dude, wanna come along on our normal mode run?"

"Oh, sorry, I killed them all in LFR this week... I can't get loot from them anymore."

"Oh, well... don't kill them in LFR next week, we might wanna do a run again next reset."

see the problem...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

We don't know because they haven't said yet; and they may still be figuring it out themselves (they have a while, yet.) I would suspect the raid leader will be able to set the raid to Master Looter or Personal Loot. For pugs, make sure you all agree in chat that loot will be set to personal so as to ensure you can take action if he/she switches it to master looter on the fly. Just set down the ground rules in pugs. I am glad this exists though as it will be good for guild runs of "normal" and "heroic" to get the loot to the people who need it and not be quite as beholden to the rng.

I HIGHLY doubt they are going to put LFR, Normal, and Heroic on the same loot lock out. I would be surprised if even Normal and Heroic shared a loot lock out, though they might. They said you can't switch on the fly anymore so it's not like you could do some bosses on normal and some on heroic like you do now. I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I understood it as "the raid leader has the same menu as today, where he can set the lootmode. One of them is now personal loot"
    So friends can use master looter for sensible loot distribution and pugs can use personal loot to avoid drama, ninjalooting and ragequits.

Might be wrong though
    This was my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

"Oh, sorry, I killed them all in LFR this week... I can't get loot from them anymore."

"Oh, well... don't kill them in LFR next week, we might wanna do a run again next reset."

see the problem...
    No I don't really see a problem. It's just going to require people to do LFR to get geared. If you run normals/heroics you shouldn't really need to run LFR, if you run LFR then odds are you aren't gonna do normals/heroics, so I don't really see much of a problem with them sharing a loot lockout. In fact, I'd prefer it.

at 8:02 ghostcrawller says the groupleader can set the group to personal loot

@loot once per boss
    Thats once per mode. They said something confusing like "you can get loot only once per boss", which was supposed to tell us that we can kill bosses multiple times per mode on normal and heroic now, but only get loot for the first kill per mode, which sounded like "only one loot per boss per weel total".
    They cleared that up later that they meant "once per mode per week"
    Last edited by owbu; 2013-11-12 at 08:15 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No I don't really see a problem. It's just going to require people to do LFR to get geared. If you run normals/heroics you shouldn't really need to run LFR, if you run LFR then odds are you aren't gonna do normals/heroics, so I don't really see much of a problem with them sharing a loot lockout. In fact, I'd prefer it.
    It discourages people from running with their friends if they've done LFR earlier in the week, or discourages them from running LFR in case their friends MIGHT want to do a run later in the week.

Frankly, if you want to burn yourself out farming three raid difficulties, I've no pity for a situation you voluntarily put yourself in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

see the problem...
    I don't think that's what they mean with "Loot locked on any difficulty". I think what Ion Hozzikostastattatsts (or whatever his name is) meant is that there are no more boss-locks on the difficulties (apart from maybe Mythic). Meaning you only get "loot-locked" so you can do all bosses on any difficulty as many times as you want every week (unlike normal now, fx.), but you'll only get loot once. I think he meant that we'll be using the Flex lockout system for all difficulties now (still not sure about Mythic).

So you should still be able to do all four difficulties each week with a chance on loot (although different ilvl versions) four times from the same boss. Just like today.