Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Solo'ing Old Content at Lvl 90

At level 90, how high are we going to be able to solo old content?

I loved trying to see how far I could solo old raids on my Death Knight. At 85 I had some trouble with the Burning Crusade 25 mans. I wonder if we'll be strong enough to solo 10 man level 80 or maybe even 85 raids.

I know Blizz had discussed squashing the damage/health so we couldn't solo. I don't have Beta access so I haven't fiddled around at 90.

People already solo'ed most, if not all that is possible, of WotLK.

And well, some in Cata. I guess we could do more in FL, but most fight's have mechanics which make it impossible to solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

I've been able to solo some 10 man wrath raids with no issues on my paladin as ret/prot. Ran ulduar 10 for most of my transmog set with no issues. Even solo'd Marrowgar at no issues as prot. I'm sure it'll make most lvl 80 stuff soloable on at least 10 man if not some 25 man fights once we get farther into the expansion.

Why would you want to solo content other than to get achievements you no longer have and/or loot?

Half the fun of doing old content with my boyfriend was to make a small profit of gold.. and in MoP they ruined the way the money off bosses works.. So screw that noise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    Why would you want to solo content other than to get achievements you no longer have and/or loot?

Half the fun of doing old content with my boyfriend was to make a small profit of gold.. and in MoP they ruined the way the money off bosses works.. So screw that noise!
    I recently switched one of my professions to tailoring and am in the Frostweave section of things so have been soloing Wrath 5-mans since it's as good a way to collect Frostweave as any other. My other profession is enchanting. So, disenchanting the gear drops which mostly turns into infinite dust and higher has been very profitable. Infinite dust goes for 6g-8g per unit on my server so a couple of stacks is decent gold for a few minutes work. As well, the frostweave goes to armor and such which also gets disenchanted. I've been easily making between 2K-3K a week. It's not huge but it's steady and it builds up pretty quickly with everything else.

As an 85 DK you should already be strong enough to solo a lot of 10-man Wrath content if you're in current gear. Naxx, Ulduar, Onyxia are easy; TotC is supposedly easy after Northrend Beasts; ICC can't be soloed past the lootboat due to mechanics but a lot of the fights afterwards are on the cusp of doable.

As a very rough guide Wrath 25-man and Cata 10-man stuff in T14 gear should be about the same as TBC 25/Wrath 10 stuff was in T11, maybe even a little easier. There is a soloing thread in the DK subforum, but not much information yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing I want to become soloable is that damn ToC, the 5 man. I hate how that stupid jousting event at the beginning can't be soloed. Maybe if I had more self healing and more dps I could just start the jousting, hop off and blow them up, but I just can't do that yet.

Deleted
    I just hope they will finally remove the requirement to be in a group to enter raids. But i will have 8 other classes to try out solo'ing next expac Since i wont feel bad when that rare mount drops on my alt instead of main.

I know this will be shocking to you but looting gold from a boss isn't the only reason to solo raids.

my hope? Naxx 10! I love that place to bits, and would kill to have a chance on some good stuff there. Maybe even naxx 25?

Actually I find when you go back and solo stuff you can take your time and look around, and some of the designs are really amazing and you don't usually have time to pay much attention in LFD/PUGs. Not much reason to farm them anymore though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have already soloed 90% of Ulduar 10, Naxx 10 and some 1-boss level 80 raids.
    ToC 10 is gearcheck at northrend beasts but it can be done in current heroic tier gear.
    I have tried soloing in MoP beta (85), our dps seems to be lower (somewhat buffed this week) but the self heals are even better then ever.
    Also tried soloing in Mop Beta with 85 demo lock and bear but blood DK wins by far.

By the middle of MoP I am pretty sure you will be able to solo most of the lvl 85 10man/normal content unless some kinky boss mechanics prevent you from doing so.

Going with the following setup for the content:

Protection Paladin
    Affliction Warlock/Balance Druid

Not quite sure yet, but from what I get, Ulduar, Naxx and some 1 boss raids from 80 should be possible?

cool! can't wait

Except for raiding end-game, I usually play WoW when I have some free time and that's usually solo. So I enjoy going back and seeing what I can really handle, especially as a tank. Trying to solo old raid bosses is a good way to learn how to survive and it's enjoyable to me. Getting rare mounts or gear is cool too.

For the challenge, the fun, the seeing that content again and bring back memories, Sort of atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a well geared blood DK you could probably solo anything that actually can be solo'd. The sad part...BWL will still be unsoloable. Razorgore be damned!

Deleted
    I have just tried to solo Kael'thas in TK. Everything was damn easy as demo, all in the room, no separating of the adds. However, with Wild Imps, you basically get an insta-MC, so not cool. I took basically no damage too

Using demo will be easy for all other fights though. Any fight without a mind control mechanic will be cake.

As affliction, I managed to get past the adds and everything fine, but struggled a bit on Kael himself. Since he is % based attack wise, he still hurts a bit It might also be that I'm not used to where things are on my terrible beta UI. I think it's definitely do-able though. Full epic PvP gear currently, no gems and only 4% hit. Item lvl 482. So as the expansion goes on, will get even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of BC/Classic content besides bosses who are 100% impossible to solo
    Almost all 10m Wrath content, obviously besides bosses who are impossible to solo.
    Maybe some 25m Wrath content.
    Possibly some 10m Cata raid bosses. Atramedes/Omnitron have already been soloed by a Hunter, normal AND heroic Alysrazor have been soloed via mechanic exploit, and Al'Akir has been 2-manned.

The only bosses who I can see soloable due to easy mechanics are:
    -Atramedes (ranged only)
    -Omintron
    -Alysrazor
    -Al'Akir
    -Yor'saahj
    -Occu'thar
    -Valiona/Theralion
    -Morchok
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it look possible to 2 man most of ICC 25 at 90 by the looks of things currently?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've given up all hope of getting T2 because none of my friends or guildies or even my boyfriend are interested in transmog and achievements as much as I am. Dammit Razorgore ;-;

T8 is my all time favourite teir. especially for druids and priests. I was very unfortunate to no obtain a single teir piece or kill Yogg when it was current content. I'm hoping there will be no mechanics that require a tag-along so I can collect sets without having to bug any one and have fun while doing so.