Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    You also got to think that when Kobe came in he wasn't the best player on the team like Lebron was. Kobe was a true rookie Lebron was the caption of the team before the season even started it's just different circumstances on how they started there first years in the NBA.
    Kobe wasn't the best player on his team until 2003, his 8th year in the league. Prior to that his first couple years were as a lesser role and then they brought in Shaq for the bulk of those years before Kobe ran him out of town.

Alright that wasn't fair. Kobe was the best guy on his team in his 7th year in the league, the last year of the Kobe/Shaq combo before they did make the proper choice of who to keep and who to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Jordan is smarter and more skilled in every way. Jordan > LeBron
    Troof
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-23 at 01:47 AM.

Jordan is smarter and more skilled in every way. Jordan > LeBron
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan might be smarter then Lebron who knows but Lebron is way more skilled. Like him or not Lebron has better genetics,size,speed and is harder to guard then Jordan. Lebron can play 1-4 Jordan can play maybe 1-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clarence Withers

I'm not even a fan but, Kobe Bryant by FAR is the best player of all time

he beats everyone in records.

and thats proof.

just cause you say "omg lebron is best cause he plays better" .. thats your opinion.

Kobe has actual records and statistics that back him up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    I'm not even a fan but, Kobe Bryant by FAR is the best player of all time

he beats everyone in records.

and thats proof.

just cause you say "omg lebron is best cause he plays better" .. thats your opinion.

Kobe has actual records and statistics that back him up.
    Kobe has 0 records. He isn't the highest scoring player of all time, he doesn't have the most rings, he doesn't have the most MVPs, he never scored the most points in a game. I can't think of a single record Kobe actually has in fact. I'd love to see your "proof" that Kobe is the greatest player ever when all the numbers disagree just like they disagree that he was better than LeBron to equal points in their careers.

Jordan, there is no point debating.

Michael Jordan

if anyone thinks otherwise, go watch his 2 x three peats championship games on Youtube. the word 'amazing' is not enough to describe on how much he brought into his games and the sport.

I really don't see anyone that compares to Michael Jackson when he played for the Chicago Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I really don't see anyone that compares to Michael Jackson when he played for the Chicago Bulls.
    Michael Jackson huh?

I'm pretty sure Kobe knows that Kareem's record for career points is just way out of reach at this point in his career. Jordan isn't very far off though. I think that's where Kobe wants to be when he retires. He's currently 5th with just under 30000 points and Jordan finished with 32292. This will change no one's opinion that Jordan was better, but I think it's something a guy as competitive as Bryant would shoot for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kobe knows that Kareem's record for career points is just way out of reach at this point in his career. Jordan isn't very far off though. I think that's where Kobe wants to be when he retires. He's currently 5th with just under 30000 points and Jordan finished with 32292. This will change no one's opinion that Jordan was better, but I think it's something a guy as competitive as Bryant would shoot for.
    It is still baffling that Karl Malone is second on the points list. Kobe is 1,500 behind Wilt so he could get there this year with some injury luck. He only needs to average 23 points over the next 70 games to break that. But ya, Kareem's record is probably out of reach. Assuming he averages 27 points per game, his average over the last two season, which is going to be tough/impossible to maintain at his age, he needs another 318 games to pass Kareem. That is exactly the next 70 games of this year and all 82 the following three seasons. If he did keep up this pace, he would reach Kareem's record around 70 games faster than Kareem did which would be pretty damn incredible considering Kareem played at least a good chunk of his career in the more scoring happy era of big stat lines.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wilt played in 1205 games Kobe played in over 1400 games Kareem played in 1560 games and Karl Malone played in 1476... Just think if wilt played in 200-300 more games how much more points he would have had then all three of those guys probably about another 8000 points.

Malone had arguably the best point guard* of all time tossing him the ball for years. Stockton is, by any metric, the best assist man in the league's history. Also people seem to forget how good those Stockton/Malone Jazz teams were because they ran into the Jordan buzzsaw so often.

*I'd accept the argument that Magic was a better all around PG than Stockton. Magic was a slightly better scorer and fairly a equal defender. I think his ability to pass was about as good as Stockton, but he played a more aggressive, driving style. But I think it's a two horse race at that position, with all due respect to Isiah and Oscar Robertson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just the greatest NBA player of all time, but also one of the greatest human beings of all time, Charles Barkley.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't choose.. but if i had a big 3 - "Jordan, Bird and Johnson

15+ Year Old Account
    From where I sit, the 90s were the greatest period in the NBA, and MJ was unarguably the greatest player of that period. Kobe and LeBron are amazing players, they're in the pantheon, but Michael is on the throne.

"There's Michael Jordan and then there's the rest of us."
    -Magic Johnson

I honestly don't know how a Jordan-Lebron in-their-prime 1v1 would play out though. LeBron is an incredibly gifted athlete and a basketball genius, and he's got size on Jordan. Greatness is not just skills though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    I honestly don't know how a Jordan-Lebron in-their-prime 1v1 would play out though. LeBron is an incredibly gifted athlete and a basketball genius, and he's got size on Jordan. Greatness is not just skills though.
    Jordan would probably destroy him. Jordan does every single thing LeBron does as well if not better with the possible exception of passing. Jordan had a far superior post game that would probably pay big dividends in a 1v1 situation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    just my opinion but when i think of the greatest micheal jordan is the top of my list, my top 5 in no particular order, other than jordan being 1st would be, wilt chamerlain, larry bird, kobe bryant and lebron james