Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oscar Robinson.

Hard to put jordan and lebraun up there due to the lack of calls against stars in the modern game.

This shouldnt even be a topic

Its Jordan and nobody else is even remotely close

taking into account across the board improvement of athletes pure athleticism Id have to say it's the greatest player playing right now. kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    This shouldnt even be a topic

Its Jordan and nobody else is even remotely close
    Dat Chicago bias shinin' like the sun.

David Robinson. Excellent on the court, as well as being an Olympian, was in the Naval Academy, has built a school, and the list goes on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other then MJ. probably Karem. They changed the rules because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    Well, you can't deny Wilt the Stilt is one of the all-time greats, but you have to put it in perspective: He was a giant compared to the other players. One of the few players to really match him in his prime was Bill Russel, there's no way he would have averaged ridiculous numbers like 50ppg and 20rpg had he played 10-20 years later. Have you seen him shoot freethrows? Quite funny actually, go look it up
    Well, I hear that argument a lot while comparing players of the older generation, and I usually agree, but I think Wilt would be a giant in any era. His athleticism was simply mind boggling.
    - He was 7'1"
    - He benched 500lbs
    - He ran 100m in 10.90
    - He ran the 440m in 49.00
    - His high jump was 6'6"
    - He had a 50" vertical leap

I mean, that's faster, stronger, and better leaping ability than any athlete today, in the last 10 years, and probably in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Lol, Durant > Lebron? What are you smoking
    Easily. I love how people consider harden and westbrook superstars when infact it is durant that makes them look great. Its like how moe williams became an all star with lebron. Durant is still very young and will easily beat lebron in the coming years. Especially because of lebrons issue with age and athleticism. Just give it another 3-4 years and you will see lebron slow down. Once he slows down defenders will have an easier time with him. The only reason why lebron is good now is because there is no one in the league big enough to guard him 1 on 1. Ill give him credit that hes freakishly a gift to nature with that size and speed. Ever wonder why wilt chamberlain dominated with 35 ppg and 25 rpg seasons? No one was big enough to guard him. Name one person as big as lebron with his speed. Not even one. How do you think the other teams can match up against him. Whoever even brings lebron in this debate is blindsided by media

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Well, I hear that argument a lot while comparing players of the older generation, and I usually agree, but I think Wilt would be a giant in any era. His athleticism was simply mind boggling.
    - He was 7'1"
    - He benched 500lbs
    - He ran 100m in 10.90
    - His high jump was 6'6"

I mean, that's faster, stronger, and better leaping ability than any athlete today, in the last 10 years, and probably in NBA history.
    This is the same case with Lebron. There is no one big enough with his speed whos able to honestly guard him 1 on 1. That kind of advantage doesnt mean great in my books. Great in my books is when you had legit people able to guard your star player and he still shines on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    - He was 7'1"
    - He benched 500lbs
    - He ran 100m in 10.90
    - His high jump was 6'6"

Wow, ok, he was a freak of an athlete, but I still think he wouldn't have averaged what he averaged back then. He would be an all star/superstar now, but no way he'd do what he did back then. Still incredibly impressive though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    My vote for Michael Jordan. It is the only NBA player that I really cared about, so my vote goes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Easily. I love how people consider harden and westbrook superstars when infact it is durant that makes them look great. Its like how moe williams became an all star with lebron. Durant is still very young and will easily beat lebron in the coming years. Especially because of lebrons issue with age and athleticism. Just give it another 3-4 years and you will see lebron slow down. Once he slows down defenders will have an easier time with him. The only reason why lebron is good now is because there is no one in the league big enough to guard him 1 on 1. Ill give him credit that hes freakishly a gift to nature with that size and speed. Ever wonder why wilt chamberlain dominated with 35 ppg and 25 rpg seasons? No one was big enough to guard him. Name one person as big as lebron with his speed. Not even one. How do you think the other teams can match up against him. Whoever even brings lebron in this debate is blindsided by media

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:52 AM ----------

This is the same case with Lebron. There is no one big enough with his speed whos able to honestly guard him 1 on 1. That kind of advantage doesnt mean great in my books. Great in my books is when you had legit people able to guard your star player and he still shines on a consistent basis.
    Wow, look at this guy. I guess we should start discounting the majority of stars to ever play.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most amazing thing about Wilt well besides the fact that he Avg. 50 points a game that will never be broken and the 100 point game which has a bigger chance of being broken is the fact that he avg. like 45 mins a game or some shit. Magic Johnson was a more well rounded player then Jordan he could play the 1-5 which no other player can do except maybe L.James but even then L.James can't pass nearly as good as M.Johnson could. It's tough to really call because of era's and changing zone defenses,shot clocks, and free agency. I could do a list for every position thou.

Center: Wilt the Stilt
    Power Forward: Tim Duncan
    Foward: Larry Bird (I will regrettably have to change it to LBJ at the end of his career)
    Shooting guard: Michael Jordan
    Point Guard: Magic Johnson (there is better pure point guards but nobody that can do what magic does and play D on any of the other teams players.
    As far as greatest out of those five it would have to be either Wilt or Magic.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-08-16 at 01:59 PM.

i'm of the ilk that would rather separate and rank based on era's.. but, the thing about Wilt that stands out the most to me is his minutes played & minutes averaged.. they are just astronomically staggering.. i don't think anyone could come close to breaking those records.. i think lebron is closest with almost 40 minutes per game.. while Wilt was 45.. which is just crazy..

in 1962.. he averaged 48.52 minutes PER GAME.. while there's only 48 minutes in a game.. yeah.. think about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan in basketball is like Federer in tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Wow, look at this guy. I guess we should start discounting the majority of stars to ever play.
    According to your logic Wilt chamberlain should be the best player. His stats blow Mj out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kobe Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    According to your logic Wilt chamberlain should be the best player. His stats blow Mj out of the water.
    I didn't make a single mention of stats. Just pointing out how ludicrous your shit is because you basically discount athleticism in a fucking professional sport.

You are also give Durant way too much credit by downplaying the roles of Harden and Westbrook. Get a grip.
    Last edited by jreg; 2012-08-17 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Jordan nuff' said.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah gonna go with Michael Jordan too.

Interesting that most proposals are for players who played (at their prime) a decade ago or more. Lebron being the main exception. Of course you need time to assess a player's career in full before you can make a final decision, but does anyone see another top 5 of all time in the making right now, besides Lebron James?

I agree Chamberlain is an odd one out too. Yes he was amazing, and very athletically gifted, and everything else, but especially in his case you need to put him in context of the era he played in and opposition he played against.