Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    I wonder if its worth coining in LFR for tier tokens? I've yet to get a single piece of tier gear and I've got 3 522 offset pieces, so its pretty much a downgrade no matter how you slice it...maybe once I start getting actual tier tokens and the bonus.

Is the 2pc as bad as I suspect it is?
    It's annoying more than anything else given that the orbs spawn like 8 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by dishi View Post
    1. is it worth wild to macroing synapse springs to rising sun kick? I do use it on CD 85% time but there are time where i delay 5 to 10 sec for aoe or boss debuff or etc.
    If there's frequent burst aoe phases on an encounter (bats on Tortos, ball lightning on Lei Shen), it might be worth using SS with energising brew. Both have a 1 min cd, and both benefit SCK quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It's annoying more than anything else given that the orbs spawn like 8 yards away.
    Which is surprising, considering I remember the BrM orbs spawning right on top of me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well in other news, just got my normal RoR (sucks it wasn't Thunderforged). Cannot wait to test it out in raid tomorrow. Played around with it on the target dummy and saw a noticeable jump in dps. AMR though is acting up on stat priority and forcing Mastery as higher; all while trying to keep the values near each other. Was running into an issue where my stat value for master was over crit and haste, but was getting results where haste was a hair over mastery by a few points. Already posted the enhancement on the AMR technical support forums.

TF version dropped for us yday but the RL gave it to the feral cause he didnt like my 1 april joke when i putted loads of woolcloth in the bank ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Madcowlol View Post
    TF version dropped for us yday but the RL gave it to the feral cause he didnt like my 1 april joke when i putted loads of woolcloth in the bank ;p
    His april fools joke is far better than yours

Or on Iron Qon P1 spawning outside your melee pile and if you'd pick it up you link the two camps together :\

I got mine as well Hina, but I have a hunch after doing some math that monks should just stick with the normal mode version even if you have the option to upgrade to heroic/thunderforged.

Since the only thing that changes with the ilvl is the agility bonus and the proc rate, but the proc is the exact same no matter which version you are using, the extra agility on the trinket does not offset the DPS loss of spending more time in low DPS proc state. It kind of depends how many TEB stacks you are generating, but since they don't stack terribly quickly, I would prefer a lower proc rate so that I could get the most benefit from the trinket when the proc does occur.

I added a tab in my spreadsheet to model Ascension DPS with RoRo. Feel free to take a look.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    I got mine as well Hina, but I have a hunch after doing some math that monks should just stick with the normal mode version even if you have the option to upgrade to heroic/thunderforged.

Since the only thing that changes with the ilvl is the agility bonus and the proc rate, but the proc is the exact same no matter which version you are using, the extra agility on the trinket does not offset the DPS loss of spending more time in low DPS proc state. It kind of depends how many TEB stacks you are generating, but since they don't stack terribly quickly, I would prefer a lower proc rate so that I could get the most benefit from the trinket when the proc does occur.

I added a tab in my spreadsheet to model Ascension DPS with RoRo. Feel free to take a look.
    that is incorrect. The proc rate is different

0.92 (Base Proc) * 1.1 (Recent hotfix) * (1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15)) (different Proc rates for each of the RoR).

yes the variance is small but there is a difference:

502 - .501136 RPPM
    522 - .860486 RPPM
    528 - 1.012 RPPM
    535 - 1.222803 RPPM
    541 - 1.438113 RPPM
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-04-02 at 04:12 PM.

That's exactly what I just said.

The proc rate and agility scale with ilvl, but the proc does not change between all versions of the trinket.

Also your proc rates are incorrect:

502 0.794275054
    522 0.956976727
    528 1.012
    535 1.080204971
    541 1.142313495

I supposed if you nabbed yourself a higher ilvl trinket you could force it to proc crit instead of mastery, and that would lead to a pretty big DPS gain as well. Gonna math it out:

Even with a heroic thunderforged RoRo, going crit still doesn't offer near the DPS gain of mastery with a normal RoRo:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NVJSZlE#gid=18

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    That's exactly what I just said.

The proc rate and agility scale with ilvl, but the proc does not change between all versions of the trinket.

Also your proc rates are incorrect:

502 0.794275054
    522 0.956976727
    528 1.012
    535 1.080204971
    541 1.142313495

I supposed if you nabbed yourself a higher ilvl trinket you could force it to proc crit instead of mastery, and that would lead to a pretty big DPS gain as well. Gonna math it out.

Ok, my mistake. I had 1 / (1.5^(528-ilvl)/15) in my spreadsheet, when it should have been 1 / (1.15^(528-ilvl)/15). Damn that missing one.

Well in other news, just got my normal RoR (sucks it wasn't Thunderforged). Cannot wait to test it out in raid tomorrow. Played around with it on the target dummy and saw a noticeable jump in dps. AMR though is acting up on stat priority and forcing Mastery as higher; all while trying to keep the values near each other. Was running into an issue where my stat value for master was over crit and haste, but was getting results where haste was a hair over mastery by a few points. Already posted the enhancement on the AMR technical support forums.
    Gratz! I've killed him 3 or 4 times now + coins and I have no competition for the trinket ... no luck .. qq

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing about Rune of Origination that would bug me, is that you can't control the proc.. so what happens if it procs and you have Not one stack of Tigereye Brew? do you just build as many as you can up until the buff falls off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    The only thing about Rune of Origination that would bug me, is that you can't control the proc.. so what happens if it procs and you have Not one stack of Tigereye Brew? do you just build as many as you can up until the buff falls off?
    Basically.

say for example you have 6001 Mastery, 6000 haste, and 6000 Crit, it would still proc 30,001 mastery, or a hair over 10 mastery. If you factor in base mastery plus the mastery from Pallies/Shaman, your looking at 12.6 Mastery while the proc is up. Even if you can only get 2 stacks while the proc is up, that is still 25.2% increase damage for 15 seconds. That is still about 16% damage more than with it not proccing.

Also Mihir has pointed out that if you switch trinkets right before a pull, you can force RoR to not proc for a short while after the start of the fight.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-04-03 at 12:26 AM.

something just occurred to me. Does primordius fuck up RoR procs

So I was having really good results today by avoiding FOF until I popped my TEB. This seemed to get me faster TEB stacks, and then I got some huge hits out of FOF during TEB. I don't really have any math to back up this playstyle, and it may just be that my skill with FOF isn't good enough to do the normal rotation, but it was pretty nice to watch back to back to back 225k crits during one FOF cast :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically.

say for example you have 6001 Mastery, 6000 haste, and 6000 Crit, it would still proc 30,001 mastery, or a hair over 10 mastery. If you factor in base mastery plus the mastery from Pallies/Shaman, your looking at 12.6 Mastery while the proc is up. Even if you can only get 2 stacks while the proc is up, that is still 25.2% increase damage for 15 seconds. That is still about 16% damage more than with it not proccing.

Also Mihir has pointed out that if you switch trinkets right before a pull, you can force RoR to not proc for a short while after the start of the fight.
    Dont switch trinkets(since then the other will go on ICD meaning less overall agi proccs). Just unequip it before fight and equip it at the same time you pot or a little before if you want to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Dont switch trinkets(since then the other will go on ICD meaning less overall agi proccs). Just unequip it before fight and equip it at the same time you pot or a little before if you want to be sure.
    Ugh. The 5.1 pre-pull EH to chi wave to get TEB stacks process was annoying, and I was a little glad they nixed it in 5.2. Having to finagle trinkets along with my pre-pot is slightly less annoying in that it takes less time, but it's still a stupid mechanic to get around the weakness of starting with zero burst capability outside of xuen.

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    something just occurred to me. Does primordius fuck up RoR procs
    If you mean does getting the mutations change the proc, then no. It only looks at your prebuff rating (including ignoring the 3k mastery buff)

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Question regarding pre RoR. I now got a 4pc and every sim I read (AMR and Simcraft) both keep telling me to have haste spewing from all ends. Yet I see people who gem mastery, reforge mastery have over 4% mastery rating and then I have sims telling me that it's a DPS loss to go that route. So confused.