Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is going to be sweet!

Possible trinkets from 450-509
    If it's listed as Heroic there is also a normal and LFR version.

If you've got any complains about the WW spec, please post in this thread on the beta forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606901110

This guy (Communism) has written a detailed guide explaining the problems the Brewmaster & Windwalker specs have, lets keep them alive so these problems get addressed.

Deleted
    From reading this, is Troll best race for Horde then? cant find no where that tells you flat Troll is the way to go, would rather find out now than at 90 and be like crap need to race change xD

Deleted
    Orc if you're using 1h axes or fist weapons, otherwise troll is very slightly ahead.

Racial dps rankings were something like this, tho it's been a while since i checked last:

orc with axe/fist: 1600
    troll: 1200
    pandaren: 1100
    orc: 1000
    undead: 800
    draenei / human with sword/mace / dwarf with mace / gnome with sword: 600
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-09-17 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    If you've got any complains about the WW spec, please post in this thread on the beta forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606901110

This guy (Communism) has written a detailed guide explaining the problems the Brewmaster & Windwalker specs have, lets keep them alive so these problems get addressed.
    Communism, Eflow, Strawberry and Tsuki are the people I follow regarding monks. I thought I just didn't understand and couldn't get the flow of WW, but I guess I'm not the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Communism, Eflow, Strawberry and Tsuki are the people I follow regarding monks. I thought I just didn't understand and couldn't get the flow of WW, but I guess I'm not the only one.
    That is one worthless QQ thread. The mastery complaints made me want to LoL.

Deleted
    As much as I don't want to flame the guy, his post did seem like a lot of crying over things that aren't really that bad.
    I have beat the dead horse of FoF too much, so I won;t bother commenting.

I would like to post some quotes, though computer is playing up and I am on my mobile (Hence why I have been pretty AFK from the Monk threads for a little >.<). I will edit this post at some point if I decide to link some quotes, though.

Nice to see someone actually cares enough to make a guide. I feel as though some of your information is a little out of date and based on older revisions of simc that had a lot more bugs than it does now. I've been keeping up the module/profiles to the best of my abilities and I'll try to fill you in at some point this week before launch so you can make some updates. Nothing major really, very solid guide overall, just some stat value/rotation min/max junk.

-quick note in regards to what I mean by stat values, it appears we've already hit the haste soft cap as, after optimally reforging the profile today, the sim spat out a crit > haste run, I'll have more detail on exactly where it is once my plot finishes running over night-
    Last edited by gahddo; 2012-09-19 at 04:55 AM.

Shouldn't your AoE rotation be more like this?

Keep the Rising Sun Kick debuff on the targets
    Tigereye Brew if you got 10 stacks, or if you got 7+ and energizing brew is about to come off cooldown
    Energizing Brew if you got less than 35 energy
    Rushing Jade Wind on cooldown
    Spinning Crane Kick (if the targets have the RJW debuff, make sure you have energy for 3 SCK in a row)
    RSK on cooldown
    Chi Burst if you got 4 chi (better than RSK with more than ~ 8 targets)
    Spinning Crane Kick

I did some tests (~ 30min) on the 85 dummies (yeah, i know, no raidsetting, let me know if numbers change drastically) and my Chi Burst hit for about 9k damage and RSK for 74k. If you consider that you need proper positioning for Chi Burst (another thing that comes to my mind: change that spell so that the projectile just goes all the way up to 40y, it sucks that you always have to target the enemy that is most far away) you can assume that you need at last 9 targets for Chi Burst to be used over RSK which is easy to use, this also makes sure that its debuff is always applied.

I forgot to test the average damage of Blackout Kick to compare it with Chi Burst, another thing to consider.

These tests were done as lvl90 monk with epic PvP gear.

It looks as though, in simc, the soft haste cap for windwalker is somewhere between 6400 and 6600, any further than 6500 and crit becomes superior. This doesn't really effect much because optimally reforged BIS for t14 is at ~6.7k haste, but it will be important to note next tier.

Stat weights (after haste soft cap): DW -
    1.13 str
    3.25 agi
    1.12 ap
    2.72 exp
    3.50 hit to 7.5%
    0.66 hit passed 7.5%
    1.45 crit
    1.23 haste
    0.66 mastery

2H -
    1.16 str
    3.09 agi
    1.06 ap
    2.44 exp
    3.20 hit
    1.42 crit
    1.25 haste
    0.68 mastery

I think you should probably explain the gemming a bit more. Going from 2h weights PASSED haste cap, crit value * 2 = 2.84, agi = 3.09. 160 agi * 3.09 = 494.4 dps, 60 agi * 3.09 + 160 crit * 1.42 = 412.6 dps. SO, if the socket bonus is worth 26 agi or more ((494.4 - 412.6)/3.09 = 26.47 agi) its a gain to socket. Here's how hit gems work: If you put an agi/hit gem in a blue socket, you aren't really gaining the value of the hit, you're just allowing more crit to be reforged into on your gear. So for all intents and purposes for blue sockets you should just use the agi/crit value listed above.

I'll do a stat weight run with the normal mode set to get pre-soft cap values, but expect them to be relatively the same with crit/haste flipped. Frankly, given the option between hit to hardcap and mastery for DW I'd go with the hit, mastery does nothing but complicate the rotation.

Chi brew > power strikes currently, by a decent amount, you should only cast it at 0 chi however, losing the 1 chi to use it on cd isn't worth it with the reduced cd on FoF from our 2pc, I haven't tested without 2pc though.

Action list:
    -chi brew if you have NO chi

-rsk if debuff isn't up or has <= 3 seconds remaining

-tiger palm if tiger power stacks are less than 3 or have <=3 seconds remaining

-tigereye brew, its up in the air whether you should keep 100% uptime or use it at 10 stacks, or use it with cds etc, they all seem to be equal overall.

-energizing brew, this is where it gets tricky because there isn't one set energy level to use it at, its simply put 100 - (your energy regen * 5) or less. So at, for example, 13 e/s regen, 100 - (13 * 5) = 35 energy. So you'd only cast it if you have less than 35 energy. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS EFFECTED BY HASTE BUFFS.

-invoke xuen

-RSK on cd

-fists of fury if energizing brew isn't up, tiger power buff is at 3 stacks and remains greater than 4 seconds, and again the same energy condition as EB 100 - (your energy regen * 5) or less.

-BoK mastery procs

-blackout_kick interesting part here, if you have 3 or more chi and you will cap energy in the next 2 seconds you should hit BoK (at this place in the priority ofc) so you can put out another jab and not cap. (NEVER EVER EVER WASTE CHI FOR ENERGY.)

-tiger palm mastery procs have a different condition than just hitting it when you see the shiny light, DO NOT USE TP MASTERY PROCS IF YOU WILL CAP ENERGY IN THE GCD. However, if the mastery proc has less than 2 seconds remaining on its duration you should go ahead and use it even if you will cap.

-Jab: Ascension - chi is less than or equal to 3
    Power strikes - chi is <= 2 and PS is on cd, or chi is <= 1 and PS is off cd.
    Chi brew - chi <= 2

-BoK if you have max chi, or you will have enough energy to use jab + RSK when RSK comes off cd. (can be expressed through this equation: ((energy+(energy.regen*(cooldown.rising_sun_kick.remains)))>=40). So, for example, if the cooldown of RSK is 4 seconds, and you have 13 e/s regen, (13 * (4)) = 52 energy, which is higher than 40 so you should BoK.

Hope this post was of some help to you OP, I'll be trying to write a WW guide for the live forums this week in my spare time.

---Almost forgot the aoe list, I haven't had enough time to verify my logical findings in the sim, but 8+ targets you should just SCK + RSK and maintain the tiger power buff (obv you should use CDs the same way you would single target). Cleave is a little more tricky because it widly varies based on target numbers between 2 and 7. I've found that for 3 targets simply replacing jab with SCK is the best option, for 2 single rotation is still the best. I'm sure theres some number between 3 and 8 where you start dropping things out of the rotation like FoF. DO NOT USE CHI BURST UNLESS THERE ARE A BAZILLION MOBS.---
    Last edited by gahddo; 2012-09-19 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    This seems to confirm not using FoF during bloodlust, is that correct?

The exact line in the sim is: actions.st+=/fists_of_fury,if=!buff.energizing_brew.up&energy.time_to_max>5&buff.tiger_power.remains>4& buff.tiger_power.stack=3
    Buffs like bloodlust(/heroism) and berserking will be factored in when it calculates the energy time to max. Quick napkin math though:
    at 4287 and some odd haste rating to get 1 energy/sec, 11.52% base haste in the normal sim, 30% from lust, 44.976% haste while lust is active, 425 haste to 1%, 19114.8 "haste" or 14.46 eps. 100 - (14.46 eps * 7 sec (minimum of 6 + the gcd)) = -1.22 energy. So in short, no. If you have bloodlust(/heroism)up you pretty much shouldn't ever touch FoF. It should also be noted if at ANY point during the channel of FoF you have to move, it will be a loss. The dps difference between using it and not using it is pretty tiny (1.2% in heroic gear, and its value scales downward as haste increases. Ex: adding 2k haste to the heroic profile results in a ~.89% difference between use/not use of FoF.), making the 2pc virtually useless. Its only real role in the rotation is when you hit a downpoint and have nothing but jab/bok to hit.

-sorry I haven't had time to do those normal mode stat weight runs yet, I've been really busy and I'll let it run overnight, sadly I only have a 1h normal mode setup because again..very busy lately.-

So the way I see it: If you have the time to do FoF, it´s a nice tool to actually regenerate some energy without loosing DPS or in case you have to interrupt loosing only little DPS, but not using it won´t change much. I guess it will only really shine in something like challenge modes, where you would want to use stuns as much as possible, which would usually mean you´d loose dps e.g rogues (5 cps) or at least 1 GCD for other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the gear list be complete for release Mihir :>?
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Will the gear list be complete for release Mihir :>?
    I have a google doc with all the items in it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&output=html
    Last edited by Promdates; 2012-09-23 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    OMG!!!

Can't wait to play a Monk either!

so for easy rotation for level 1-90 what would it be for leveling as a WW ?

Hey guys, last month I shared a video with tips on leveling a Monk without RAF and I had also made a beginners guide to Windwalker Monks video at the same time but decided to upload it today. It’s really basic but I think it could help people who are new to the class and spec. I didn’t want to create a whole new thread so hopefully this can help someone if they find it here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    so for easy rotation for level 1-90 what would it be for leveling as a WW ?
    Touch of Death on cooldown. RSK when you can, jab to get chi, tiger palm/blackout kick on mastery procs, blackout kick to dump chi.