Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    FoF with 2pc is roughly a 3.4% dps increase over not using it at all. Lets say you're doing gara'jal and you're staying on the boss instead of going under, 6 minute enrage timer. 6 * 60 = 360 seconds, assume that you play your monk very well and put a staple dps of 63k, 63k / 1.034 = 60928.4 dps. 60928.4 * 360 sec = 21934235.98 damage. 63000 * 360 = 22680000. Not using FoF would be 745764.02 damage in total lost during the fight..or roughly .6% of the bosses health pool. Now, its not often that .6% hp makes a large difference in killing a boss, but it CAN. Even on heavy movement fights, during the periods where you won't be moving it will still be a gain to use FoF.

Yeah I agree that FOF is a DPS increase, but it is clunky and as everyone else that has played the class it doesn't feel like it fits into the rotation what so ever. I'm going to try to switch my reforges and gems tonight over to haste and see how it does when we go to hit Feng tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Leroy View Post
    Yeah I agree that FOF is a DPS increase, but it is clunky and as everyone else that has played the class it doesn't feel like it fits into the rotation what so ever. I'm going to try to switch my reforges and gems tonight over to haste and see how it does when we go to hit Feng tomorrow night.
    The key thing to remember about energy capping, as long as you don't go 40 energy over you haven't lost any chi, and chi is infinitely more valuable than energy. If you try to force the sim to never hit energy cap you end up losing dps because it turns out losing more chi than the energy was worth. The sim currently has a ~5% overflow of energy, trying to work that down to a safer number but.

I find it is getting easier and easier to fit in FoF. It is a dmg increase, it is a horrid channeled melee ability but when timed right it actually flows with your rotation.

FoF is fine, using it at the wrong time is a personal thing. It fits into the rotation just fine. Just never ever ever use it with Energizing brew or you will energy cap and waste DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    The key thing to remember about energy capping, as long as you don't go 40 energy over you haven't lost any chi, and chi is infinitely more valuable than energy. If you try to force the sim to never hit energy cap you end up losing dps because it turns out losing more chi than the energy was worth. The sim currently has a ~5% overflow of energy, trying to work that down to a safer number but.
    Do explain? I thought the idea behind energy capping was any time you hit 100/100 you've lost some amount of dps that increases the longer you stay at 100?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    What he means is, on single target fights, your chi-spenders are doing much more damage than your chi-generators (jab). Therefore, if you didn't lose enough energy for one jab (40) over the course of a fight, you didn't lose much damage. Energy-capping can and should be avoided, but not at all cost.

Finding the window to use FoF on raid bosses is quite problematic for now. And sometimes, when that window is open, it might happen something that will force you to move. Morgan's law ftw.

I think for people that are starting to raid as a WW monk the best advice I can give here is to avoid wasting Tigereye Brew by letting it cap over 10 and to remember using the cds when available.

so i got that dual wield > 2h but whats with a 489 polearm vs 489fist+463 offhand ?

Deleted
    Are trolls the most optimal race for monk dps?

From what I've seen, orcs are a bit ahead if they have axes/fist weapons equipped, if not trolls are better.

Edit: Simming that with my current gear that is.

Deleted
    Added glyph recommendations to the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quick question, I'm usually BrM so I'm not that clear on some things. Why is the DPS Coren trinket considered bad? I've been reading the official monk forums and a couple of posters have stated that it only 'bads' use it.

PS. Mihir, I just armoried you. SOOOO fkn jealous of your weapons. ><

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Quick question, I'm usually BrM so I'm not that clear on some things. Why is the DPS Coren trinket considered bad? I've been reading the official monk forums and a couple of posters have stated that it only 'bads' use it.

Using my stat weights for current gear: AGI 2.64, Crit 0.93, AP 0.96, Haste 1.35

Windswept Pages has a stat weight of 2306.4046, the Coren trinket has 1057.552. This is using the formula of (Passive Stat x Passive Stat Weight) + ((Proc stat x Proc Stat Weight) / Trinket Internal Cooldown)

Deleted
    I see you show windsong as the best enchant pre dancingsteel, but I have been noticing by actually raiding with both windsong and elemental force that the latter is pulling way ahead, and when I say way ahead I mean the difference can be as great as 2-3k dps.

It also seems that elemental force scales very well with the magic dmg taken debuff wich increases its value even more, this is reason enough for me to use elemental force over windsong untill dancing steel becomes available.

I ran SimC on it to be sure and the difference is not as drastic as I noticed from my dummy tests but still there is a 700 dps difference between the 2 with elemental force pulling ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc1b92c624c4; 2012-10-13 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post

Combination of short proc duration, low proc chance and only proccing on crits, + attackpower isnt our best stat.

Anyone care to share there Windwalker WeakAuras? I've only made one for Tiger Power just so I can keep track of stack easier.

Here it is if anyone wants it:

Code:
    diJObaWsvLAxc41QQmximBrDtPu(MQI2jeTxYUPy)GYpbv)vO(nQgQanyqmCPKJjfNtiwOGAXcPLJYtrEmu9CQAQuzYqQPR4IQkCvPuDzjxhs2iLQBRsBwfBxvvNg4WImnk57qPLbfdtjnobz8Qk5Kkv3cKUMQCELYNLQTPepJsz1iNiGODZuStcVqSJZnEePOGmy2IVCZV4b0lwRu(kYlQjGvGpd8eDfHweA5eTb)C81i7qFHwFwywWGzXkYZkuiDGA9eXQoGBCBTkraCUruMNqlNiu(kgpN8EfweJNl5eDrLhGCA0icLVIX53OPrHfHNtEVCI8atpxIAdoYV1OreaTihOxmyqcYXwmrdd07ftorCSg4M8MclYKULxoHSrKd0lgmib5ylMgnI(c(54Rr2H(ERl2E2wI8wT1GjYIoqTSeD4Mr0h5)TVddIDUzezqDDmqVxmVq2OrusoroqVyWGeKJTyI2ntXoj8cXoo34rKIcYGzl(Yn)IhqVyTs5Rgr)fYgR1vnsa
    It's just an enlarged icon that shows the stacks and hides when your not playing your monk or in combat.
    Last edited by Mesima; 2012-10-13 at 06:31 PM.

can someone help me out a bit? currently i have the 489 polearm from spiritkings and the 489 fist from garajal+ the 463 hit/expertise fist
    but i cant get simcraft is showing crazy differences(sometimes 2h sometimes dw is better)

Deleted
    Try increasing the number of iterations to 10000 or 25000. The default setting of 1000 is fairly inaccurate.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-10-14 at 01:19 PM.

I have been playing monk in MoP and I am lvl 72 now. What is your recommendation for a weapon on lvl 90, two handed or dual weld?

Anyone care to determine the stat weights for 2h ? (just got the polearm from Spirit Kings, it's gonna be a while till I get my hands on the fist weapons so might as well ask )