Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    2 strategies:

- Go for the biggest boost right now, which is to upgrade weapons and trinkets first, even if they're not BiS.
    - Upgrade any item that's BiS, to optimally prepare for 5.2.

Let's talk about Ascension. How's everyone feel about it?

I'm not sure 100% how I feel about Ascension as yet, maybe because I do not have all the information with regards to how it may affect us with haste. I was running at around 6400 haste in raid tonight and constantly found myself energy capping, especially if I get two CB:BoK in a row, it also made it rather difficult to use both FoF and EB on CD effectively (without capping energy basically). I've definitely seen an increase in DPS but atm I feel Ascension is causing some inefficiencies in my rotation

I've come to a conclusion about upgrading.
    I'll go for HC Gara'kal MH to the max as it's the biggest DPS upgrade I can see for now (We're no where near killing Hc Sha of Fear atm). Next on the list for me is either one of my BiS items as I won't swap those out anymore (Blade Lord bracers, Spirit Kings neck, MGV Cloak) or Relic of Xu'en.

At higher haste levels (6.5-7k) it just makes the rotation completely brainless. It's a damage increase, but you drop FoF from your rotation almost entirely and very rarely get to use EB on cooldown. It's just a bunch of BoK spamming. So, I enjoy the damage increase. More energy incoming is always fun to see. However I do think, for now, I prefer the 5.0 priority to the 5.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    I've come to a conclusion about upgrading.
    I'll go for HC Gara'kal MH to the max as it's the biggest DPS upgrade I can see for now (We're no where near killing Hc Sha of Fear atm). Next on the list for me is either one of my BiS items as I won't swap those out anymore (Blade Lord bracers, Spirit Kings neck, MGV Cloak) or Relic of Xu'en.
    Our BiS weapons don't drop from H: Sha of Fear tho, but from Grand Empress..

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Our BiS weapons don't drop from H: Sha of Fear tho, but from Grand Empress..
    Yes, my bad - though we're not any closer to killing that one either at the moment ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    At higher haste levels (6.5-7k) it just makes the rotation completely brainless. It's a damage increase, but you drop FoF from your rotation almost entirely and very rarely get to use EB on cooldown. It's just a bunch of BoK spamming. So, I enjoy the damage increase. More energy incoming is always fun to see. However I do think, for now, I prefer the 5.0 priority to the 5.1.
    I was really curious about this. After spending a night raiding, the instances where I was really close to energy capping was when I used fists. So is it better to completely drop Fists from the rotation for more damage?

Another question I have is does haste continue to be our best stat after the Ascension change or does it favor crit still after ~6k or so haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Let's talk about Ascension. How's everyone feel about it?
    I'm probably staying with Chi Brew for now. Especially with the fixed FoF, I'm already close to energy capping a lot of the time; the extra energy from Ascension will pretty much guarantee this. Getting more Chi without having to Jab more seems more useful to me. + on a lot of encounters it's very useful if you can have some burst you can save for certain parts, while Ascension (and Power Strikes) are just an overall dmg increase without affecting burst.

I'm close to 7500 haste tho, so if you have less it might be different for you.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-28 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    with the 5.1 changes on dance steel(RPPM) windsong is the best enchant for offhand right?

I'm probably staying with Chi Brew for now. Especially with the fixed FoF, I'm already close to energy capping a lot of the time; the extra energy from Ascension will pretty much guarantee this. Getting more Chi without having to Jab more seems more useful to me. + on a lot of encounters it's very useful if you can have some burst you can save for certain parts, while Ascension (and Power Strikes) are just an overall dmg increase without affecting burst.

I feel the same. I'm not nearly geared as you but I rarely find myself starved for energy and that extra chi usually just sits on my bar waiting to be used. I guess they had to make Ascension appealing some how...I'll probably end up going back to Power Strikes or even giving Chi Brew a try to see how well I can preform.

Deleted

Yeah i'm at just over 6k and i definately feel like it's smoother with ascension. I dunno how it'd sim but i feel closer to 7k it'd be time to consider dropping Ascension.
    I kinda wanna get 4 set and try that out with the changes.

How do you feel about DS vs Windsong in offhand btw?

Im thinking with Ascension I will reforge down towards 6k Haste - Rest into crit. What is the exact number for that FoF tick? 6k in or around. Will prob go for that then leave haste alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Im thinking with Ascension I will reforge down towards 6k Haste - Rest into crit. What is the exact number for that FoF tick? 6k in or around. Will prob go for that then leave haste alone.
    FoF losing its last tick was supposed to be fixed with the new patch. I haven't tested it yet though.

I'm not too well geared (about ilvl 480), and have been focusing on Haste rating. I tried ascension last night and it made a pretty significant increase in my DPS. I was energy capping when I get a string of BoK Combo Breakers, but not any other time except during lust. I could see power strikes/brew being better at higher haste, but with my gear Ascension was a clear winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    something wrong with ToK atm ? pressing it when it appears ready in raid and its not going off.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    something wrong with ToK atm ? pressing it when it appears ready in raid and its not going off.
    Not noticing problems.

I was checking some armorys. Any ideas why Blood Legion WW proly one of the few that killed sha on hmode is stacking masives amount of mastery?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's in his tank spec, which still is weird.