Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They changed the intellect trinket as well. Pity. I kinda liked Full of Stars.

How is the shado-pan trinket for WWs? I thougt the hast could give good burst?

It's not bad, but behind RoX, Bottle (N), Terror (N) and Woundripper/Arrowflight.

Deleted
    To be fair, it's not good. It's behind LFR Bottle and LFR Terror. If you have neither of the aforementioned, Relic or Woundripper/Arrowflight, then yes, it will be an upgrade - otherwise it won't, it's rather bad for it's ilvl.

Well i have "searing words" so it would prob be a upgrade? not sure tho :S im still trying to addat the dps here and trying to max my dps for the raids

Deleted
    If you're anywhere close to getting RoX, LFR/Normal/HC Bottle/Terror, then don't get it, otherwise it might be worthwhile. Do keep in mind however that the reputation trinket from the new 5.1 faction is better, and your valor would be better spent there.

For the default haste>crit build: If I take Ascension will I still need to aim for 6k haste rating?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I think you'd find yourself energy capped a lot if you're raiding with ascension and 6k haste rating.
    As for the 6k haste breakpoint, I'm fairly certain they fixed FoF losing a tick above 6,1k+ haste rating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    For the default haste>crit build: If I take Ascension will I still need to aim for 6k haste rating?
    Depending on your mastery, you start GCD capping at about 14% haste with Ascension. Not what rating that translates to, but your milage may vary.

Here is a quick and dirty spreadsheet I made to check haste caps w/ Ascension:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WpaZGg0TktDUEE

Look at the spare GCD column. When it starts going negative, you passed the haste soft cap. When your Tiger Palms/Min caps at 3, you start TP capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    How is the shado-pan trinket for WWs? I thougt the hast could give good burst?
    The more significant part about the shado-pan trinket is that the haste it gives grants you nearly 1 more energy per second while it is up. This basically means you get a little under 15 energy from using this proc. If you can use that energy every minute without capping then you will find that the trinket isn't too bad since it carries innate agility.

The other epic options will always be superior by nature and if you run haste heavy you really wont benefit much from the use effect on this one, but it's perhaps not quite as terrible if you view it as an energy use effect and can actively make use of that extra.

I actually had it because I was originally a brewmaster and i felt it functioned well as a way to get in more energy generation with a good passive stat bonus pre- 5.1. However now I got asked to go dps and had the choice of any of the blue trinkets/alchemy trinket or this one. I chose this one for the higher passive bonus.

One thing about trinkets I believe is valuable to us is that we are less restricted by the nature of a proc as our damage is very smooth and we can usually proc some level of tiger eye brew with our trinkets at any time, where as some classes want much more for trinkets to match up with long cooldowns. This I believe allows us to take trinket effects at more of an average value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Depending on your mastery, you start GCD capping at about 14% haste with Ascension. Not what rating that translates to, but your milage may vary.

Here is a quick and dirty spreadsheet I made to check haste caps w/ Ascension:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WpaZGg0TktDUEE

Look at the spare GCD column. When it starts going negative, you passed the haste soft cap. When your Tiger Palms/Min caps at 3, you start TP capping.
    Very interesting spreadsheet! Is this taking into account the 10% haste raidbuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Very interesting spreadsheet! Is this taking into account the 10% haste raidbuff?
    Also, what's with the rapid flux in numbers in the different columns? Looks like they are affected by you not adding a 0 or 00 to the end of the haste%
    Also known as Faulchu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    I think you'd find yourself energy capped a lot if you're raiding with ascension and 6k haste rating.
    As for the 6k haste breakpoint, I'm fairly certain they fixed FoF losing a tick above 6,1k+ haste rating.
    The 6k haste breakpoint was more due to getting energy capped when using FoF on cooldown with both tier 14 bonuses, aka not having enough GCDs between FoFs to spend all your energy.

Deleted
    haven't been through all this post yet but :

- What does Xuen bénéfit from when we invoc him ? agiliti / hâst / crit / tiger brew, ...
    - Is it better to delay it a bit or always on CD

Deleted
    This information is in the guide, read before posting please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    All the values in the spreadsheet assume that you are fully raidbuffed, so the haste column on the left is your raid buffed haste. I've been using AskMrRobot to calculate my raidbuffed stats with my gear and reforging, so to find your stats on your character sheet, just subtract 10% haste, 5% for mastery, etc.

By no means is this spreadsheet an end all be all, but more of a "typical minute" of our rotation, and how many of each ability we are expected to use. If you had perfect foresight, rotation, and no input lag, this is what would result. I'll work on adding some fudge factors later on, but I just wanted to know what targets to shoot for with reforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    All the values in the spreadsheet assume that you are fully raidbuffed, so the haste column on the left is your raid buffed haste. I've been using AskMrRobot to calculate my raidbuffed stats with my gear and reforging, so to find your stats on your character sheet, just subtract 10% haste, 5% for mastery, etc.

By no means is this spreadsheet an end all be all, but more of a "typical minute" of our rotation, and how many of each ability we are expected to use. If you had perfect foresight, rotation, and no input lag, this is what would result. I'll work on adding some fudge factors later on, but I just wanted to know what targets to shoot for with reforging.
    Ok so here is a reallllllly seemingly dumb question. It could be because I'm not well versed in spreadsheets, but, you seem to have highlighted row 36 as the ideal haste breakpoint. That seems to only 1.165% haste. Am i reading that right? Because that seems like a stupidly low amount of haste. If I'm being an idiot, mind helping interpret this thing?

Edit: Im also seeing that higher haste still gives more DPS if you take power strikes?

Thanks
    Last edited by Girthmonster; 2012-12-05 at 11:26 PM.

About the Tier30 talents:

As of 5.1, am I right in assuming "Zen Sphere" is still considered a technical DPS gain if used to replace a BoK?
    Would Chi Wave be a noticeable DPS loss if used to help offset raid-wide damage phases on bosses? (Would that even be helpful?)
    Is there anything that a WW Monk brings as far as raid utility in comparison to an Elemental Shaman? (Seeing as they bring extra healing and one more buff than we do)

12:02 (EST) Edit: So, I take stat weights very seriously.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-06 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Avoiding a double post
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Ok so here is a reallllllly seemingly dumb question. It could be because I'm not well versed in spreadsheets, but, you seem to have highlighted row 36 as the ideal haste breakpoint. That seems to only 1.165% haste. Am i reading that right? Because that seems like a stupidly low amount of haste. If I'm being an idiot, mind helping interpret this thing?
    1.165% corresponds to 16.5% haste. Sorry, I'm kinda bad making my logic transparent when I get to spreadsheeting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    About the Tier30 talents:

As of 5.1, am I right in assuming "Zen Sphere" is still considered a technical DPS gain if used to replace a BoK?
    Would Chi Wave be a noticeable DPS loss if used to help offset raid-wide damage phases on bosses? (Would that even be helpful?)
    Is there anything that a WW Monk brings as far as raid utility in comparison to an Elemental Shaman? (Seeing as they bring extra healing and one more buff than we do)

12:02 (EST) Edit: So, I take stat weights very seriously.
    None of the Tier30 talents are a dps increase. Rather, they sacrifice some dps to gain some way of healing.