Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    thanks for the info Finally. Ah thats a bit of a shame that its not an overall increase on dps for single targets. Although a cleave much needed for WW monks, I've been a huge fan of Pandaren since their introduction in WC3, and would have enjoyed Storm Earth and Fire as a single target dps CD rather than a "use only on cleave ability".

Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    For those on the PTR, with the new ability: Storm Earth and Fire being a 20% damage increase, will we always have one elemental clone up at all times on boss fights?
    From what I understand, you can summon a clone elemental on the boss, and then dps the boss yourself - with both you and your clone dealing 60% damage (120% damage total on one target).

Am I correct in assuming we will inevitably have one clone up at all times in any encounter?
    If you're attacking the same target as a clone the clone will not copy your abilities. So essentially you'll take a 40% dps decrease on all your specials while gaining a 20% increase on auto attacks. There are some other intricacies, but those are the basics.

Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide

"Is trouble brewing?"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide
    Do you want Heroic BiS or Normal?

Hey guys, looking for some assistance on which item is the most worth it to upgrade, here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinpops/simple

Also, since I just went from dual wielding to 2H, is it a good idea to start reforge all haste above 4k to crit?

With the increase to the tier 2 talents' dps, I think we need some tests to ascertain that Chi Wave is lower priority than Jab (or even BoK for that matter). If energy cap is close, certainly, but otherwise ...

So SEF will work like Havoc (destruction warlock spell for the ones who have never played one) but with higher uptime? It is not like Blade flurry that has positional constraints. It can work even at target 20yards away. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Malanoma View Post
    Do you want Heroic BiS or Normal?
    I would prefer heroic, if its not too much trouble!

"Is trouble brewing?"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple not BiS but close if ur wanting a decent guide to go off

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple not BiS but close if ur wanting a decent guide to go off
    Is the 517 staff really better than 2x 517 Claw of Shek'zeer?

Deleted
    DW is better that has been said mutilpel times!

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post

You've got like 5 BIS items there...

Here is the list of all the BIS :

Helm : T14HC (Sha of Fear)
    Neck : Choker of the Unleashed Storm (Blade Lord Ta'yak)
    Shoulders : T14HC (Lei shi)
    Cloak : Legbreaker Greatcloak (Garalon)
    Chest : Wrap of Instant Petrification (Sha of Fear)
    Bracers : Bracers of Unseen Strikes (Blade Lord Ta'yak)
    Gloves : Bonebreaker Gauntlets (Garalon) or Gauntlets of the Shadow's Caress (Tsulong)
    Belt : Stalker's Cord of Eternal Autumn (Lei Shi or Tsulong)
    Legs : Legguards of Failing Purification (Protectors Elite)
    Feet : Boots of the Still Breath (Imperial Vizier Zor'lok)
    Ring : Painful Thorned Ring (Wind Lord Mel'jarak)
    Ring : Regail's Band of the Endless (Protectors Elite)
    Trinket : Bottle of Infinite Stars (Elegon)
    Trinket : Terror in the Mists (Lei Shi)

Weapon : Claws of Shek'zeer (Grand Empress Shek'zeer)
    Weapon : Claws of Shek'zeer (Grand Empress Shek'zeer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Miuh. I was about to post a similar list.

As a general note, too, if you don't have access to the legs from H Protectors Elite, the T14 ones are not terrible. I'm not holding my breath for them with 5.2 so close, plus the T14 ones are well itemized and a higher ilevel than normal HPE. So that's also an easy way to get your 2P without having to use our poorly itemized T14 helm (the one off of H WotE works very well if you are not farming H Sha, currently).

HOWEVER, I feel that picking up the T14 helm + HPE legs would be very beneficial going into T15, just because of their itemization.

Deleted
    The bis list is kind of obvious, as there's not that many options for most slots. heroic elite legs/ring, 4piece T14, haste/mastery neck, haste/exp cloak, hof bracers, ToES belt, vizier boots, hof ring, toes and mv trinkets.

edit: this is bis for starting in 5.2, so using 5.2 stat weights / new mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-02-15 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The bis list is kind of obvious, as there's not that many options for most slots. heroic elite legs/ring, 4piece T14, haste/mastery neck, haste/exp cloak, hof bracers, ToES belt, vizier boots, hof ring, toes and mv trinkets.

edit: this is bis for starting in 5.2, so using 5.2 stat weights / new mastery.
    Sorry to intrude (I like pimping my windwalker spec), but does the ToES belt exist? I'm not sure if it's ever been on BMAH but I've yet to see it drop from Lei Shi, and I don't know any other leather agi dpser that uses that belt :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Sorry to intrude (I like pimping my windwalker spec), but does the ToES belt exist? I'm not sure if it's ever been on BMAH but I've yet to see it drop from Lei Shi, and I don't know any other leather agi dpser that uses that belt :s
    Yep, its on the same loot table as the Rhyolith cloak.

But on a more serious note, our 25M has only had one drop thus far :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    So SEF will work like Havoc (destruction warlock spell for the ones who have never played one) but with higher uptime? It is not like Blade flurry that has positional constraints. It can work even at target 20yards away. Right?
    Sort of. SEF is a pretty unique ability. I would compare it more with Blade Fury, but even then its really nothing like it. On boss fights you can stick your clones to ads, or stick your clone on the boss while you go take down an ad. In PvP its great for throwing an opponent off balance while you heal, or pop ToK. Its an extremely versatile ability that adds a lot to the already great WW playstyle. I pray to the gods that it makes it live.

BTW, despite the decrease in DPS, the clones are really awesome when they copy your movements. I had my PTR party in awe when I had both my SEF clones up and Xuen at the same time.

Deleted
    Hell guys and first i'd like to say hello all. I am new to the scenes around mmo-champion. I've read all the pages in here and have in the past just gone to Mr.Robot and got my gear from relative upgrades gem etc. Until i noticed that you guys around here was looking at the haste mark of 4k. So i checked mine and it was running at 9k Haste. Indeed i thought this is bad. So I ran simcraft and put in the new stat weights input it to Mr Robot and that got me to reforge / gem a lot of haste out. I've heared MrRobot will be adding Haste stat weight limit on soon so that will be helpful. Then i noticed on wowreforge i could input the haste breakpoint. To get best out of my monk.

So my question to Mihir and other top monks. What do you use for gear ranking (BiS) tool / stat weights and what gems to put in it? I appreciate your help.

2nd Question: What are the stat weight values not order looking for in 5.2?

Many thanks for your help guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    We saw our first one drop last week (didnt win it ) so yes it does exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maceyp View Post
    Hell guys and first i'd like to say hello all. I am new to the scenes around mmo-champion. I've read all the pages in here and have in the past just gone to Mr.Robot and got my gear from relative upgrades gem etc. Until i noticed that you guys around here was looking at the haste mark of 4k. So i checked mine and it was running at 9k Haste. Indeed i thought this is bad. So I ran simcraft and put in the new stat weights input it to Mr Robot and that got me to reforge / gem a lot of haste out. I've heared MrRobot will be adding Haste stat weight limit on soon so that will be helpful. Then i noticed on wowreforge i could input the haste breakpoint. To get best out of my monk.

So my question to Mihir and other top monks. What do you use for gear ranking (BiS) tool / stat weights and what gems to put in it? I appreciate your help.

2nd Question: What are the stat weight values not order looking for in 5.2?

Many thanks for your help guys.
    1. I use simcraft to generate scale factors, tho I usually mess around a bit with the action list to make it more like the priorities I'm using. Then I plug those into askmrrobot and play around a bit with different combinations of tier sets, valor upgrades, etc.

2. Preliminary scale factors for 5.2 with T14 bis gear (for reforging/gemming on patch day):

MH WDPS: 11.02
    OH WDPS: 5.62
    Hit (<7.5%): 3.77
    Agi: 3.49
    Exp: 2.39
    Haste: 2.11
    Crit: 1.48
    Str: 1.36
    AP: 1.18
    Hit (>7.5%): 0.76
    Mastery: 0.56

- Main change is that haste is over 50% the value of agi, so gemming haste is > gemming agi. So yellow sockets = 320 haste, red sockets = 80 agi + 160 haste, and blue sockets = 160 haste + 160 hit.
    - The value of mastery will increase compared to crit with increasing haste, at somewhere around 8-9k haste mastery should overtake crit. The default monk simcraft profile I used only has 3.6k haste which explains the low mastery scale factor.
    - Mastery will also increase in value if you are good at using Tigereye Brew at the right time (synced with trinket procs for example).
    - The 4k haste softcap is gone due to combo breaker being fixed at 12%.
    - Weapon dps is still king, esp. in the mainhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed you listed command as a racial for Orc but considering Xuen is a guardian and not a pet it generally means by game mechanic rules it isn't effected.

Or has tests shown otherwise?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins