Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Looks like I'll be running LFR religiously every week until this trinket drops.
    Keep in mind that they just announced that LFR version will proc less than it does on normal. LFR will only proc 0.722108 Real PPM compared to Thunderforged Normal's 0.92 Real PPM.

btw, are cancel aura macros working for clones now?
    last time I messed with it, it didnt work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    We would also be holding onto our T15 2-piece and to pick up the orbs when we proc the trinket.
    Well that could be an option, but as people has mentioned there is alot of movement currently on the PTR which kinda ruins the orbs.

On a second note you will just have to bank some chi and get into a nice high energy before popping TEB. Even if you loose alot of dps for 9sec, you will gain that and much more by the next 15 secs.

Also if you are planning to use Xuen(he just came of CD) you can use him at 2-3 secs left on the procc so he will regain the haste and crit shortly after(and you dont waste time during the TEB phase)

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Well that could be an option, but as people has mentioned there is alot of movement currently on the PTR which kinda ruins the orbs.

On a second note you will just have to bank some chi and get into a nice high energy before popping TEB. Even if you loose alot of dps for 9sec, you will gain that and much more by the next 15 secs.

Also if you are planning to use Xuen(he just came of CD) you can use him at 2-3 secs left on the procc so he will regain the haste and crit shortly after(and you dont waste time during the TEB phase)
    With a 22 second ICD on the proc, there is always the risk that even a well-timed use of Xuen would coincide with a proc at some point. The damage increase to TEB should more than make up for whatever dps Xuen loses during the proc, though.

Deleted
    I added a short 5.2 recap at the top of the guide.

I'm somewhat confused with my WW Monk, read several guides some of which state different things from other, mainly haste > everything (haste gems in yellow, agi haste in red and haste hit in blue) whereas here it says - Agi in red - agi/haste in yellow and Agi/hit in blue
    Ive plugged my characters into Wowreforge and Askmrrobot, getting different stuff from each
    Could someone take a quick look at my monk's armory and tell me what im doing correct/incorrect with regards to gear setup
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ayarr/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'm somewhat confused with my WW Monk, read several guides some of which state different things from other, mainly haste > everything (haste gems in yellow, agi haste in red and haste hit in blue) whereas here it says - Agi in red - agi/haste in yellow and Agi/hit in blue
    Ive plugged my characters into Wowreforge and Askmrrobot, getting different stuff from each
    Could someone take a quick look at my monk's armory and tell me what im doing correct/incorrect with regards to gear setup

Looks correct to me. You should be; current patch; at the amount of Haste Rating in which that; for the most part; be energy capped while in raid. Gemming; again, as of right now; is correct. You may want to prepare for the next patch by getting a few more Agi/Haste gems for your red sockets and full haste gems for your Yellow sockets, and Haste/Hit gems for your blue sockets. Secondary stats; especially haste rating; will be more valuable and you will want to aim for about 6-6.5k (you may want to test that and work from there and add or remove haste until you feel comfortable.

There are two reasons for the change. The main reason is the reduction to Combo Breaker from being a mastery to a base-line 12% chance. In raids, your talking about a 12-18% reduced chance to get a Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick or Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm. The other is FoF scales really well with haste so more haste = more ticks of FoF when you use it.

Keep in mind for next patch, AskMrRobot will say full Haste. Even in my gear I'm looking at 7k haste rating with all of the gems changed to haste. So I would use WoWreforge and slowly add in Haste gems until you are around the 6-6.5k mark, then say Crit or Mastery; whichever you feel confortable with.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-02-27 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Looks correct to me. You should be; current patch; at the amount of Haste Rating in which that; for the most part; be energy capped while in raid. Gemming; again, as of right now; is correct. You may want to prepare for the next patch by getting a few more Agi/Haste gems for your red sockets and full haste gems for your Yellow sockets, and Haste/Hit gems for your blue sockets. Secondary stats; especially haste rating; will be more valuable and you will want to aim for about 6-6.5k (you may want to test that and work from there and add or remove haste until you feel comfortable.

There are two reasons for the change. The main reason is the reduction to Combo Breaker from being a mastery to a base-line 12% chance. In raids, your talking about a 12-18% reduced chance to get a Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick or Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm. The other is FoF scales really well with haste so more haste = more ticks of FoF when you use it.
    Cheers, my main (armory in sig) is a jc got stacks of gems so thats sorted, just wanted to make sure i wasnt being a massive derp and missing something obvious
    I do have moments of "energy starvation" will more haste alleviate this?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-27 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Haste is a hard stat weight to model. Aside from a minor white damage increase, the benefit to a WW monk is increased energy generation. Really, you only want enough energy so that you always have something to do. If you are jabbing every other global to generate chi, you will require 13.3 energy per second. The complicating factors are:

1) fight mechanics that have frequent downtime discourage haste stacking. Those seconds away from a boss are seconds your energy bar is refilling, meaning extra haste has more potential to be a wasted stat.

2) combo breaker proc volatility. The nature of our current mastery means that you can either be global capped with procs with haste capping out energy and doing you no good or starved if you get a bad string of procs. Thankfully, the redesigned mastery in the next patch should make haste slightly easier to model.

3) energy valleys can be filled with energizing brew and fists of fury.

Most of the posters on here will tell you to play around with haste and find a level that works for you. Mathematically, 2 haste is very very slightly less valuable than 1 agility. However, not everyone who plays is a robot. It's worth running with different stat setup to find out what works for you.

I gem for agility and try to balance about 4k haste and the rest crit. I have tested dropping to 2800 haste and dumping the rest into crit, but my dps suffers. I have not tried going over that haste level, because outside of a very few fights, I tend not to run out of energy enough for more haste to be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Haste is a hard stat weight to model. Aside from a minor white damage increase, the benefit to a WW monk is increased energy generation. Really, you only want enough energy so that you always have something to do. If you are jabbing every other global to generate chi, you will require 13.3 energy per second. The complicating factors are:

1) fight mechanics that have frequent downtime discourage haste stacking. Those seconds away from a boss are seconds your energy bar is refilling, meaning extra haste has more potential to be a wasted stat.

2) combo breaker proc volatility. The nature of our current mastery means that you can either be global capped with procs with haste capping out energy and doing you no good or starved if you get a bad string of procs. Thankfully, the redesigned mastery in the next patch should make haste slightly easier to model.

3) energy valleys can be filled with energizing brew and fists of fury.

Most of the posters on here will tell you to play around with haste and find a level that works for you. Mathematically, 2 haste is very very slightly less valuable than 1 agility. However, not everyone who plays is a robot. It's worth running with different stat setup to find out what works for you.

I gem for agility and try to balance about 4k haste and the rest crit. I have tested dropping to 2800 haste and dumping the rest into crit, but my dps suffers. I have not tried going over that haste level, because outside of a very few fights, I tend not to run out of energy enough for more haste to be worthwhile.
    I will have a go moving some haste around, to be honest I think its probably me fat fingering the rotation at points that leaves me starved for a second or two

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    We saw our first one drop last week (didnt win it ) so yes it does exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:00 PM ----------

1. I use simcraft to generate scale factors, tho I usually mess around a bit with the action list to make it more like the priorities I'm using. Then I plug those into askmrrobot and play around a bit with different combinations of tier sets, valor upgrades, etc.

2. Preliminary scale factors for 5.2 with T14 bis gear (for reforging/gemming on patch day):

MH WDPS: 11.02
    OH WDPS: 5.62
    Hit (<7.5%): 3.77
    Agi: 3.49
    Exp: 2.39
    Haste: 2.11
    Crit: 1.48
    Str: 1.36
    AP: 1.18
    Hit (>7.5%): 0.76
    Mastery: 0.56

- Main change is that haste is over 50% the value of agi, so gemming haste is > gemming agi. So yellow sockets = 320 haste, red sockets = 80 agi + 160 haste, and blue sockets = 160 haste + 160 hit.
    - The value of mastery will increase compared to crit with increasing haste, at somewhere around 8-9k haste mastery should overtake crit. The default monk simcraft profile I used only has 3.6k haste which explains the low mastery scale factor.
    - Mastery will also increase in value if you are good at using Tigereye Brew at the right time (synced with trinket procs for example).
    - The 4k haste softcap is gone due to combo breaker being fixed at 12%.
    - Weapon dps is still king, esp. in the mainhand.
    is this still the current way we should reforge and gem with 5.2? iam a bit confuesed after all these changing the last weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    is this still the current way we should reforge and gem with 5.2? iam a bit confuesed after all these changing the last weeks.
    I don't believe mihir's gemming suggestion's are correct, currently from all the data I have seen yes haste>agi but only til somewhere in the 8-9k range statistically however most people cannot play like robots so I have seen suggestions of 6-8k region wherever you are comfortable. at this point regardless agi>crit and mastery gemming wise. you cannot reforge for more agi so my plan is to reforge for hit and expertise then haste, while still gemming, agi agi/haste and agi/hit. I have already done this and in my gear am at hit/exp caps, 6.5k haste and like 5.3k mastery. ymmv

Deleted
    The difference is minimal in any case.

The simcraft values im getting atm:

agi: 4.0
    haste < 6.5k : 2.1
    haste > 6.5k : 1.9
    mastery: 1.9
    crit: 1.8

The thing is, mastery = TEB, and being smart about when to use TEB will greatly increase the value of mastery. On a targetdummy/patchwerk fight agi might be slightly ahead of mastery*2, but once you start syncing TEB with trinket procs, boss vulnerability phases, AoE phases, etc, gemming mastery should be much better than gemming agi.

The ability of saving up 10-20 stacks of TEB and then burning all stacks when it matters most, makes mastery king (after softcapping haste).

Some examples from T14 & T15:

Spirit Kings heroic - saving up stacks when only 1 boss is active and then burning them all when 2 are active.
    Will of the Emperor - saving up stacks during normal phase and use them all during the gas phase
    Lei Shi - save stacks for get away / elementals
    Sha of Fear - save stacks on main platform and use on small platforms
    Sha of Fear hc - save stacks when no adds up and use them when adds get to boss
    Jin'rokh - saving up stack and use them when in the pool
    Tortos - save up stacks on boss and use them when bats come down for aoe
    Megaera heroic - same thing but with arcane worms
    Primordius - save stacks when dpsing oozes and then use them when transformed

and many more...

Personally I'm probably going for 7k haste, then rest into mastery (not 100% sure yet, running some more sims right now).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-03-04 at 03:43 PM.

Are these values in regard to patch day or at fully T15/BiS geared states?

Deleted
    These are in my current gear which is T14 BiS (ilvl 513)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-03-04 at 06:03 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are in my current gear which is T14 BiS (ilvl 513)
    Are you going to gem agi though?

Deleted
    Just so you windwalkers all know. AMR has now added a Haste cap in the edit stat weight options. Which really helps out now

Mastery is close enough in a Patchwerk-style fight that I am confident it will be the best stat in real world use.

There are just too many ways to exploit it on various encounters. Our ability to pool stacks to 20 is just as important as the damage buff it's getting. In preparation for a Bloodlust you could pool around 20 stacks and chain TEB back to back and with all the haste from the Bloodlust itself you'd have another 10 stack to pop at the end of the first two. So you could ride a full 40 second Bloodlust with about 45 seconds of TEB.

So yes, I think it will mean higher damage overall. But that's not always important anyways. What's often important is high damage when you need it to defeat a boss encounter. If you do less damage on Recount by the end of the fight but you pushed a vital phase transition or something and got world first kill on that fight, does it really matter if you did less damage overall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malanoma View Post
    Are you going to gem agi though?
    No... as i wrote 3 posts back, 7k haste then mastery.

The thing is, mastery = TEB, and being smart about when to use TEB will greatly increase the value of mastery. On a targetdummy/patchwerk fight agi might be slightly ahead of mastery*2, but once you start syncing TEB with trinket procs, boss vulnerability phases, AoE phases, etc, gemming mastery should be much better than gemming agi.

The ability of saving up 10-20 stacks of TEB and then burning all stacks when it matters most, makes mastery king (after softcapping haste).

Some examples from T14 & T15:

Spirit Kings heroic - saving up stacks when only 1 boss is active and then burning them all when 2 are active.
    Will of the Emperor - saving up stacks during normal phase and use them all during the gas phase
    Lei Shi - save stacks for get away / elementals
    Sha of Fear - save stacks on main platform and use on small platforms
    Sha of Fear hc - save stacks when no adds up and use them when adds get to boss
    Jin'rokh - saving up stack and use them when in the pool
    Tortos - save up stacks on boss and use them when bats come down for aoe
    Megaera heroic - same thing but with arcane worms
    Primordius - save stacks when dpsing oozes and then use them when transformed

and many more...

Personally I'm probably going for 7k haste, then rest into mastery (not 100% sure yet, running some more sims right now).
    perfect. thx for ur reply - so lets see if it works an have a good start in 5.2