Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    I really need advice on what to do, as i am at the edge of rerolling. I can not seem to perform nowhere near what i used to do pre-nerf. Here is my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nindou/simple

I use reforge lite addon and this is my stat prio input: hit cap, expertise cap, haste to 6000, mastery. In my current gear haste gets as close as 5.6k or something.

Please ignore the fact that my main hand is not enchanted, i have just recently recieved it and i don't have the money to enchant it yet. But my underperforming status was before that. I had the non-heroic version before. Please help.
    Unfortunately I have no advice for your situation at this time, but I have a question for you regarding reforgelite; How are you able to maintain 3 caps (hit/exp + 6k haste)? When I try to put haste as my third cap in addition to hit/exp, it doesn't account the haste cap, but reforges beyond it, as if I hadn't put the cap at all. I tried googling for the solution, and I found author's comments that you can only have 2 caps for some reason.

Regarding this, what reforge tools and methods you other monks use? I've found my maintaining 7k haste, exp/hit caps and then gearing for mastery somewhat puzzling.

Using good ole www.wowreforge.com, mainly because it allows for 3+ stat caps, although I really miss being able to reforge all my stuff with the push of a button

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Using good ole www.wowreforge.com, mainly because it allows for 3+ stat caps, although I really miss being able to reforge all my stuff with the push of a button
    wowreforge does let you do that, but I don't think it supports ilvl upgrades so it doesn't know the actual stats on your gear.

Yeah, you're right, I noticed that too, but it won't matter in a few weeks when we've replaced our gear.

Deleted
    Is there some list on normal trinkets? There was topic about Bis Hc gear but we are soon on primordius and i dont know should i roll for that haste proc trinket. I got upgraded Darkmoon trinket and Hc Bottle wich should still be best before Hc trinkets. But what about trinkets that drop from other bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixio View Post
    Is there some list on normal trinkets? There was topic about Bis Hc gear but we are soon on primordius and i dont know should i roll for that haste proc trinket. I got upgraded Darkmoon trinket and Hc Bottle wich should still be best before Hc trinkets. But what about trinkets that drop from other bosses?
    Talisman of Bloodlust is bad. The only normal mode trinket you'll want is Rune of Reorigination. Rune + H Bottle is BiS until Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Talisman of Bloodlust is bad. The only normal mode trinket you'll want is Rune of Reorigination. Rune + H Bottle is BiS until Heroics.
    What are you basing this statement on?

If you were still rocking a Relic of Xuen (even 2/2), there's a pretty good chance you'll want to get a replacement trinket from normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    What are you basing this statement on?
    I think the reasoning is that having inconsistent haste values leads to either energy capping or severe starvation depending on RNG (realPPM). I noticed you using the thunderforged version, how does it feel for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    If need a normal trinket to because you had bad RNG drops in other instances, I would shoot for bad juju. That one looks the most promising to me. I haven't look at any values just based on its stats.
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

I have a lei shi and elegon LFR trinket, is better buy the shadopan assault trinket?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    I have a lei shi and elegon LFR trinket, is better buy the shadopan assault trinket?
    It would most likely be an upgrade for you. I've been doing some testing with SimC and the ordering of my upgrades, and at least for me personally the trinket is an upgrade over my double upgraded Relic of Xuen trinket (I have the heroic Elegon trinket as well). AMR has gotten better with their results. By changing the scaling to haste ~.2755 > Crit > mastery and their "Relative" upgrade results are fairly close to what I'm simming. There are a few exceptions here and there but overall it's a good indication. I just suggest changing the upgrade ranking option to "Relative" over "Absolute"

For trinkets I think that Rune of Re-Origination and Bad Juju will probably be our BiS.

- Talisman of Bloodlust will create RNG energy capping and also mess with our Rune of Re-Origination proc so it's bad.
    - Renataki's Soul Charm feels wrong for us -- we don't have a big ability like a 5cp Rip or Envenom that we can hit when our agility peaks.
    - The VP trinket seems extremely good for its ilvl, but I don't think it will compete with a 541 ilvl Bad Juju.

Vicious Trinket of the Shado-Pan Assault:
    1467 Hit
    1592 Agility (Average - 8800 agi for 20s with a 105s ICD, assuming it takes an average of 5 secs to proc)

Bad Juju (Heroic Thunderforged)
    1752 Mastery
    1453 Agility (Average - 8756 agi for 20s at a proc rate of 0.5 RPPM)

The hit rating wouldn't be so bad if we weren't gemming hit in blue sockets and if so much gear this tier didn't have hit rating on it. The proc feels competitive (especially when you consider that you can watch the ICD on an ICD trinket and plan accordingly with Tigereye Brew) but since RPPM procs scale with haste the Bad Juju should achieve a higher effective agility. If we achieve between 16-20% haste then we should see an average of 1700 agility.

I am not accounting for RPPM procs overwriting each other, because I haven't seen it happen yet. They can proc back to back but I don't see them overwriting.

Deleted
    For people still progressing through normals, will the Shado-Pan Assault trinket - [Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault] be worth it at all, or is it better to go for the ring/wrist? I'm currently using Normal Bottle + Arrowflight Medallion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    For people still progressing through normals, will the Shado-Pan Assault trinket - [Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault] be worth it at all, or is it better to go for the ring/wrist? I'm currently using Normal Bottle + Arrowflight Medallion.
    Look two posts up. Yes the trinket is pretty good for normals.

Then the shadopan assault + lei shi or elegon lfr trinket? which combo is better?

So tonight I went and redid my gear and stacked Haste. And I just didn't feel like it was a good choice with my gear level. I feel maybe I should add in some mastery or crit more till I get more gear. Any advise on how i should stack my current gear? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blood/advanced
    Also so wish I got a couple 1h going into this new tier. We are still gonna far some older bosses seeing my guild mates and I only started raiding on the regular a month or so ago. I just felt my numbers dropped a bit on some fights compared to how I was earlier in the week. I was more crit and around 4k haste, like in pre 5.2.
    I am thinking the heavy haste and low mastery/crit is not a good idea for me, but can't really find much info for people in the mid gearing stages like I am. Most talk is about people having 6k mastery and 7k Haste, numbers I cannot reach currently. Thanks for any advise.
    Last edited by Fraeblood; 2013-03-12 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    I got talisman of bloodlust today. I will try to reforge some haste away and stack crit and use chi wawe today. Just curious how it will work

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    For trinkets I think that Rune of Re-Origination and Bad Juju will probably be our BiS.
    While I can see why it might seem like Bad Juju is a good bet, it's worth remembering that Renataki's has 3 things that Bad Juju doesn't.

1. 0.56 RPPM which is ~12% more proc rate.

2. 22 sec ICD, so it will never overwrite (probably the reason for the extra proc rate).

3. Still more average agility than Bad Juju, even if you don't take the Agility peaking into account. Just because we can't make perfect use of the Agility peak does not mean that the proc is any less powerful. Because it isn't.

As far as I can tell, Bad Juju is designed to do 2 things: fool bad players and be an option for people that cannot stay below expertise cap.

Well, that and create some variance in player gearing via accidental thunderforged and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

3. Still more average agility than Bad Juju, even if you don't take the Agility peaking into account.
    You can try to cast your FoF at 9-10 stacks of the buff, and in so doing extend the trinket's duration artificially. It's not half bad.