Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey everyone. One question I have about the current state of affairs is how often should we be using fists of fury now that some of us are losing our 2 piece from t14? So far I have been attempting to continue to use it on cooldown, but with the typical list of things that need to be done before fists can be used efficiently, it's really tough to use it on cooldown. Is it better to use it as a filler when energy levels are low (/sadface if so since it's a cool ability) or are we to be working on a set up to get it out of the rotation, replaced with more BoKs?

Deleted
    Hi i could use some advice with reforges and gear.
    I got Runes last night and now i should go for 33% haste 33% crit 34% mastery? Or 6.5k haste 6.6k mastery and stack crit as long as it stays behind mastery?

And should i use upgraded Hc bottle or Valor trinket? I mean Valor trinket has over 2x better proc but i dont get that proc every time i use brew. Hc bottle has smaller proc but it procs more often.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lushan/simple

(my hit is atm so low because i was using valor trinket wich gave me alot hit and i havent reforged my gear yet since i dont know should i use Hc bottle or Valor trinket)

Deleted
    I am in the same situation as you are and testing this ridiculous trinket...
    Your statweights seem to be OK, but I think haste is still a matter of preference. While some seem to go on the "soft haste cap" 6,5k, it might be too much regen for you (keep in mind that you profit from 2pc t15). I think Reqfu for example has only around 5200ish.
    On the trinket debate i'm not that sure. During my testing session it procced so randomly, that even with my bottle i rarely had both buffs (enhanced brew + agile) on the same time. Mabye the Vodoo dolls are great, but as long as i don't have them i'll take whatever is the biggest dps increase aside from RoR.

Guys, I have a weapon question, a 502 lfr staff, or the 496 with gem staff?

Deleted
    Whichever looks coolest?

mod: Troll Mihir is a troll :P
    Last edited by Luqt; 2013-04-11 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Noticed chardev was updated, so made a pre-raden, no thunder forged (since you cant hope for every bit of gear thunder forged, thats just unrealistic) gear set, its a bit basic, haven't messed with reforging fully as you may see, only gemming to achieve proper stat weighting.

h t t p : / / c h a r d e v . o r g / p r o f i l e / 3 0 0 1 0 - W i n d w a l k e r - 5 3 5 - H e r o i c - g e a r . h t m l
    (remove spaces)

But at least this will give some windwalkers an idea of what they should be aiming for

Quote Originally Posted by Littch View Post
    Noticed chardev was updated, so made a pre-raden, no thunder forged (since you cant hope for every bit of gear thunder forged, thats just unrealistic) gear set, its a bit basic, haven't messed with reforging fully as you may see, only gemming to achieve proper stat weighting.

h t t p : / / c h a r d e v . o r g / p r o f i l e / 3 0 0 1 0 - W i n d w a l k e r - 5 3 5 - H e r o i c - g e a r . h t m l
    (remove spaces)

But at least this will give some windwalkers an idea of what they should be aiming for
    Hmm, Reqfu's post of Bis ( no TF ) says Tier head instead of jinrok's head + primordius gloves instead of tier gloves, suppose its a matter of own choice their?
    Tho I'd go for Gloves of Cushioned Air , 3 sockets ( if bs ) .

Elitist Jerks contradicts this guide. Should I be using fists of fury?

15+ Year Old Account
    WOW! They reversed the 10% damage nerf to RSK in the latest PTR patch. Maybe now we can stop with all of the "my dps is low" posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Elitist Jerks contradicts this guide. Should I be using fists of fury?
    It all depends on your gear set up and how well you can weave it into your rotation. If you find it easy to weave FoF into your rotation without losing out on chi generation, energy capping etc, then you should do it because it is always a DPS gain. However if you can't weave it in successfully then it does the reverse and hinder your damage.

Or I could be totally wrong as I have been most of the time this patch!!
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    WOW! They reversed the 10% damage nerf to RSK in the latest PTR patch. Maybe now we can stop with all of the "my dps is low" posts.
    Think it was 15% before, I really hope it makes the live servers, so all in all we would lose 5% dmg buff ( counted with tiger stance ). Suppose WW will be a bit more viable now.

p.s I was like wow aswell when I saw it :P made me have a bigger smile then joker!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvan View Post
    It all depends on your gear set up and how well you can weave it into your rotation. If you find it easy to weave FoF into your rotation without losing out on chi generation, energy capping etc, then you should do it because it is always a DPS gain. However if you can't weave it in successfully then it does the reverse and hinder your damage.

Or I could be totally wrong as I have been most of the time this patch!!
    I use it in my rotation when I can, but I also use it to help out with stunning adds like at horridon / council ( spirit ) so less dmg / healing going around even if it will cap me .
    Last edited by Madcowlol; 2013-04-12 at 01:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcowlol View Post
    Think it was 15% before, I really hope it makes the live servers, so all in all we would lose 5% dmg buff ( counted with tiger stance ). Suppose WW will be a bit more viable now.

p.s I was like wow aswell when I saw it :P made me have a bigger smile then joker!
    Yea it was 15%. Had to look back at a comment GC made during the last PTR where he said it was; at the time; going to 10% down from 15%.

Not counting the changes to Tigereye Brew, it's actually an overall 6% nerf compared to what it was in 5.1; but a LOT better than the 17% it is currently.

5.1 = 100% * 1.15 * 1.2 = 138%
    5.2 = 100% * 1.1 * 1.1 = 121%
    5.3 = 100% * 1.2 * 1.1 = 132%

Also I would like to point out that this would essentially bring us back to where we were damage wise the first few days of patch 5.2.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-04-12 at 01:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just leveled my monk up, bought a few items and been having crap luck with loot. Then i killed Grand Empress LFR and got a weapon from roll and from coin woot! (Hunter never got this lucky..).

I've been looking around and see things like 'reforge and gem for this when you have such an item' what should i gem/reforge for when my gear is complete crap? Would agility pull ahead for example?

Can't link atm isn't showing up on armoury as i just transfered (Jackiechando on Eu-Kazzak).

Shows up on askmrrobot though lol - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...k/jackiechando

Should i go with the askmrrobot recommendation? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meta gem info: It gets buffed by RoR boosted TEB stacks. Got a 260k hit from a proc.

Deleted
    That sounds realy nice. Was this a crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Id probably say it was but it was averaging 7% damage for me for most of the pulls where I was not being dumb. Like it has been mentioned its identical to how the lightning capacitor was in Firelands. Very happy with early results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, GC confirmed that the change is intended...for now.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...57810993635331
    Buffs in 5.3 to Ret, Enhance, WW, Feral, hunters and mage AE are real, at least for now. Mana pool changes are not.

Deleted
    can someone explain "storm, earth and fire" to me?

i dont really understand this spell, how do i summon a 2nd spirit? i press it once, it summons one spirit, i press it a 2nd time and it cancels the spell?

edit: nvm that, i worked it out! has to be against 2 seperate targets :>

another question, since there is no duration, it just lasts until target dies, do you use it for the whole boss fight? is it a dps increase? im not 90 yet so cant really test. whats the use for it?
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-04-13 at 07:32 PM.

another question, since there is no duration, it just lasts until target dies, do you use it for the whole boss fight? is it a dps increase? im not 90 yet so cant really test. whats the use for it?
    Your clones work by exactly copying your attacks.

Each press gets you 1 extra clone, up to 3 total "you's". With 2 clones (that is, you and 1 extra copy), each clone does 60% of your normal damage (for a total of 120%). With 3 clones, each clone does 45%, for a total of 135%. If the "original" (that is, the actual player) is ever DPSing the same target as the other clone, the clone on that target no longer does anything but autoattack.

For example:

You are DPSing a target. Two more targets spawn. You put a clone on your original target, but forget to switch targets. You are now doing 60% of your normal DPS, and getting nothing out of it because your clone isn't copying your attacks.

Same situation, except you now switch targets after cloning. Now, your clone copies your attacks, and you are doing 120% damage. Repeat the process and switch targets again (now you've got 3 total "you's" out there, each on a separate target) and you are now doing 135% of your normal damage.

The important thing: NEVER DPS THE SAME TARGET AS YOUR CLONES!

Other important tidbits:

- Your clones have almost nil health. They do get the 90% AOE damage reduction it seems like, but you need to keep track of whether they've died or not.
    - When their target dies, your clones will despawn.
    - Your clones have a significant travel time.
    - They have to travel *back* to you when you unsummon them, so there's a moment or two where your ST damage will still be piddly.
    - an unsummoning macro is useful.
    - You clone gets their own Tiger Palm buff, and possibly RSK debuff. Best practice is to use RSK and TP as soon as possible after cloning to get maximum effectiveness.
    - Your clone has to stay in melee range of their target. If your target moves a lot (think Kazra'jin on Council) you won't get as much benefit from SEF (put your clones on the Priest and on the Frost Lord, then interrupt Sul on CD instead).
    - Remember, you *lose* a ton of single target damage no matter what. For mechanics that require a single target to die fast (Council if you're chasing empowereds instead of interrupting, almost all of the Horridon fight, Maegera) SEF amounts to nothing but meter padding at the expense of the raid.
    - If you've got adds that last a long while, and you've got RJW (think Wind Lord), pop up all three clones, put up RSK and TP, hit RJW, watch clones copy that, and SCK to 300k+ DPS.

Long and short of it:

- Don't use SEF on single target. Ever. SEF is for cleaving.
    - Its not worth it to use it if adds aren't going to live very long, or if there's a lot of AOE damage, or if your ST damage is more important.
    - Its nearly impossible to keep track of this ability with the default UI. There's a great set of Weak Auras out there that I use somewhere on this forum.
    Last edited by Felade; 2013-04-13 at 11:59 PM.

I will be happy if monks finally get buffed back up, it's been sucking raiding as WW, I actually went and leveled my rogue finally from 85-90 because I was sick of crappy DPS compared to before...seriously, getting a worthless ability like SEF, no matter how cool it looks, was not worth the nerfs to single target at all...