Thread: Vengeance

Deleted

Vengeance

How the hell new vengeance works?As from last build it is 2% of UNMITIGATED damage.Is that means that we will no longer get vengeance from block?
    And how good is the new vengeance.The old one i capped at 34k AP with full pvp gear.This and the constant nerfs will make soloing as any tank literally impossible because of low AP from vengeance even with full DPS gear.Anyone who test the new vengeance can explain to me how fucked up is the new vengeance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Each hit takes it up as 2% of the actual boss hit that just came, so if he smacks you for 50k you get 1k AP. This will continue to stack until it's at I think it's 10% of the bosses average dps, so it scales on boss dps rather than your health. I would hope (and assume) that even if you dodge/parry/block/miss it would refresh and account in for how much it would have hit you for but I can't be certain on that.

It's not a nerf it just stacks up to the value more slowly.

The biggest downside of this system is the better your gear, the smaller your vengeance will get in a tier.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

From what I understand, the 2% is calculated before armor/resistances/blocks/absorbs/damage reductions. There is now no cap on vengeance, so it scales with boss dps as MerinPally said. This also means that all tanks will have pretty similar vengeance stacks (for each boss).

It also has a fast scale mechanic, so the first hit you take gives you a large chunk of vengeance right off the bat to help with initial threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Block is mitigation, so it just treats a blocked attack as if you took full damage for Vengeance calculation. Dodges and parries refresh the duration of the stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jisbilby View Post
    From what I understand, the 2% is calculated before armor/resistances/blocks/absorbs/damage reductions. There is now no cap on vengeance, so it scales with boss dps as MerinPally said. This also means that all tanks will have pretty similar vengeance stacks (for each boss).

It also has a fast scale mechanic, so the first hit you take gives you a large chunk of vengeance right off the bat to help with initial threat.
    5%*

As far as I know, the vengeance is only calculated before class-mitigation (absorbs, blocks etc), thus a tank with less armor should, in theory, get more vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    5%*

As far as I know, the vengeance is only calculated before class-mitigation (absorbs, blocks etc), thus a tank with less armor should, in theory, get more vengeance.
    No, it's 2%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    5%*

Your information is from the build before this one. They changed it to 2% unmitigated damage in the most recent one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Your information is from the build before this one. They changed it to 2% unmitigated damage in the most recent one.
    A-ha. Disregard what I said entirely then.

It's 2% physical -- but I believe it's still 5% magical is it not? That was brought up in a post to GC regarding being vengeance starved against a boss such as Yor'sajh which is mostly magical.

Ref: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=221#4417

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Each hit takes it up as 2% of the actual boss hit that just came, so if he smacks you for 50k you get 1k AP. This will continue to stack until it's at I think it's 10% of the bosses average dps, so it scales on boss dps rather than your health. I would hope (and assume) that even if you dodge/parry/block/miss it would refresh and account in for how much it would have hit you for but I can't be certain on that.
    You'd get considerably more than 1k ap. It isn't the amount of damage you take, it's 2% of the unmitigated damage, so before block, before armor, before sanctuary/d-stance/blood presence/bear form.

Sanctuary reduces damage by 15%. For simplicity say you have 55% damage reduction against a skull level mob. So that's 61.75% damage reduction to get you to that 50,000 damage taken. So the unmitigated damage would be in the neighborhood of 130k damage. Which would give you around 2.6k ap.

Not positive, but I think it works with avoidance as well.

Deleted
    anyone know if due to "dodge refreshes duration of current vengeance" means that if you dodge enough to constantly "refresh" while stil taking some damg from other sources that your vengeance will keep going up and never "stabalise" at a certain value?

as thats how i read it but that seems well op as all you would need is to dodge before the previous "dodge refresh" ran out to preserve the vengeance while building on it with new vengeance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you took constantly more damage whilst dodging, it literally divides the amount of damage you take in the length of the window, avoidances or not. If the dodge happens at the end of the 20sec window, you just have a slightly longer period for it to average.