Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First off let me say that the guild im in has many females in it. But every guild has the right to recruit who they want and exclude anyone they wish to, its stupid yeah but the stereotypical "girl" on wow brings drama or swindles people for loot.

Thats just how allot of people see "girls" in wow and even if thats not the case there are allot of lonely guys out there who might get distracted by a girl in raids, again its sad as fuck but its true.

At any rate guilds who say they don't want females isn't the type of guild for you, theres no point trying to reason with them since its within their rights to recruit who ever they wish and you should already off the bat know they are a immature guild you want no part of as a female.

Edit: The no under 18 is much more common and i agree with it, many younger players always say they are mature for their age but cmon your 12.. and even if thats the case nobody in a high end guild wants a player who doesn't fully control their time.

ei " oh no Billy can't make it to progression and we are down our main tank because his mom wanted him to go outside.."
    Last edited by Exoblade; 2012-08-15 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the example should be set by some of the more well known raiding guilds, who are frequently discussed and spot lighted (not gonna give specific names, to avoid people thinking im being a fan boy, or biased, or showing favoritism etc)

All the guilds that fall into that category I named, that have shown RL pics and video of themselves, all have females in their raiding guilds. When I frothed at the mouth about raiding in wrath, our top hunter, top druid healer, and top druid dps, were all 3 female. They were superb, knew the ins and outs, and when a few of us got to know them on face book, were all 3 very easy on the eyes as well (just saying, they weren't like the stereotypical quarter ton chicks that people seems to think female gamers are. I have seen the proof that the stereotype is a lie lol)
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2 is LEGEND View Post
    A lot of times a women will cause drama, it's not that they're bad, it's that most virgin guys can't help themselves. Even non virgins are like OMAIGAWD A FEMALE, BETTER PROVE MYSELF A HERP DERPALERP
    Honestly, I don't know why a guild would have people like that in it. Why work so hard to keep one bad apple when he ruins the entire pool of female raiders for you? Don't those people get that they're shafting themselves out of more people by catering to the horndog?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Woaaa wait a sec! Would you agree that on average there are more Men/Boys that play this game than women? As well would you also agree that most people that play the game are generally terrible at it (if you don't think this roll an alt and level through lfg)? Thus on average most guys are are terrible at the game as well!
    Whoa whoa there sparky. YES the majority of terrible players are male because there are simply a lot more guys playing. As a percentage of the good players I've met though, only ONE has been female. 99% of the good players I've met have been male. It isn't scientific yes but that's pretty insane. I think out of the top 3 guilds on my server, there are maybe 3 good females in them. I'm not going to argue either that idiot guys who think with their lower-heads aren't part of the problem because they are for sure. It's just that as a whole the vast VAST majority of female players I've run into were fucking terrible and a decent number of them expected things to be handed to them because they have a vagina. This is probably the experience of the guild GM too. He probably doesn't want to deal with the drama and all that and would rather just not recruit them even if the offchance is there that they'd be really awesome.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2012-08-15 at 09:36 PM.

cuz IRL females say no to them ?

but seriously, 'hardcore' guilds should be above 'omg a gurl!' drama, if they're susceptible to that, its likely they aren't really a hardcore guild, just what's considered hardcore for your server.

real hardcore guilds only care about results, and if YOUR personality gets in the way of it, its YOUR fault, not someone else's gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why a guild would have people like that in it. Why work so hard to keep one bad apple when he ruins the entire pool of female raiders for you? Don't those people get that they're shafting themselves out of more people by catering to the horndog?
    Because the "entire pool of female raiders" is much smaller than the pool of retarded male raiders who don't stand in fire. Sad but true.
    Note that I don't agree with this policy, but from a numbers perspective it's semi-logical . . . assuming you have leadership that is too lazy to police such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

TBH, the people in that guild can't be straight :P To refuse females to join is stupid...We have 4 females in our main team and we got no problems...and funny enough only one of them is a healer...3 female dpsers :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimblake View Post
    TBH, the people in that guild can't be straight :P To refuse females to join is stupid...We have 4 females in our main team and we got no problems...and funny enough only one of them is a healer...3 female dpsers :O
    What do you hear more of though, female in guilds that cause problems or females in guilds that are really good, raid lead, out dps .

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Women often cause drama. That's just a fact. Almost all drama in guilds is because of loot (which the guild points out here) and women being jelly of other women, men they're fighting over, men fighting over them or some other equally stupid nonsense caused by women directly or otherwise. Is it the fault of all women wanting to raid? No but this guild has clearly had that problem before. They would be fools not to avoid the same situations. I'm sure a lot of people that say "amg lets have girls in our guild!" have come to rue those words when they cause drama. Do all women? Clearly not but it is like saying "we don't hire black people because of XYZ" being racist but sometimes justified in the cases where those black people do XYZ.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    What do you hear more of though, female in guilds that cause problems or females in guilds that are really good, raid lead, out dps .
    Who do you hear more from though ? The people sitting in trade chat that wipe after two bosses, or the people that log in once a week, do a full clear, then call it quits til next tuesday ?

Bad guilds point fingers, good guilds kill bosses.

My raiding community has 1/4th female players. We're all mature people, and treat each other with respect; Everyone knows their class and how to get the most out of it, and that's the main reason that my community is so successful. Respect, Teamwork, Being vocal on vent when needed, Having a good time together, and knowing how to play, that's all that we need, and it works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    I think that the example should be set by some of the more well known raiding guilds, who are frequently discussed and spot lighted (not gonna give specific names, to avoid people thinking im being a fan boy, or biased, or showing favoritism etc)

All the guilds that fall into that category I named, that have shown RL pics and video of themselves, all have females in their raiding guilds. When I frothed at the mouth about raiding in wrath, our top hunter, top druid healer, and top druid dps, were all 3 female. They were superb, knew the ins and outs, and when a few of us got to know them on face book, were all 3 very easy on the eyes as well (just saying, they weren't like the stereotypical quarter ton chicks that people seems to think female gamers are. I have seen the proof that the stereotype is a lie lol)
    Seems rather silly doesn't it? Why are you at all surprised that top players can be female? People have it in their heads the males can only be the best or w/e same sexiest stuff we see day to day irl.

Most people who think this way about wow players are probably not sexiest at all but still have this mind set, when in reality there is just a way small population of female wow players to males that it's harder to find talent.

Just like the olympics , New Zealand (my country ) only has like 4.4 million people so we can't nearly get as many medals as the USA but per capita we are right up there.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if on average a female wow player has a high skill level than the males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Because the "entire pool of female raiders" is much smaller than the pool of retarded male raiders who don't stand in fire. Sad but true.
    Note that I don't agree with this policy, but from a numbers perspective it's semi-logical . . . assuming you have leadership that is too lazy to police such things.
    Last time I checked the balance was fairly close to 50/50. But if these idiots, and others like them, want to rob themselves of possible connections with extremely good players... more for the rest of us!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Reply to there post and ask.

I'm 99% sure that they are just joking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Women often cause drama. That's just a fact. Almost all drama in guilds is because of loot (which the guild points out here) and women being jelly of other women, men they're fighting over, men fighting over them or some other equally stupid nonsense caused by women directly or otherwise. Is it the fault of all women wanting to raid? No but this guild has clearly had that problem before. They would be fools not to avoid the same situations. I'm sure a lot of people that say "amg lets have girls in our guild!" have come to rue those words when they cause drama. Do all women? Clearly not but it is like saying "we don't hire black people because of XYZ" being racist but sometimes justified in the cases where those black people do XYZ.
    The reason that this post's title is misleading is that most legitimate progression guilds won't put up with that kind of bullshit from their raiders, regardless of gender. It's the mediocre guilds trying to be hardcore that have to put up with some behavior issues in order to have a full roster. So I don't think that we can even say this is about gender; it's about guild leadership and the abilities of the raid leaders that cause these sorts of problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by that cellphone rule too?
    Glad its not just me.

It's been said simply. Drama. Every guild I've been in has had women in it. In every guild, 1 or more of them will begin the process, whether it be a conscious thing or not I do not know, of getting close to 1 or more members of the leadership. In some cases they already happen to be the wife or girlfriend of one of them.

Often times these girls will sway loot or raid slot decisions, or even strategy decisions because of their influence with the leadership. I've seen many times where a girl who really does not deserve to be raiding, will still be raiding simply because some nerdy virgin thinks he has a shot. Or in another case the guild leader's wife was terrible and was the sole cause of most of our wipes every night, but was still invited back and got preferential treatment on loot.

Some women also have an extreme desire to be the center of attention and can't share it with another. When you get two of these types it is disastrous.

Ultimately when evaluating potential new guild members there is no way to know what kind of woman you will run into. Most women are fine but a large portion of them can cause this kind of drama and so guilds just exclude them all together.

Ultimately it is the guys who are mostly at fault, (in most situations of course), but since women make up such a small portion of viable candidates, it is easier to exclude them all together.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had a girl in our 10 man squad 9/10 guys, was fine.

Deleted
    Haha i would be scared shitless if my raidleader called me on my cell phone xD (he is an angry guy)

Deleted
    Well, personally I'd say female are rather annoying but just saying that right about now 99% women and men are hating me. No, I don't deny it but not all Women are. Just rather most of them I'd encounter have been. Then again, they were delusional, crazy, daughter of ...yeah I'll get to the point. Drama, distraction, horny folks who long wish to crave companionship, lonely folks who are unemotionally unstable can cause it but I wouldn't say no women allow and as for me. Want to know? 2 women in the guild who just don't know when to shut up during a raid or stop delaying the Raid. On the first boss in dragon soul, it took 30 minutes, 30 god damn minutes to even do anything all because two women just would not stop prattle on about how giddy their looks are on their transmorg new look [Again thanks blizzard for bringing the fashion mall to world of warcraft. ]