Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well I can understand it even taking only the metric shit ton of juicy drama stories I know of into consideration .

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    3. The flirt - Finds a dude that is either to lonely or to stupid to realize what she is doing and takes advantage. These bitches bleed people, guilds, and communities dry. Usually can NEVER carry her weight but will receive more then most. Everything again is a MAJOR offense but instead of a fight on your hands it is sobbing and crying.
    So true lol

Depends on a guild. I knew (and was) in a guild that had a couple of very 'hot' female raiders (who were actually quite good). And they played on the hormones of the rest of the guild (in their early 20s) to get the most competition/performance.

In a less organized group, or with female raiders not willing to turn their manipulations to the benefit of the guild it can be a disaster.

In a more aged/mature guild where the male population is not always thinking about copulation I see no problem with having some girls tag along.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I love how they require you to not be immature, then ban females. I'd call that the definition of immaturity to not be able to handle dealing with those of the opposite sex.

i was in a now top 10 US guild and ill tell you the reasons why we shyed away we do recruit but only in exceptional cases cause the last one before I joined started dating another raider they broke up and like 4 people ended up leaving the guild cause of her. Then the one we had when i was there was a drunk hore on vent untill she texted someone nudes to a member and we leaked them to the whole guild to get her to leave.... and since I left they had 2 more females One was good and is still there raiding today. and the other is another attention hore who I believe also tried dating a member. so idk alot of female raiders are attention hores but ive met some who are really good but when your trying to push progression any distraction just sets you back.

Over the past 5 years I've raided with and gotten to know around 20 females for an extensive period (3+ months). Out of all of them only 5 were actually amazing players and I had the utmost respect for. Then there were probably another 5 that weren't the most amazing players but were dedicated, reliable and cool to play with. The rest were fucking terrible and were purely there because they were somebodies girlfriend. They would whine, complain about loot, rage for no reason, whisper behind peoples backs and incite drama. They had no idea how to play the game and were carried to heroic clears then bitch that they wanted the mount cause it looked nice. The latter is what leaves an extremely bad memory of female players in other gamers minds.

I would never discriminate and ban female members from a guild in the same way i'd never ban someone for what race they were or sexual preference. Just don't bother with guilds that have ignorant policies.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2012-08-16 at 12:28 AM.

Coming from my personal experiences with females in my guild is that the do tend to cause some form of drama be it other females in the guild or just the males being males lol. Also I've come across a couple of females that manipulate the male players into getting what they want be it loot, raid spots or even getting gold from other members. One female was even manipulating the other members with sexually oriented pictures/videos of her self for their gold, passing on loot in raids etc. BUT that has been my personal experience with females but I've seen female gamers be just as good if not better than male players.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    I love how they require you to not be immature, then ban females. I'd call that the definition of immaturity to not be able to handle dealing with those of the opposite sex.
    "Maturity" is a term misunderstood by many. In many cases guilds call themselves "mature" if they tend to talk about sexual/silly matters often. That's... adolescent. Not mature.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Sorry, I am not trying to start a 'shitstorm' as you put it. I am just looking for an answer. And it hasn't been 'just' that guild that has said it. I have found probably 10 or so saying the exact same thing over the last 2 weeks. I am genuinely interested in the 'why'?
    Care to back that up with some sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Fuck knows. Maybe because guys are idiots and don't know how to deal with a female voice over vent or are just tools playing a little bit too much Oo
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

15+ Year Old Account
    There are a few 25-man guilds that do this, but they're the exception, not the majority. It's stupid and discrimination, but they still have the right to do it within the rules of the game.

IIRC, the best guilds in the world like Method, Blood Legion, and others have female players.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    You said you stumbled upon "a lot" of hardcore guilds that don't recruit females, yet you only listed one guild. List a whole bunch more hardcore guilds that say they don't recruit females. I'm curious. I think you're exaggerating big time.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    i was in a now top 10 US guild and ill tell you the reasons why we shyed away we do recruit but only in exceptional cases cause the last one before I joined started dating another raider they broke up and like 4 people ended up leaving the guild cause of her. Then the one we had when i was there was a drunk hore on vent untill she texted someone nudes to a member and we leaked them to the whole guild to get her to leave.... and since I left they had 2 more females One was good and is still there raiding today. and the other is another attention hore who I believe also tried dating a member. so idk alot of female raiders are attention hores but ive met some who are really good but when your trying to push progression any distraction just sets you back.
    I've seen dudes tear up guilds before too, your point? If they want to ban "drama" then boot all the people involved in it, not preemptively ban females. I've had more amped up guys causing problems trying to show off their epeen, but as annoying as those guys are, usually you can still play with them.

The real problem people that I've booted people from guilds for, or left guilds because of, has been people that can't handle failure without resorting to name calling, abusive yelling, or just being cry babies. People that don't want to be apart of a solution shouldnt be in those guilds. I've often found females very eager to figure out solutions and work together when the chips are down.

Deleted
    Females I encountered in my raids/guilds all had some tendency to force everyone into their own pace. Be it progression, breaks, raidpool organisation and most annoying of all ACHIEVEMENTS. Seriously... What all of them had in common was to ask all the time for doing stupid achievements everywhere and with their "that's what the game is supposed to be and totally normal"-tone. When nobody wants to to something they went out of their ways to get the people active and so on...
    That's my experience and well I have to say I'm around on one "smaller" server since many years so it might be some kind of internal "evolution". Skill is different from person to person though - can't see any difference to males.

Hardcore guilds with mature guys are perfectly fine with recruiting girls/women. Immature, adolescent boys will no doubt react strongly to a female because they're simply at the age where they're starting to notice that the opposite sex can be fun. If I was a man and I had a raiding roster, then I'd rather kick players like that than exclude potentially great raiders because of their gender.

I shudder when I see some of the sexist, childish comments made in this thread by guys. They seem to think that women are of a different species or something, claiming we like drama, cause drama or try to take advantage because of our sex as if this was a trademark for all women. Pathetic, really.

Does this mean that no male gamers cause drama, or are bad players? Going by ratio I'd say there's more of them than female gamers fitting these labels.

Oh, and regarding the guild at hand...I wouldn't join it for one single boss encounter even if they paid me 500k gold, since I can't imagine them being nice people to raid with when they sport that kind of attitude, so if they want to turn female players down just because of their sex, it's their problem. They belong to the gender that can call a woman a whore, and then still do anything to sleep with her. How's that for intellectual?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-08-16 at 12:50 AM.

I'm in a guild primarily dominated by Women. (With the guild leader being a Woman as well)

Sure it ain't a Hardcore guild, but all of them are both friendly and good players so no complaints here! Go TBC! Woo! Woo!

there are plenty of good female raiders in top end guilds.

just from personal experience the two i was been involved in recruiting ended up being trouble and leaving, maybe i'm just sucker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Over the past 5 years I've raided with and gotten to know around 20 females for an extensive period (3+ months). Out of all of them only 5 were actually amazing players and I had the utmost respect for. Then there were probably another 5 that weren't the most amazing players but were dedicated, reliable and cool to play with. The rest were fucking terrible and were purely there because they were somebodies girlfriend. They would whine, complain about loot, rage for no reason, whisper behind peoples backs and incite drama. They had no idea how to play the game and were carried to heroic clears then bitch that they wanted the mount cause it looked nice. The latter is what leaves an extremely bad memory of female players in other gamers minds.

I would never discriminate and ban female members from a guild in the same way i'd never ban someone for what race they were or sexual preference. Just don't bother with guilds that have ignorant policies.
    And this behaviour is seen among MALE players all the time as well. The term "Looking for retards" came to be from "content" being downed by groups most likely containing 90% male players.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Only a fraction of my fellow females in this game that I have met have I found worth talking to. It's sad, but most of them are just way too girly and flirty and giggle way too much, not taking anything seriously - and guys switch off their brains around them. That annoys me. All of it. Most of them also don't seem to have a mind for certain game mechanisms. I guess they're just too superficially interested in encounter mechanisms for my taste.

Also... some guilds just aren't a place where you want to be as a female. Some groups of guys just are a bit weird... or they feel like they should show some good manners when a female is around... and they think they can't be themselves anymore in TS or that they no longer can talk about certain topics when female ears are in the channel.

There are many reasons why a guild may not like to raid with a female. We need to respect that. Let's not be mad about them. It's probably not a place where we'd want to be anyway.
    This is how I feel about the subject, why would I want to join a guild like that anyway? I see them almost doing me a service because if they did let you in, chances are, they would be a bunch of jerks about it.

I think it's best to just remain gender neutral as much as possible especially if you want respect in the raiding scene. It's one of the reasons I don't talk much over vent because every time I do, someone is blown away that a chick is beating them on the dps meters. I really wish this wasn't a thing anymore but some people are determined to constantly point it out, whether negatively or positively.

most of those guilds who have that rule had ladies in the raid before and because of bad performance and/or drama they now avoid recruiting female raiders.

nothing else to say about, and if a guild want to have those rules it's up to them really.