Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every female ive been in a guild with has been a horrible distraction, attention fiend and the GL and officers tend to pamper them and flock to this new piece of internet ass. ive never met a good female player to be honest...

Top world first guilds recruit females. Don't pay attention to a random wannabe guild from your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Then don't call yourselves hardcore and put up stupid rules like "no girls allowed" or "must have authenticator" to join your prestigious little club.
    You seem upset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders
    This is just totally 100% wrong. I raid with females, like 4 of them. and most of the time they listen and follow directions BETTER than the males. There is nothing wrong with recruiting or raiding with females, anyone who tells you there is, is just plain dumb and shouldn't get to raid themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    Every female ive been in a guild with has been a horrible distraction, attention fiend and the GL and officers tend to pamper them and flock to this new piece of internet ass. ive never met a good female player to be honest...
    LOL you do realize how that is the GUYS making the problem right? Not the females.
    Last edited by Violent; 2012-08-19 at 06:15 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post

LOL you do realize how that is the GUYS making the problem right? Not the females.
    Actually, it's not always guys that are the problem. Some females like the attention and look for attention from people with power. In that case, officers or raid leaders. Once they have their foot in the door, they can bend them whichever way they please even if it's barely noticeable.

You can try to blame guys all you want, but when is someone going to lay a bit of the responsability on the female?
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-08-21 at 08:21 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    This is just totally 100% wrong. I raid with females, like 4 of them. and most of the time they listen and follow directions BETTER than the males.
    This is just totally 100% wrong. I raid with females, like 4 of them. and most of the time they listen and follow directions WORSE than the males.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a female. I'm a hardcore raider. In 7 years of gameplay I experienced no negativity due to my gender. I'll add I never really made a secret out of it. While changing guilds I've never even seen a guild that would not recruit females so while I don't claim guilds like this don't exist I would say those a majority.

apply don't mention you being a girl. after you pass your trial tell m your acteully a girl. You will most likely get a good reputation within the guild for being awesome?

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

It can be the guys, or the girls making the problem. There are attention seeking, and drama crazy women all over WoW, but there are also plenty of normal women. Same goes for women who are good at the game, and bad at the game. The problem is often like you said, on the fault of the guys, though, where you'll have a bunch of them trying to impress a woman, or something else that can cause drama

It might seem unfair to exclude women, just because men will try to impress her, but no matter how you look at it, removing all women from the situation effectively solves the issue
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    They expect at least 1/8 HC to join and you think that qualifies them as hardcore?
    There is a point. In fact I have noticed that guilds who struggle a lot and don't do as good as their ambitions, tend to make up stupid rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    apply don't mention you being a girl. after you pass your trial tell m your acteully a girl. You will most likely get a good reputation within the guild for being awesome?
    How would one get through their entire application, and trial without it being discovered that she is a woman? You would need a very manly voice, or a guy to actually sit there and do the talking for you, and add to that you'd be lying on your application. Assuming for the sake of argument, that you could fool them with a fake voice, lying on your application isn't a good start, and you'd likely eventually be kicked

I really don't understand...
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    How would one get through their entire application, and trial without it being discovered that she is a woman? You would need a very manly voice, or a guy to actually sit there and do the talking for you, and add to that you'd be lying on your application. Assuming for the sake of argument, that you could fool them with a fake voice, lying on your application isn't a good start, and you'd likely eventually be kicked

I really don't understand...
    Hes implying that bad guilds don't use vent apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Hes implying that bad guilds don't use vent apparently.
    I'm pretty sure even the most awful guilds around use some sort of voice chat, be it Vent, Skype, Teamspeak, Mumble, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure even the most awful guilds around use some sort of voice chat, be it Vent, Skype, Teamspeak, Mumble, etc
    They do but that other guy is implying they don't for some reason.

Deleted

Red face Oh my..

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Do not bother applying if you are any of the following:
    1. Immature
    2. Under the age of 21 (anything under will require an extensive verbal interview)
    3. Female
    4. Have a *%%!ty mic
    5. Have no cell phone (or own one and don't respond)
    6. Care more about loot than progression
    7. Looking to raid more than 12 hrs a week
    8. Left your last guild because of loot
    9. Looking to get carried
    10. Don't know the in's and outs of your class
    11. not 1/8 DS HM Minimum
    12. Not have an authenticator

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!

This whole discussion makes me so supriced in a way.. But honestly, the guild that this list is taken from is not a guild I would concider good.
    But that is my oppinion ofc..

I am a woman, and I have lead a guild since the summer of 2oo7.. We started raiding in WOLK and have no plans on stopping any time soon.. =)
    Ever since we started raiding I've always been the one that mainly handles the raidleading, so in all honestly Ive run into all kinds of people
    over these years.. There are girls/women out there that do need to learn more about the game, and I have run into two women over these
    years that have been dramaqueens.. -_- However! In our core raiding team we have including myself four women (10man group), none causing
    any drama etc.... Back in the days when we did 25mans the players I had the biggest issue with during raids (refusing to do what they were
    supposed to, causing drama, and just basicly acting up) was teenage boys.
    Over all those weeks of raiding since we started I think two raids were effected by female drama. But on the other hand we had quite a few
    raids in ICC that got abit out of hand because of boys in the ages of 13-17.... We are nowadays not recruiting anyone under the age of 18
    to avoid having any issues again, but anyone that knows what they are doing and want to perform well is welcome - regardless of gender. =)

And as a little side note.. The cell phone rule is a bit harsh.. Personally I would not want to have all my guildies cellphone numbers.. o.0 But
    there are times where a phone number really can come in handy. I have the phonenumber to several of the core raiders in our guild, just to
    make the communication easier.. For example, one member has to stay late at work sometimes, and ofc that goes before a game. At that
    point its nice for the rest of us to know if he wont make it on time for a raid.. ^^

Thanks for taking the time to read, have a great day!
    //Lily..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyh View Post

Thanks for taking the time to read, have a great day!
    //Lily..
    Here's a perfect example of what this thread is about. Why on earth would you write a forum post with center alignment? No good can come out of that just as no good can come out of having females in HC raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Here's a perfect example of what this thread is about. Why on earth would you write a forum post with center alignment? No good can come out of that just as no good can come out of having females in HC raiding guilds.
    Lol, I found that... awkward as well. When someone busts in saying "I am a woman!", then does something really out of place, it's hard to take their side in an argument about women acting differently

Anyway, "Lilyh", you're ignoring the point that regardless of a woman's intentions, the presence of a girl in a group of men can lead to drama from men trying to impress the girl. Especially when you consider that lots of guys in WoW aren't exactly rolling in female attention, and when they get a chance to look good for a woman, they're willing to fight with the other men
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-21 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I laughed.

Its funny because its true.

And 10 man isn't hardcore raiding.

Every single boss was exponentially easier in 10man than 25 for DS.

Remember Yorsahj pre nerf?

Yeah about 11 guilds in the world killed it in 25, over 100 for 10 man.

Same with gunship and ultraxion.

Dps requirements were so low in comparison it was sad. Spine's tendon dps was stupidly low relative in 10 man relative to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyh View Post

I am a woman
    And why, oh why must so many of you point that out constantly? This is kind of proving that the guild in question by the OP has a point
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-21 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why, oh why must so many of you point that out constantly? This is kind of proving that the guild in question by the OP has a point
    I facepalmed when I read that first part about being a woman before I even noticed the weird centered text. Once I noticed the centered text my eyes skipped it over and went directly to the dumb little signature at the end and didn't even bother reading the rest of the post.

I've never seen anyone just completely nullify their own points in such an external way like that before.