Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    i feel this is also designed to impact AH players
    Most of the new features are. It's been a stated goal from the beginning that they want more people to actually go out into the world instead of mouthbreathing all day long at the nearest AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I think that he's been looking at a lot of BC stuff lately, because he keeps mentioning "primals"--the current content is "volatiles".

I wonder if they are looking back at BC and seeing what good they can carve from that expansion too.

I also wonder if all those morons who say BC>all will ever be sated.
    Exacly ,thats EXACLY what its so annoying about this comunity. I LOVE this game but the comunity EACH day shocks me more and more. Blizzard is Forceing you to get out of SW/ORG sure , but thats the idea the idea is for you to work your way up in obtaining things. Even if its something as simple as killing mobs around the world. And then probably the same people that say OMFG BC>ALL say this is bad. Terrible comunity is terrible. The BoA thing is comeing later on , they will keep it BoP to reduce the amount of epics and goodies on the AH right on release. Please people think and analize before you jump on Bandwagons.

Deleted
    I like the idea of it, much better then stupid volatiles of every kind.

Deleted
    This system seems right to me. It is diferent than the Fire / Water / Life / Shadow / Earth mote system, wich after 3 expansions I was getting tired of it. Having our alters farming out there is not that horrible, you will play another class and will discover the world in another way, so it's an improvement compared to stay in Orgrimmar and farm the AH. Blizzard heard that people wanted things to be like in the beginings, where things you got needed effort to get, so here it is a system wich asks you to do something.

Concerning the subject of farming with a healer: I had to farm Living Essence and Golden Pearl during Vainilla with a Holy Priest whith a shiny Benediction over my head that made me the easy target for PvP campers, there was no double speck, and I'm still alive.

And yeah, BoP materials are a mess if you have to buy them from anothr crafter who has to have them, but it makes you interact with people, search for cheap crafters, and this moves a little the comunity of the server. And BS, LW ans Tailorers at least get some profit from it, for me this 3 professions are the worst to level up.

IMO, Thumbs Up for this new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How is this different from collecting Chaos Orbs in Cataclysm?
    It's not? A lot of people also complained quite a bit about those orbs being BoP at the beginning of the expansion. Whether the majority of people actually agree or disagrees with the most vocal responses, at least the actual response it's consistent.

Most of the new features are. It's been a stated goal from the beginning that they want more people to actually go out into the world instead of mouthbreathing all day long at the nearest AH.
    Wasn't the point of the BMAH offering heroic tier gear so that AH players had a viable "progression" path via making gold?

Doesn't that contradict this change?

This shouldn't hurt too many raiders too much, unless they're going some combo of JC/Enchanting/BS (when they're not plate wearers). If they then want that epic that's going to give them the edge in week 1 of raiding, they're going to have to rely on a guildie, or have an alt who can grind some of these up pretty immediately. I still don't like it because it a) forces you to have alts if you want to min/max (seeing as JC/BS is usually top in early xpac before epic gems), and b) forces you to play those alts.

I thought TBC was a great expansion, but the worst part of it was the grindy-ness. They hear people clamoring for TBC like raids (in that not completing them is okay, and not expected or entitled), and then they bring back the worst part of TBC.

All I know is if they make me find an NPC which wanders from Jade Forest to the Dread Wastes in order to hear his tale to step into a dungeon, I'm outtie.

Deleted
    Just wondering about the motes, what do miners get?

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha suck eggs botters xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They really want to get people out into the world.
    Indeed this will give a very nice feeling of exploration and adventure looking forward for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's not? A lot of people also complained quite a bit about those orbs being BoP at the beginning of the expansion. Whether the majority of people actually agree or disagrees with the most vocal responses, at least the actual response it's consistent.
    I do think the majority hate that they're BoP and it's a huge drawback for people who need something and don't have the profession. It forces people to either level up a profession or bug people for something and get THEM to farm them up. But at the same time BoP means bad news for bots. I also like as someone mentioned, that it forces you to go into the world and farm them. Eventually they will become BoE, but overall I think it's a great system. No more hassle of having to farm 4 different types of primals. IE fire, water, air, water. One kind, used for everything and drops off any mob. Perfect.

This is a great change. Incentive to farm mobs has been missing since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I thought TBC was a great expansion, but the worst part of it was the grindy-ness. They hear people clamoring for TBC like raids (in that not completing them is okay, and not expected or entitled), and then they bring back the worst part of TBC.
    From a financial standpoint, grindy-ness is what makes the subscriptions float. It's understandable that many people don't like grinding but adding it back into the game is objectively a positive to both gameplay and subscriptions.

OT: Looks interesting. This should encourage people to double-up on those dailies since you can get basically everything from them now, from VP and rep to gold and (now) BoP crafting mats.

BoP mote/primal is lame. I understand their reasoning, but it totally screws over crafting alts.

Mitt Romney wouldn't allow such BOP pandering

I'm just cracking up that people are complaining about having to actually play the game to get something. I would like it better if it was BoA, but otherwise I like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but not as long as they're BOP. .__. I'm an altoholic so I don't have time to farm those on my every alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm just cracking up that people are complaining about having to actually play the game to get something. I would like it better if it was BoA, but otherwise I like it.
    I'm cracking up that people think that grinding mobs endlessly is considered playing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    hahaha suck eggs botters xD
    I'd say it will rather encourage even more botting. One bot at AH, 2nd bot farming mats. Though, it will depend which items exactly will need that motes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat off-topic reminder: The world premiere of the Mists of Pandaria cinematic will show at 2pm local time tomorrow, which will be 5am PDT / 8am EDT in the US. (Assuming I did the time converting correctly.)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You will get a boatload of those just from leveling the alt to 90.
    I'm sure I will but you missed my point. Basically I'd be forced to level the characters in order to use the professions effectively; leg armors from my leatherworker and leg threads from my tailor for example, if there is no alternative path to maxing the profession without the BoP materials.

I have every profession covered by my alts so my account is entirely self sufficient, however I prefer to level the characters individually when I feel inclined to play the class. If I have to level to 90 in order to acquire the mats to max the profession it takes the game play choice out of my hands.

To take it a step further, with the number of alts I have I prefer to take the path of least resistance to max level once I get the main finished.

Anyway as I said, hopefully there are alternative points available through crafting that won't require me to level the alts right away.

Did you actually read the article? Outside of crafting epixxxx, where is it required to farm Harmonies?
    I think maybe you're the one jumping to conclusions. It doesn't say anywhere in the article you won't need them to level the professions. It does however mention some possible alternative uses by profession.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirit of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.

Either way the characters get leveled, some of you just get a little too defensive when anyone questions a change.
    Last edited by istrain; 2012-08-16 at 05:04 AM.