Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    well for tailoring you don't need them for any current patterns as you can make 1 imperial silk a day with just 8 bolts of cloth you can make additional imperial silk each day with 5 bolts and a spirit of harmony

the spirit of harmony vendor in Vale of Eternal Blossoms sells nearly every crafting material in various stack sizes for 1 spirit of harmony
    you will have a nice pile of spirits by the time u hit 90
    my monk has 3 and he is lvl 86
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

But but .... Minning?

Pffft, with LFD people can get VP/JP and Motes at the same time while standing idle in whatever town, maybe a few extra will go out of the cities.

Also the Spirit of Harmony seems required for JC'er for an extra free recipe, i know it's ones own choice, but 1 extra recipe is god damn important for a JC, same with Alchemy, 1 extra of those Living Steel will be quite valuable so they're almost required too.

I know they are not required, but the benefits to those 2 are so big compared to all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They really want to get people out into the world.
    I'm pretty sure people working on trade skills were already out in the world mining and herbing etc... Not seeing much new that gets people out in the world.

As someone who has 4 toons SOLELY for crafting, this is a pretty ridiculous change. So now I have to take my crafters out into the world and kill mobs for these motes? Sorry, but I'd rather be playing my main toons. Sometimes Blizzard is absolutely brilliant and sometimes they just don't get it. I think this falls into the latter category. At least make them BoA.

Wasn't their design philopsophy this expansion "play the toon you want"? They merged mounts, achievements, pets, etc. This goes completely against that exact same design philosophy.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2012-08-16 at 07:30 AM.

This is retarded feature. If the droprates remain about at the level of beta, I got whole 8 of them during leveling... Atleast make rare mobs or elites have higher droprates or drop more, I think I killed some stronger quest mob in dread wastes that dropped 7 motes or so, or provide them with daily quests in addition to valor or with choice either valor or like 5 motes or SOMETHING. Farming random mobs for random BoP drops is ridiculous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    From a financial standpoint, grindy-ness is what makes the subscriptions float. It's understandable that many people don't like grinding but adding it back into the game is objectively a positive to both gameplay and subscriptions.
    When the whole video game market is moving away from that outdated philosophy in favor of casual gameplay and quick rewards. Most gamers actually realised they had a life and don't feel like grinding mobs for an entire day to be able to craft a few pieces for their characters anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    As someone who has 4 toons SOLELY for crafting, this is a pretty ridiculous change. So now I have to take my crafters out into the world and kill mobs for these motes? Sorry, but I'd rather be playing my main toons. Sometimes Blizzard is absolutely brilliant and sometimes they just don't get it. I think this falls into the latter category. At least make them BoA.

Wasn't their design philopsophy this expansion "play the toon you want"? They merged mounts, achievements, pets, etc. This goes completely against that exact same design philosophy.
    Adapt.

Do you really want to be doing the same thing every expansion? It gets so boring. Making a million or two with your crafters and AH characters is so easy now. It's just boring. What the game needs is a change to the design at its core and that's what they seem to be doing. Everyone is affected by these changes so you have to adapt and devise a winning strategy. It's a challenge.. and that's what we needed as the game was becoming incredibly stale.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    BoP mote/primal is lame. I understand their reasoning, but it totally screws over crafting alts.
    I honestly fail to see how it's "screwing over crafting alts" unless you use those alts to make epic gear. And even then you'll only need a handful of them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Somewhat off-topic reminder: The world premiere of the Mists of Pandaria cinematic will show at 2pm local time tomorrow, which will be 5am PDT / 8am EDT in the US. (Assuming I did the time converting correctly.)
    You did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    I'm sure I will but you missed my point. Basically I'd be forced to level the characters in order to use the professions effectively; leg armors from my leatherworker and leg threads from my tailor for example, if there is no alternative path to maxing the profession without the BoP materials.

I have every profession covered by my alts so my account is entirely self sufficient, however I prefer to level the characters individually when I feel inclined to play the class. If I have to level to 90 in order to acquire the mats to max the profession it takes the game play choice out of my hands.
    Yes, I too have a lot of crafting alts. And apparently, leaving them at 85 to max a profession is a bad thing according to the game designers.
    I also might add, that you actually CAN leave some of those at 85. Alchemy for example, has only 1 use for spirits (free extra transmutes) which means that your alchemists can happily make flasks, pots and other stuff at 85.

Also, to be an effective crafter in MOP, you will need faction-based recipes, and in order to do that, you will need to level. I might add, it's exactly the same mechanic as in Cata, where you couldn't purchase Twilight Highlands recipes before 84, yet apparently this didn't bother anyone.

Anyway as I said, hopefully there are alternative points available through crafting that won't require me to level the alts right away.
    Just to clarify: you don't need spirits to max your profession. At all. However you will probably need to get into the world and quest with the factions selling the recipes. Just like in Cata.

In addition to serving as a core crafting ingredient, Spirit of Harmony can also be used to purchase a variety of additional bonuses or materials that your character may need. While not every profession will get equal value out of them, most everyone will need to collect them for one reason or another.
    We have MOP Beta for that Spirits, asides from crafting, can be used to purchase ingredients from a vendor. E.g. a stack of ore, 20 random herbs, skins, crystals and so on. That's the additional materials. They also allow some crafters (e.g. alchemists and JCs) to get free research and transmutes without incurring the cooldown.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How is this different from collecting Chaos Orbs in Cataclysm?
    Well for a start, they're useful to all professions - no more killing dungeon bosses and seeing 3/5 of the group get something you'll have to pay for later.

You would have to Do a donjon and win the orb at the end, just to get one.
    Last edited by Ivers; 2012-08-16 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    how is this stopping botters? - they still just farm raw mats anyways -_-
    Spirits of Harmony can be used to purchase raw mats. With that fact in mind the price of raw mats will nose dive as they will be more openly available. Not to mention those professions that need mats once in a blue moon can buy them from a vendor instead of dropping a huge chunk of cash on the AH.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesacos View Post
    When the whole video game market is moving away from that outdated philosophy in favor of casual gameplay and quick rewards. Most gamers actually realised they had a life and don't feel like grinding mobs for an entire day to be able to craft a few pieces for their characters anymore.
    And WoW suffered because of it. Perhaps this new philosophy works in other segments of the video game market but not in the segment where the business model is built upon subscribers logging in every day.

It's one of the better solutions to getting people out of cities and rewarding people that venture out in the world. Having the Spirits BoP is going to be a bit of a problem for me because I supply myself with profession alts (they have all been 85 for 2 months or so). I'll get plenty of them on my main, who has Engineering and Alchemy. Alchemy provides me with a nice extra transmute, but Engineering has very limited use for spare Spirits. There are extra rewards for secondary professions, but I'd prefer to be able to send them to my JC to get extra plans, or buy extra herbs with my Herbalists.

I do hope they make them BoA from the start, but I'll manage if they don't. But whatever they do, I hope they never make them BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    Well for a start, they're useful to all professions - no more killing dungeon bosses and seeing 3/5 of the group get something you'll have to pay for later.
    That's not a negative. xD

Deleted
    Tigers Lust (talent monk t1) now only costs 1 Chi

What if I like to earn money on AH? What if some people like selling raw matherials?

Owell Guild Wars 2 welcomes me with open arms.

WoW is retired