Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Spending that much money on stuff to drink when there's people in the world that don't have a drop of water. I can not stand millionaires / rich people that just hoard the money, spend it on ridiculous things, when there's people out there that would give anything for 0.01% of what they have.
    And I cannot stand those without money, but plenty of time and alleged good will, who refuse to help those less fortunate in the world.

It doesn't all come down to money, but rather intentions, because nothing is stopping the rest of society from helping them.

Deleted
    If I had loads of money, I wouldn't care about the poor... Why should I ? It's my money, and I can buy everything I want. Honestly, even now I don't care about the poor.

Deleted
    Three pages in I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but so many people seem to have the impression that the rich people in these pictures are actively pushing their lives in your faces to look down upon others. That blog was created by someone who lurks up all of the rich kids' instagrams, not on their request but on his/her own volition, in order to aggregate all of their photos and bring attention to them for the rest of the world who don't spend their time following rich kids on Instagram.

I'm not going to form an opinion on the photos and posts themselves because it simply does not rub me either way what people with more cash than me do, but if you're going to hate them, perhaps you should focus on the things they actually do and exclude "create blogs to push their photos in our faces" from the list of things you hate about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Three pages in I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but so many people seem to have the impression that the rich people in these pictures are actively pushing their lives in your faces to look down upon others. That blog was created by someone who lurks up all of the rich kids' instagrams, not on their request but on his/her own volition, in order to aggregate all of their photos and bring attention to them for the rest of the world who don't spend their time following rich kids on Instagram.

I'm not going to form an opinion on the photos and posts themselves because it simply does not rub me either way what people with more cash than me do, but if you're going to hate them, perhaps you should focus on the things they actually do and exclude "create blogs to push their photos in our faces" from the list of things you hate about them.
    An excellent point! I am amazed this was not made clear early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade16 View Post
    And I cannot stand those without money, but plenty of time and alleged good will, who refuse to help those less fortunate in the world.

It doesn't all come down to money, but rather intentions, because nothing is stopping the rest of society from helping them.
    What? No.

When you make 20k a year, every single penny has to be accounted for. Maybe you'd LOVE to donate $1,000 to a charity you believe in (like, say, Child's Play)... but you can't fucking afford it, and even donating $20 is something you have to budget in.

When you make 200k a year, or are living off of your parents' apparently endless wealth, the same things don't apply unless you're a fucking idiot and have way more shit than you actually need (see: 3,000 sq foot homes for a 4-person family, etc.)

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So what? People like to get things beyond the minimum they need to survive to increase the quality of their life. What's wrong with that?
    Because there's a limit on what you consider acceptable spending. If you have so much money that you're perfectly okay with throwing $50,000 for a fucking bottle of wine - take good motherfucking note, that's more expensive than very large number of NEW cars, and more than twice as much as what a very large percentage of Americans earn in a YEAR - then frankly Uncle Sam or whoever should tax the everloving fuck out of you unless you're giving a lot of that money away to charities and the like.

I got no problem with someone being a multimillionaire. I do have a very big problem with someone having that kind of money - money that could be used for a whole fuck of a lot of good things - and being such a motherfucking wastrel with it. If you can't be responsible with your money, that money should be taken from you and redistributed among people who can be responsible with it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    must.......resist.......jealousy....

damn, the things i'd do with that kind of money. Good for them i guess.
    I'm very happy with my current life but winning the lottery would mean i'd quit my job in an instant and go do stuff i actually like.
    Travelling, some volunteer work later on, i'd pay off all of my friends houses !

anyways, one can dream.
    for now i'll just go back to sitting here thinking i'm morally superior for being more "humble".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    They're buying things meaning it's going into the economy meaning it is actually helping businesses. So in a way, it is actually helping something, and I'm sure rich kids get hungry to and decide to eat a $100,000 dollar meal at a restaurant. Maybe the restaurant should donate the money they made that night to kids starving in some third world country.
    It certainly helps other rich people to become richer. Doubt the cook/waiters are even paid with 1/1000 of the money.

Hey how did you get a picture of my yacht, and my receipt O_O

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    I don't hate the kids, it isn't their fault. Though it is a bit ridiculous that conservatives want these people taxed -less-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Oh man! These people need more tax breaks!!
    Considering they pay more tax in a day, then you do in a year I fail to see why they need to be taxed more. The kids are being given all that cash, but the chances are the parents have worked their asses off for that success.

If you want to tax success into oblivion then feel free, but imagine how bad your countries would be when the rich are penalised and abused for their success.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    When nearly 50% of Americans don't pay any taxes AT ALL, I think it's time we put some people to work, required college educations for ALL citizens, and eliminated benefits for those unemployed for extended periods of time.

Turn fox news up a bit louder ffs.................
    More people are college educated in todays world then ever before, and yet look at the mess we're in as a planet. Yes, I am blaming the education system for all the global fuck ups.

The amount of jealousy/envy in this thread is incredible. Wealth isn't hard to acquire. Nor is opportunity. Get an education, start investing early and make sure you maintain good credit. Pretty simple.

When nearly 50% of Americans don't pay any taxes AT ALL
    When will people stop repeating this ridiculous myth? Just because someone doesn't make enough to pay a federal income tax doesn't mean they don't pay any taxes at all. There are still payroll taxes (Social Security and Medicare), state and local income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

If you want to say that nearly half pay no federal income tax, fine. But don't say that nearly half don't pay any taxes at all, because it's completely false.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I can shed some light on why those bottles of liquor / wine cost so much. (As a patron of these locales).

In many high end clubs, restaurants, bars etc. you need to spend a certain amount to get / hold a table.

Since this amount can cost tens of thousands of dollars, these establishments "aid" their clientele by selling bottles at the aforementioned prices.

Mind you, the high price of tables in these establishments are set out of demand , i.e. people of high status are usually clamoring to secure a place in scenic / trendy / upscale establishments like these, so this price comes from them fighting over spots and paying as much as they are willing to do so.

As a result, the bartenders, waitresses, valet attendants etc. all get to make significantly more than in an average establishment.
    This. The profit margin on that bottle is huge, but its probably included the "table fee". Some places in Europe(in Norway its like this aswell) you cant sell a table or a spot unless you have a designated VIP spot. But you can say that you have to buy drinks/food/snacks for a certain amount to stay at the designated table

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because there's a limit on what you consider acceptable spending. If you have so much money that you're perfectly okay with throwing $50,000 for a fucking bottle of wine - take good motherfucking note, that's more expensive than very large number of NEW cars, and more than twice as much as what a very large percentage of Americans earn in a YEAR - then frankly Uncle Sam or whoever should tax the everloving fuck out of you unless you're giving a lot of that money away to charities and the like.
    Why? They (or their parents in this case) earned that wealth. Without their contributions, this wealth wouldn't exist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaShark
    I got no problem with someone being a multimillionaire. I do have a very big problem with someone having that kind of money - money that could be used for a whole fuck of a lot of good things - and being such a motherfucking wastrel with it. If you can't be responsible with your money, that money should be taken from you and redistributed among people who can be responsible with it.
    People value different things. I don't come to your table and tell you want you can and cannot drink and eat. You shouldn't either. Someone before them earned that money and gave it to these kids so that they could enjoy themselves. It's not anything away from you.

Guess you've never had 30$ an ounce Kobe beef at Prime 112 in Miami.

I donate plenty to charity. And I pay my 'fair share' as the Kenyan repeats daily like a damn parrot. Also for the record, yes I keep money outside of the United States. The tax code here is a joke and I'm doing quite well for myself and my business isn't hurting at all.

Tell you one thing though. I'll be paying the fine, rather than paying for health insurance for all those I employ if Obama remains in Office. I also know several Physicians who won't be accepting Medicare, or any new patients for that matter if this tax is upheld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I find this to be the most outrageous thing of all. WHO BUYS A COKE FOR 10 DOLLARS
    Indeed! Wine for 20k and 50k is acceptable, but a coke for 10 dollars!?! What were they even thinking?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstoppableFlame View Post
    I like the second-to-last item on the receipt. "3 The..... 12.00" I don't even...
    Probably three cups of tea at 4.00 each.

Deleted
    Sign of a bad parent to spoil them like this. They'll never understand the value of accomplishing things on their own. I bet those brats will live off their parents wealth for their entire life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    People can't control if they're born in to wealth or not, so I don't have anything against that.

But if the brats choose to live of their parents wealth their entire life, then yes I have a problem with them.
    BINGO! 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JR-Ewing View Post
    The amount of jealousy/envy in this thread is incredible. Wealth isn't hard to acquire. Nor is opportunity. Get an education, start investing early and make sure you maintain good credit. Pretty simple.
    Not really.

If it was as simple as you say, the economy never would've shit its pants four years ago.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not really.

If it was as simple as you say, the economy never would've shit its pants four years ago.
    Yeah really it is. I have no idea what you do for a living, but this is just the same excuse everyone uses. That and the 'Blame Bush' bullshit.