Thread: WoW Tombstone

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW Tombstone

lol this is pretty clever of ArenaNet to put in.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...wow-tombstone/

This is why we need to learn New Krytan.

Haha. Awesome!

how is it clever?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    how is it clever?
    Well its a tomb stone and when you translate it you get the message.

Deleted
    Clever to put it in, however I see 2 sides of the argument as far as I can see.
    1) Are they saying (just like Rift did) to Blizzard; "We're gonna take you down and there's nothing you can do about it!".
    2) As someone said, a compliment to WoW? Being as tunnel-visioned as I can be I am going to go out there and say that it's the former.
    Personally I think it's a stupid thing to do. But it's their game.

Deleted

Happy translating! http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/New_Krytan <--- Substitution cipher

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does "We're not in Azeroth anymore" ring any bells? Oh yeah...or "We expect 12 million subs for SWtOR"? Or the little gem that Anet brought out called Aion that was s'pposed to kill WoW and started a nice little flamewar here on the forum?

Anyways. Stll funny. I like it when developers take a shot at each other and I bet Blizz doesn't mind (if they have balls).
    Anet didn't develop Aion. They only share a publisher (NCSoft) ... not developers.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does "We're not in Azeroth anymore" ring any bells? Oh yeah...or "We expect 12 million subs for SWtOR"? Or the little gem that Anet brought out called Aion that was s'pposed to kill WoW and started a nice little flamewar here on the forum?

Anyways. Stll funny. I like it when developers take a shot at each other and I bet Blizz doesn't mind (if they have balls).
    ANet didn't make Aion, NCSoft did.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Heh, clever find. But im sure fans of either franchise will read way to much in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Heh, clever find. But im sure fans of either franchise will read way to much in to it.
    They always do.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard takes this as a challenge, GW2 is gunna be a great game but won't be a WoW killer. It's clever but meh who am I kidding this is going to bite them on the ass later after GW2 doesn't kill WoW. Bit RIFT on the ass too if I recall "We aren't in Azeroth anymore"

And here I thought it was just Trion that liked to bad-mouth other MMOs. I'm disappointed.*

* - This assumes that the translation is real of course.

Now we wait for Blizzard's jab back I guess =p.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    So its wannabe rift all over again!!!
    Trolling...

Oh Almighty Blizzard, answer to this insolent call! Show them your wrath!

Lol, on a serious not... that's very clever! I still want Blizzard however to remain professional!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-15 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    95% of players won't even notice that, pretty clever indeed.
    People always take things too seriously, that tombstone doesn't necessarily mean "WoW's dead".

It says "I played WoW and look at me now. If only I had been like you and stuck to playing GW2."
    Look at it this way: It's a grave for those characters who'll get abandoned by players who go back to WoW after playing GW2 and never return.
    Though I may misunderstand the sentence as my english skills are mediocre.

But now since it was found this early I believe Anet will change it.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-08-15 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Y'know, I hope this gets Blizzard worried. That way, you'll get competition between the games to be better, and therefore a better standard all around.

Only problem is the rabid fanboys =(

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Y'know, I hope this gets Blizzard worried. That way, you'll get competition between the games to be better, and therefore a better standard all around.

Only problem is the rabid fanboys =(
    Worried? About what? A game that doesn't require a subscription? Oh noez...c'mon now Guild War fans get your heads on straight....
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    I personally don't find this funny or clever in any way...

It's just as tasteless as I thought "We're not in Azeroth" anymore was.