Thread: WoW Tombstone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Oh man, people can't get a joke. Look at all the WoW defenders in here.

And, as a curiosity, why don't you, WoW fans, want competition? Competition is good, competition makes companies fight for their customers. Competition makes companies not sit on their ass leaving you with 1 tiny raid for 10 freaking months! And to those saying "oh, another Rift", Rift didn't kill WoW but is successful and has more updates then WoW while working on an expansion that expands the size of the world to 300%! In the meantime Pandaria is 2/3 of Northrend and you got 0 content for 10 months. Heck, the pandaren females don't even have different faces!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

And, as a curiosity, why don't you, WoW fans, want competition? Competition is good, competition makes companies fight for their customers. Competition makes companies not sit on their ass leaving you with 1 tiny raid for 10 freaking months! And to those saying "oh, another Rift", Rift didn't kill WoW but is successful and has more updates then WoW while working on an expansion that expands the size of the world to 300%! In the meantime Pandaria is 2/3 of Northrend and you got 0 content for 10 months. Heck, the pandaren females don't even have different faces!
    Will you Guild Wars 2 people ever learn =/, stop trying to turn this into WoW Vs. GW2..... Never ends well for anyone.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Jokes are subjective... you cannot force someone to "like" a joke!

That being said, that's not competition, but some lil' thing they added for the funz!

I'll ignore the direct insults being made to Blizz/WoW cause that is low!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    that tombstone doesn't necessarily mean "WoW's dead".

It says "I played WoW and look at me now. If only I had been like you and stuck to playing GW2."
    Look at it this way: It's a grave for those characters who'll get abandoned by players who go back to WoW after playing GW2 and never return.
    I read through all of the posts where this came from originally, and I think you nailed it. I think ArenaNet is trying to poke fun at the WoW players who will play GW2 for a month and go back to WoW (like me). I don't think they were taking a shot at Blizzard, but even if they were I applaud them for doing it. I'm a huge fan of WoW, and I still think this is a clever little Easter Egg. Sad state of affairs if they take it out now...

Deleted
    I think it's somewhat funny that they do this ingame.

However, i'm a little bit disappoint since they have said several times before that ''They do not care about other MMOs, they just want you to play their game and enjoy it''

And now they start doing stuff like this. I know the game will be great, and I got the CE pre-purchased, but I hoped for a neutral stance between the two games in some way, really.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inc shitstorm...

Just calling it, this thread isn't going to end well.

The One thread has this discussed already though, if you'd like continue there. Just keep it civil.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

No one is defending WoW, I for one just think it's gunna bite them on the ass in the future. I don't even play WoW anymore because I got bored and I am looking forward to playing GW2 looks awesome. But the fact of the matter is WoW can't die, 9mil subs wont all leave for GW2. And I think this seems like a taunt that will as I said; bite them on the ass when people get bored of playing GW2.