Guardian VS warrior dilemma. Need some insight please

Hello GW2 community!

Quick background. Never played GW2. Have a close friend who has played all betas. wants me to play. so i will play.

I want to play a heavy armor, 2 hander wielding, in your face, fuck shit up class. And that leads me to warrior and guardian. i would love to play either i just need some insight and have a few questions for the community, and those who have played both classes.

WARNING! this is NOT a "what class should i play" thread. im only asking for insight.

So first off guardian. aesthetically pleasing. i dig the whole holy warrior support type class. But my question is, does it feel TOO supporty? do you feel if left a lone you would have trouble killing something? does wielding a fat 2handed sword just WRECK? or do u feel like a cheap wannabe version of a warrior. And the biggest thing, how is the ranged abilities with guardian? i havent seen much of it, and i dont want to be in a situation where im in a huge like 40V40 and i cant do much sitting in the back because i have VERY limited ranged attacks, and going to the front lines is suicide.

Second warrior. I love the up in ur face, smash u with my mace or sword, super crazy damage fuck shit up type reckless playstyle of warriors. I also like the potential that the ranged warrior has. i feel like u wouldnt have much trouble chillin in the back shootin some fire arrows and pumpin some lead in to a group of enemies. But my question is, does the warrior feel SO offensive, you would have trouble keeping urself up? does it feel like u go in, wreck a couple guys, and just get pummeled because you have no defensive type abilities?

TL;DR: Basically what im asking is does the guardian feel so supporty ur dmg is gimped and u cant hold ur own? and is there good ranged potential? or are u forced to be on the front lines to really do anything.
    And does the warrior feel so offensive that is lacks any sort of defense? or does it feel like a very well rounded type warrior, where if ur in a bind, u dont have to rely on other people so much.

Also i apologize if im asking the wrong questions. been playing wow since classic and ive heard GW2 is completely diff in terms of playstyle. have to go in with a diff mindset. Thank you in advance!!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 Fencers

No one will choose the class for you, if you have questions you can go to the specific threads of the classes. Im closing this down ~Zil

If you would like to discuss Warriors or Guardians please use their respective class threads:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-Thread
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

Thanks & smooches!

--Fencers